Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:36:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Litecoin  (Read 288 times)
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 11:55:26 PM

If you copy the bitcoin and make some changes and released as a silver coin for fun and if Charlie was able to make millions and he wanted to cash out those millions who is to be blamed. The people who trusted and thought it would be great to have a coin with higher number of coins but exactly the replica of bitcoin with minor changes and call it silver Tongue.
That also applies to bitcoin, the cryptocurrency is only about mere speculation, if the speculation disappears then I'm sure the price of bitcoin can be like the price of LTC now.
I think the variation of coins is very good, making us have many choices.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 05:08:39 AM

-snip-

Then the graph explains itself the performance of litecoin since last year. It is being left behind now, though I can still this coin using by some gambling sites. But this graph showed investors lost interest on this coin already. Few months, I had some litecoins but decided to sell those already as I can't see any improvements at all.
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 05:16:05 AM

First, let me say I'm a huge fan of litecoin.

What is everyone's opinion of it and its current state (development, community, future, other)? I'd like to expand my point of view to include other great thoughts and to stop just being a litecoin fanboy because I don't know any better.

Litecoin is one of the coins that's always in my portfolio and it gave me pretty sweet profit especially when the price went above .015 BTC back in 2019 but lately there's not much of action in the coin.

Litecoin is still a fast transacting coin with lower fees. But litecoin surely is on the downtrend, firstly it went out of the Top 5 coin by marketcap and now struggling in Top 10. The reason for it is quite clear as the founder of the coin has sold most of his holding and is not actively involved in the non-existence development of the coin. They have no roadmap ahead and would not last long in the competitive market.

Well, I quite agree with you. With no new commits and community getting smaller and smaller I don't think LTC is going to last very long in the top 10 positions.
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2020, 06:25:15 PM

Despite CL is no longer in the development. I still think that it's a good coin after all. I don't think others will agree to me but there's just something with Litecoin that can't be removed and that's the community that has been built overtime. It's the reason why it's still standing and it will stay there as long as its community is uniting.

I feel similarly. As others have pointed out the lack of a clear roadmap is a bit disheartening. Otherwise I've always liked what it brought to the table
The same as me. As long as it's still a good coin and there's high liquidity on it, we can't stop people to buy Litecoin and it will always be the way it is whether CL is gone or is still there. Btw, Litecoin's up as of this time.

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 06:27:01 PM

Litecoin had its position in a times when Bitcoin´s network was overloaded or as a "testnet" for Bitcoin. But lets think about the future, why you would use Litecoin when Bitcoin has Lightning Network?  Wink

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 08:17:05 PM

First, let me say I'm a huge fan of litecoin.

What is everyone's opinion of it and its current state (development, community, future, other)? I'd like to expand my point of view to include other great thoughts and to stop just being a litecoin fanboy because I don't know any better.
Litecoin was created as an alternative for Bitcoin, but it doesn't seem to be owning up to that. It's faster than Bitcoin when it comes to transactions, but despite that, people still prefer to make use of bitcoin and Ethereum when they are making transactions. I don't know for you guys, but Bitcoin and Ethereum have been at the top for people in this community, mostly Bitcoin and I hardly see people that make use of Ethereum not to talk of any other altcoin.

Litecoin is still good, it is true that nothing much been happening for it, but it's the third most popular coin on Coinbase which shows that people still have hope in it. I believe people will keep on investing with litecoin as well for diversification reason at least. So, litecoin will stay with us forever for sure.
rawdog11 (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 01:01:32 AM

Litecoin had its position in a times when Bitcoin´s network was overloaded or as a "testnet" for Bitcoin. But lets think about the future, why you would use Litecoin when Bitcoin has Lightning Network?  Wink

I think it can still fill that role, but as others have pointed out its development and such is kind of at a halt.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: