Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:24:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think testnet coins should be trade able already in exchange  (Read 318 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 08:51:31 PM

Test net coins are those coins whose platform are still in trial period so we can say that it's not bug-free and there is still a lot of error that should be fixed, Do you think testnet coins should be trade able already in exchange, knowing that you can encounter errors along the way and this could result in a loss for investors?

One of the coin that is already trading in exchange even though it's on testnet is
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/idena

Sorry for late in including in my thread

Something that is there for test and most likely have bugs cant be traded for real value since have no value?   I dont know much of that exact token, but any exchange that lets trade those coins is doing it very wrong.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 08:59:20 PM

I have seen many such coins for example Tron or QuarkChain started as an ERC-20 tokens while the coin was only in a testing phase. After mainnet they swapped all ERC-20 tokens and it continued work, so I do not see any problem regarding this.  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 09:03:32 PM

Test net coins are those coins whose platform are still in trial period so we can say that it's not bug-free and there is still a lot of error that should be fixed, Do you think testnet coins should be trade able already in exchange, knowing that you can encounter errors along the way and this could result in a loss for investors?

One of the coin that is already trading in exchange even though it's on testnet is
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/idena

Sorry for late in including in my thread

As you have stated yourself that these coins are basically in trial period and are expected to have errors and bugs so i do not know why would there be a need for such coins to be listed or traded. We all know that initially projects launch their erc20 token which is fine and after the development of their own blockchain and testing it and finally coming up with stable mainnet only then they swap erc to their own coin and i think that is exactly the time to list their coin after complete testing and making them bug free.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ZincUnrated

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

I don't think that's a good idea. It is as good as a waste and would only cost the project unnecessary funds for listing a token that would finally be phased out. It isn't ideal and I don't think any project will be looking to do that. Also, these test net tokens wouldn't have the full functionality of the real one and therefore wouldn't be ideal
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 09:13:21 PM

So long as there is a 1:1 coinswap with mainnet, then I think that's fine.

However, I can imagine some projects could easily pull off some tricks by allowing their testnet coins to be tradeable.

For instance they could force a token split at a later date, thereby expanding or contracting their market cap at a later date to their advantage. They could also launch the mainnet and essentially render testnet coins worthless at any moment, particularly if they don't offer a swap or anything.

That said, for genuine projects it really isn't a problem—though the potential for abuse is there.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 10:51:00 PM

It won't be cool if testnet tokens are trading. That would mean in some sense that there is no seriousness in what you are doing because you are still testing your platform and want to launch them on exchanhe. Its not right
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 10:55:01 PM

If a testnet coin has some value there is something wrong with the project, How could the CEO allow it? It will surely damage the project's reputation. Unless they are a scam from the start and want to get more money as possible. That "idena" you have mentioned if it is really a testnet coin, it is very suspicious be careful in dealing with that project. I am just curious where did you find the details about idena is trading their testnet coins?
I have read a blog about them they already have their mainnet but it is still on experimental stage which is confusing, mainnet but experimental? they should have done that on testnet before.

source: https://medium.com/idena/may-30-2020-idena-validation-incident-report-e1c8ebd56ded
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 11:24:58 PM

It won't be cool if testnet tokens are trading. That would mean in some sense that there is no seriousness in what you are doing because you are still testing your platform and want to launch them on exchanhe. Its not right
I think it depends on the policy of the coin developer, when they want to have a trading volume from a very high tesnet then they can directly register at the exchange with all the concepts and networks ready, or it can be done on a small scale without using a place big exchange.

STUDENTCOIN