Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] The Hacker Group Known as Anonymous  (Read 573 times)
Krislaw (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2020, 06:44:59 PM

Since most people don’t know (or don’t remember) the hacker group anonymous, here’s a thread because they’re a pretty big fucking deal.
So basically anonymous started on 4chan back in 2003. the whole point was to gather hackers all over the world to form a digital “hive”. they’re usually distinguished by wearing guy fawkes masks. Eventually it got to the point where, in 2012, TIME declared they were one of the "100 most influential people" in the world. coincidentally, they were also declared a national security threat because they deadass would not stop hacking american government servers LMAOOOO.

For example, remember back in 2008 when the church of scientology was gaining an insane amount of supporters and celebrity endorsements (tom cruise, john travolta, etc)? where’d they go? turns out anonymous singlehandedly ended the majority of the moment due to ddos attacks, email spams, prank calls, etc) normally this wouldn’t have been a problem but the fact that the group was SO huge meant that the church was getting millions of troll calls a day until eventually nobody took the church of scientology serious anymore bc they couldn’t operate at all.
There was also the “Operation Payback”. it was so fun to watch because they targeted so many important govt branches (Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft, the U.S. Copyright Office, etc) the total downtime of all these attacks was estimated to be around 537.55 hours.Operation Payback eventually led to “Operation Avenge Assange", and Anons issued a press release declaring PayPal a target. attacks brought down paypl for an hour on dec 8 and another brief period on dec 9. this may not seem like a long time that meant MILLIONS of dollars lost.
Beginning in january 2011, anons took a number of actions known initially as “Operation Tunisia” in support of Arab Spring movements. Tflow created a script that Tunisians could use to protect their web browsers from government surveillance. Not only that, but they also target multiple businesses/corporations accused of homophobia. in december 2012, anons published the names, phone numbers, and e-mail and home addresses of westboro church members and brought down GodHatesF***.com with a DDoS attack.
In august 2012, anons hacked the site of Ugandan Prime Minister Amama Mbabazi in retaliation for the Parliament of Uganda's consideration of an anti-homosexuality law permitting capital punishment (he tried to make sentences of 14 years to life if you were caught being gay).

OHHH! they also declared war and constantly hacked sony in retaliation for them trying to sue George Hotz (the first guy to jailbreak an iphone, rumored to be an anon). this was the biggest gaming security breach EVER and left weeks without access to online servers.

Read More
Source: https://twitter.com/yunhophobe/status/1266941805842575360?s=19
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 04:09:19 AM

Since most people don’t know (or don’t remember) the hacker group anonymous, here’s a thread because they’re a pretty big fucking deal.
So basically anonymous started on 4chan back in 2003. the whole point was to gather hackers all over the world to form a digital “hive”. they’re usually distinguished by wearing guy fawkes masks. Eventually it got to the point where, in 2012, TIME declared they were one of the "100 most influential people" in the world. coincidentally, they were also declared a national security threat because they deadass would not stop hacking american government servers LMAOOOO.

For example, remember back in 2008 when the church of scientology was gaining an insane amount of supporters and celebrity endorsements (tom cruise, john travolta, etc)? where’d they go? turns out anonymous singlehandedly ended the majority of the moment due to ddos attacks, email spams, prank calls, etc) normally this wouldn’t have been a problem but the fact that the group was SO huge meant that the church was getting millions of troll calls a day until eventually nobody took the church of scientology serious anymore bc they couldn’t operate at all.
There was also the “Operation Payback”. it was so fun to watch because they targeted so many important govt branches (Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft, the U.S. Copyright Office, etc) the total downtime of all these attacks was estimated to be around 537.55 hours.Operation Payback eventually led to “Operation Avenge Assange", and Anons issued a press release declaring PayPal a target. attacks brought down paypl for an hour on dec 8 and another brief period on dec 9. this may not seem like a long time that meant MILLIONS of dollars lost.
Beginning in january 2011, anons took a number of actions known initially as “Operation Tunisia” in support of Arab Spring movements. Tflow created a script that Tunisians could use to protect their web browsers from government surveillance. Not only that, but they also target multiple businesses/corporations accused of homophobia. in december 2012, anons published the names, phone numbers, and e-mail and home addresses of westboro church members and brought down GodHatesF***.com with a DDoS attack.
In august 2012, anons hacked the site of Ugandan Prime Minister Amama Mbabazi in retaliation for the Parliament of Uganda's consideration of an anti-homosexuality law permitting capital punishment (he tried to make sentences of 14 years to life if you were caught being gay).

OHHH! they also declared war and constantly hacked sony in retaliation for them trying to sue George Hotz (the first guy to jailbreak an iphone, rumored to be an anon). this was the biggest gaming security breach EVER and left weeks without access to online servers.

Read More

@Krislaw I didn't even knew such a group existed till now, and after reading what all they have done in the past I’m really concerned about what they’ll do this time round. While I’m all in for justice being served if someone’s committed a crime which deserves punishment, but handing such power to an organisation like this is scary as they won’t follow any legal procedures, and they will do more harm than good in my personal opinion.

The speaker, wearing a hoodie and the Guy Fawkes mask that’s a well-known symbol of the group, concludes the video with, “we do not trust your corrupt organization to carry out justice, so we will be exposing your many crimes to the world. We are a legion. Expect us.”

Source:

https://time.com/5845880/anonymous-minneapolis-police-hack/
Krislaw (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 07:42:01 AM

Read More

@Krislaw I didn't even knew such a group existed till now, and after reading what all they have done in the past I’m really concerned about what they’ll do this time round. While I’m all in for justice being served if someone’s committed a crime which deserves punishment, but handing such power to an organisation like this is scary as they won’t follow any legal procedures, and they will do more harm than good in my personal opinion.

I got to read their story too the day that video got released. They are very scary to be honest and right now, I think people won't mind who the hackers are, all they care is someone is going to land a big blow on the face of USA problem as I call  it.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 10:43:53 AM

They are hacktivists and they won't just appear for their own interest. They speak for normal people and do more online protest through defacing websites.

I got to read their story too the day that video got released. They are very scary to be honest and right now, I think people won't mind who the hackers are, all they care is someone is going to land a big blow on the face of USA problem as I call  it.
No one will know who they really are. Their identities are kept to each other and even their co-members don't know who the other members are personally.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 12:44:06 PM

They are hacktivists and they won't just appear for their own interest. They speak for normal people and do more online protest through defacing websites.

I got to read their story too the day that video got released. They are very scary to be honest and right now, I think people won't mind who the hackers are, all they care is someone is going to land a big blow on the face of USA problem as I call  it.
No one will know who they really are. Their identities are kept to each other and even their co-members don't know who the other members are personally.

If they will stay with their mission and not go to their personal interest, I vote for them to do their job. Though it is illegal just to hack someone else's site, but at least those who are voiceless have someone to stand up for them. So people will know also the truth behind these big commercial companies. I just hope those companies that are being victimized by their act will do the necessary things.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 12:58:17 PM

If they will stay with their mission and not go to their personal interest, I vote for them to do their job. Though it is illegal just to hack someone else's site, but at least those who are voiceless have someone to stand up for them. So people will know also the truth behind these big commercial companies. I just hope those companies that are being victimized by their act will do the necessary things.
Yup, they're voicing the majority although it doesn't look good for some people but if you're really one of those people that experiences the subject that they are tackling and reason for the specific hack.

You'll feel them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Keiser Soze

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 04:52:52 AM

Have you been living under a rock for the past decade?

No one handed them power, they took it, thats what hackers do. They take things and hold you hostage to them (ransomware, etc).

Anonymous is a hacktivist group by which individuals across the globe can promote access to information, free speech, and transparency.

For those interested, they also have a financial research arm Anonymous Analytics - http://www.anonanalytics.com/p/blog-page_9.html

Most recently, it was claimed they hacked the Chicago Police Dept's scanners and played NWA's Fuck The Police on their frequency amidst the #blacklivesmatter protests - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddWrzkFdpD0
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 08:16:10 AM

Anonymous is a huge digital hive of hackers around the world and I truly respect them.
I think that they are also divided into countries hive -lets say Anonymous US and Anonymous China. This means that sometimes those two teams are compete for their countries benefits...
igor171717

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 09:10:36 AM

I did not understand the essence of this group, for the sake of profit or to show that they can do it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: