Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for partners, creative writers, members who know a lot about Ethereum.  (Read 650 times)
EthereumTalk.Net (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 12:31:04 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2020, 03:36:19 PM by EthereumTalk.Net
Merited by bitmover (1), amishmanish (1)

i closed down this project because its not one for me.

That's unfortunate, can you give us reasons why you are closing it down, you have a good domain and you are targeting a good projects that will soon become a top cryptocurrency I'm not saying that you should continue, but what made you decide it's not for you, in the first place what made you decide to put up this project.

My knowledge of coding is limited I got everything set up and thought there was no bugs, turns out no one could get past the profile bit. I'm a big fan of bitcointalk (i also have tallkbitcoin.net and talkbitcoins.net) and how far they have come, I remember when it first open a lot of people flooded the forums.

A successful project always requires countless hours of hard working, study, etc.
If you think it is not for you, that you don't have the natural aptitude for it, it is best to move on.

I can put in hours but is it really worth it. is it my time. do I carry on with it even if my life a flop (that's what it feels like in my head).

That's unfortunate, can you give us reasons why you are closing it down, you have a good domain

I agree, this is certainly a good domain name. I don't follow ethereum dev community and I don't know where they hang out, but I don't know any big ethereum forum. Reddit maybe? official ethereum.org is mostly desert.

Depression and when I saw the domain I had to buy it being a long time lurker on bitcointalk but never registered just learnt a lot from reading on here.

That was a quick one. By the way, the domain name is pretty slick. There isn't another ethereumtalk that comes up in google search. For that matter, this too doesn't come up yet on the first page. I thought something more along the lines of this forum for ethereum was a good idea. Especially if someone can get the original people onboard for it.

Would you care to take some time to share what prompted you to go for it and then drop it. These are often learning experiences and I personally would love to learn from yours. I know it can be difficult to sustain side projects if you have other occupations. A first hand experience on what difficulties you faced in terms of lack of time, money or knowledge to build this.

Hope, Hype, and just motivation comes in but I get to a point then... I just flop. Because I really have no support (that what it feels like) and lack of knowledge. I don't really do anything with my time I have no structure to daily bases I suffer with several mental health problems but i'm trying. Also the data if I was to create something long term I want to be sure everyone is safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 04:25:26 AM

Hope, Hype, and just motivation comes in but I get to a point then... I just flop.
Story of my life..LOL..I am sure a lot of people go through this before they find something they can be proud of.

Because I really have no support (that what it feels like) and lack of knowledge.
Right. Even I have been trying to get enough knowledge to build something. There are no shortcuts to it. You HAVE to start with the nitty-gritty. For example, At work, I have to learn about a communication protocol used in transportation. It involves revising the basics on OSI model to the programming tools used for configuring the system. To get an actual system working, you have to break it down into goals. I have been trying this approach and it works. Smaller goals and milestones. You can still make the website work. If not now, maybe later. MyBB has a community themselves. You can find answers there. Keep it in the backburner for a while till you feel like going to it again. Good luck for your next project. Just pick something, you'll find it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: