Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:38:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain bit coin balance not updated with debit card payment (after 24 hours)  (Read 555 times)
freeflyer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 05:29:48 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

I've only bought bit coin a few times using a Bitcoin ATM machine, I bought it with cash using my Blockchain account.

However, this time I bought bitcoin using my debit card (visa) with the web version of my Blockchain account.

It shows "Buy Completed" on the bitcoin dashboard and if I click on the 'View details' of the transaction it shows "Trade complete", but my Bitcoin balance still shows 0.00 BTC

I did notice the BTC balance flicker a few times last night but it always went back to zero.

I also found that the Blockchain app on my iPhone does not show this transaction and its balance is also zero (same account).

I checked my bank which the debit card is registered to and there is a pending transaction for the transaction to buy these bitcoins.

When I used the ATM machine I experienced having to wait for the transaction to be confirmed, but for this debit card transaction there is no mention of confirmation, it just states "Buy Completed" and "Trade complete".

I received an email from notify@wallet-tx.blockchain.com saying...

"THANK YOU
Your BTC is Now Available
Hi there,
Thanks for placing your order. We've received your funds and are happy to confirm you now have xxxxxxx BTC available in your Wallet."

So why isn't my BTC balance showing these bit coins which I bought 24 hours ago ?  And why hasn't the app on my phone got any record of the transaction ?

I have very little experience with Bitcoin so I'm worried about loosing money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 11:59:05 PM

Contact blockchain.com here: https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000190032

I think they should know better than random people on a discussion forum why coins you have bought aren't showing up.

Signature space available for rent.
freeflyer (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 11:25:58 AM

Thanks malevolent

I've raised a support ticket, I was just wondering if there is something I didnt understand or did wrong as I dont have much experience with buying bitcoin and only used the ATM machine a few times whereas this time I used a debit card.

Do you know how long it usually takes to get a response from a support ticket (I've only had a confirmation email saying the ticket has been raised) ?

I didnt put any information in the support ticket such as my wallet account or transaction ID, won't they need some kind of information to resolve the issue and if so what information should and shouldnt I give them ?  They mentioned providing screenshots so if they request this do I need to blank out the wallet account and transaction ID ?

I assume Blockchain is all legit etc so if all else fails would I be able to ask my bank provider to claim the money back ?

The biggest worry I have is loosing the money, is there a risk this could happen and if so what can I do about it ?
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 05:52:42 PM

I've raised a support ticket, I was just wondering if there is something I didnt understand or did wrong as I dont have much experience with buying bitcoin and only used the ATM machine a few times whereas this time I used a debit card.
Buying via Debit/Credit card should be instant since they gave you a success/complete message regarding your order eventually, maybe its just server error? And should be resolved soon, although blockchain.com always adds more features on their wallet/service instead of fixing its bugs.

Do you know how long it usually takes to get a response from a support ticket (I've only had a confirmation email saying the ticket has been raised) ?

I didnt put any information in the support ticket such as my wallet account or transaction ID, won't they need some kind of information to resolve the issue and if so what information should and shouldnt I give them ?  They mentioned providing screenshots so if they request this do I need to blank out the wallet account and transaction ID ?

You can wait at least 3 business days since its weekends assuming they have limited hours to work at weekends, considering most employees work at home.

You should at least include necessary details such as the reference/transaction no. of your order for them to know your issue.
freeflyer (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 06:35:58 PM

thanks bL4nkcode, I've replied to the support ticket email and provided the transaction ID

I just hope it gets sorted as dont want to loose this money, I was under the impression that Blockchain was legit ?

I did a search for my transaction ID on https://www.blockchain.com/explorer and worryingly it says...

Oops! We couldn’t find what you are looking for.
Please enter an address, transaction hash, block height or hash
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 06:46:50 PM

I did a search for my transaction ID on https://www.blockchain.com/explorer and worryingly it says...

Oops! We couldn’t find what you are looking for.
Please enter an address, transaction hash, block height or hash

If you're referring to the transaction no.on your bitcoin purchase on blockchain.com using debit card, probably you will get that error since that transaction isn't related to Bitcoin Block Chain.
It's only save on blockchain.com server and/or on the payment gateway for debit/credit card.
freeflyer (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 07:27:09 PM

Just an update - the bitcoins finally appeared in my wallet yesterday.  Not sure what the issue was but relieved its sorted
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: