Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:32:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the token of an ICO be purchased outside the Exchange?  (Read 721 times)
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 08:09:08 AM

Can the token of an ICO be purchased outside the Exchange (before its launch), that is, purchased on any website of the cryptocurrency itself or a website made exclusively for the sale of these tokens?
ICO means initial coin offering, to get your hand on a ICO token you have to join the ICO sales on the projects website, you can't buy outside the website, not until the team make the token available on external exchanges

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

You can only buy from their website if they are still in the ICO stage. Or you can go to the exchange and buy it as if they are listed at the exchange. There is also a way that OTC trading, but it will be very dangerous and you will probably encounter a lot of scammer

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 09:49:45 AM

It's depend but basically sometime there always an OTC trade between project and private/big investor, If that project have an bounty campaign and they already distribute it before launch it i think yes, Try some dex exchange in case Forkdelta for ERC-20 Based project. It's depends on the project but most of all project so far i think it can if have scheme like i said above.
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1232
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 10:15:49 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 10:52:40 AM by DabsPoorVersion

Can the token of an ICO be purchased outside the Exchange (before its launch), that is, purchased on any website of the cryptocurrency itself or a website made exclusively for the sale of these tokens?
No, during ICO, you can only purchase their token during the set time and date of the project.

During that time, there is no other place to buy tokens until the end of that ICO or even before it was launched. No other website unless it is part of the project.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

ROB18

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:45:23 PM

You can buy the tokens at a IEO. If you are asking about if you can buy tokens for cheaper than the IEO price then it's a possibility i guess. But of course. It can only happen P2P. But for me, If that happens, It's more likely that investor is regretting buying those coins because he feels like it's going no where or he's a scammer.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 07:02:23 PM

You can only buy from their website if they are still in the ICO stage. Or you can go to the exchange and buy it as if they are listed at the exchange. There is also a way that OTC trading, but it will be very dangerous and you will probably encounter a lot of scammer
The most important thing is that the site has been officially registered by the organizer that they are indeed working together. or usually we can buy on the black market but do have to make a safe transaction using Escrow. usually the prices they offer can be cheaper

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
witbla

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:47:38 PM

Good afternoon everyone. What makes much sense these days - the practical value and mass adoption every solution brings. Thus, from my point of view, only most advanced solutions are in demand and people are more careful in choosing solutions with real value. And my latest discovery, Centric Foundation, looks rather bold with great opportunities being brought onto the market
hwteeer

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:48:18 PM

Good afternoon everyone. What makes much sense these days - the practical value and mass adoption every solution brings. Thus, from my point of view, only most advanced solutions are in demand and people are more careful in choosing solutions with real value. And my latest discovery, Centric Foundation, looks rather bold with great opportunities being brought onto the market

Hey. I share your views 100% and indeed such an approach matters. At least talking about me, I am not only following the ratings, but conducting own researches, while choosing the most attractive solutions
witbla

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:50:18 PM

Hey. I share your views 100% and indeed such an approach matters. At least talking about me, I am not only following the ratings, but conducting own researches, while choosing the most attractive solutions

And are you having many advanced ones in mind? Cause I would say that I have 3 as a maximum. I mean the most advanced ones
hwteeer

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:50:39 PM

And are you having many advanced ones in mind? Cause I would say that I have 3 as a maximum. I mean the most advanced ones

Yes, similarly. And as for Centric Foundation you've outlined, what the guys are staying for? Cause to be honest, name sounds
witbla

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:50:58 PM

Yes, similarly. And as for Centric Foundation you've outlined, what the guys are staying for? Cause to be honest, name sounds

Basically, Centric is a web 3.0-based payment network composed of two digital tokens that promote stability, incentivize structure for early adopters, and safely store value. The exchange between the two tokens is governed by a decentralized smart contract and a self-regulating protocol. But of course, guys have more to offer, so you should have a closer look, Google guys
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:51:47 PM

ICO - Initial Coin Offering
IEO - Initial exchange offering

Both are different things and highly believe that you are asking about IEO since you do mention about buying tokens on an exchange.
If you do let yourself get involved with IEO then theres no other option to buy hp those tokens but via the platform itself and its totally opposite when we do talk about
ICO where you can buy off tokens directly from the owners itself after you do pay off a certain amount that you invested but just a piece of advise where
when it comes to security then IEO would be a best choice since once it do succeed it is already listed on an exchange.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 03:49:15 AM

You can buy the tokens at a IEO. If you are asking about if you can buy tokens for cheaper than the IEO price then it's a possibility i guess. But of course. It can only happen P2P. But for me, If that happens, It's more likely that investor is regretting buying those coins because he feels like it's going no where or he's a scammer.
It's not only from IEO but it can be purchased through its own site and when it has been creating a cooperation with 3rd to ran its crowdsale and it can be purchased from there too. that depends on developer and the team whether they wanna try to open a lot of door to purchase the token.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 04:01:11 AM

ICO can only be bought on their site while you can buy IEO on the exchange, if they don't have an IEO then you can't buy it on the exchange. I also remind you to never buy any coins in telegrams because most of telegrams are scammers
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 04:12:40 AM

If a project has a pre-sale event than you can surely buy coins before it launches. I don't recommend buying any coin using any other method before launch because you can either get scammed or might have to pay a higher price.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:36:27 AM

there are also other option like one of the bounty participants sell it to you or one of the team that have the supply already can sold it and you can buy direct to them if the owner allowed that transactions.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2020, 07:59:37 AM

Actually you have a small wrong in your question.ICO coins are not available in exchanges and ICO means Initial Coin Offering.To buy ICO coin you have to use own website from the project.

Again IEO coins are available to buy from an exchange where it is launched.And IEO means Initial
Exchange Offering which is not available to buy outside of exchange before launch.
So hope now you got proper answer regarding your question about ICO.

Sometimes the team conducts both ICO and IEO. Such an example is the Cartesi project, which at the first stage conducted its ICO and bounty program on this forum. And after they raised the initial capital, they held an IPO on the Binance exchange.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 08:09:19 AM

No.
Running an ICO means that this is only exclusive inside their website and was organized by the team itself. This event were being done privately to avoid any issues or difficulties, investors have their own account to where their token's bought can be seen privately. So, purchasing an ICO token outside the exchange is impossible and never happen even before.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 08:18:03 AM

Many things happened during the era of ICOs and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually took place, but to the best of my knowledge, ICO is different from IEO where ICO takes place on the website of the project. Nowadays, since IEO is the order of the day, all buying of tokens takes place on the exchange alone unless they will host a private sell first, then move to exchange to finish up but in all cases, once IEO starts no more token will be sold except on the exchange.

havoc928

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 08:18:48 AM

No.
Running an ICO means that this is only exclusive inside their website and was organized by the team itself. This event were being done privately to avoid any issues or difficulties, investors have their own account to where their token's bought can be seen privately. So, purchasing an ICO token outside the exchange is impossible and never happen even before.
Accurate! You can only purchase ICO on the Exchange that the project is listed and accompanied by. However, personally, I think ICO projects are not as profitable and valuable to invest right now. Furthermore, investing in ICO projects contains a great risk of being scammed. It has been happening many and many times in this market.  

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (   About us   Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: