Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Designing a futureproof, wide-adoption Bitcoin logo.  (Read 496 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 10:44:33 AM

Bitcoin's current logos are already great, there's no need to fix what isn't broken. I never saw anyone complain about them. Maybe some people will use the logo you designed for some purposes, tough generally it's rare to see any sort of non-standard logos, since they are meant to be recognizable.

Also, how can you make a futureproof logo? You can't know what design styles will be popular in the future, maybe the current logo is already future proof?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 10:59:24 AM

The Bitcoin logo you presented is quite good. It matches with all the different companies that have updated their current logo like Dunkin Donuts, Uber, Mail Chimp, Toys R Us, etc. It's a little bit too late though, most of them happened 2018 [1]. But no matter, it's still the same.

Logos are essential to the people just because it immediately recognizes what it is, and Bitcoin's logo is okay. I think you are free to use any logo you want as long as it's Bitcoin, right? What matters is that it's accessible and is supported by people all around the world.

[1] - https://www.superside.com/blog/brand-redesign

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptographyKid (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 01:01:21 PM

I cant find big difirencec between default logo and this one. Why we should use your picture?

Because he wants to see himself as the "designer". It's something as trivial as color but it makes it his design and he can add Bitcoin logo to his portfolio, even though hich "change" could have been done in mspaint by a 10 year old. Usually if we change something it's meant to bring some benefits but is there really an improvement here? OP said it's going to look more modern. Really? You can use any background you want with the BTC sign without having to tag it with your name.

Never though of it this way, just wanted to help the community.
I though simplification would not make BTC look confusing to the average user at first sight.
Something "friendly".
It was just an experiment tweaking the bitboy design - I said it's not a big difference.
2020 was a year with plenty of economic change - why not USE THAT?
but if my logo is unwelcome in the eyes of the community - I'm fine with that.
CryptographyKid (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 01:08:45 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2020, 01:42:03 PM by CryptographyKid

Sorry for my opinion,but your logo kinda sucks.The current Bitcoin logo is awesome.Why should we have to change it?
I don't like yellow and light orange,the logo looks too oversimplified and I don't understand why the Bitcoin symbol isn't straight.It seems to me that you don't have enough experience with logo design.What software and tools are you currently using?Keep practicing and you will get better.
This logo isn't "futureproof" or "wide-adoption".You can't boost the adoption of Bitcoin by simply changing the Bitcoin logo. Grin

I insist it could.
the bitcoin impression at first sight is just not what existing payment systems give you.
it's just not friendly enough to the rest of the world.
also - what does the software has to do with it?
is it because I mentioned I'm a zoomer  Embarrassed ?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: