Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:36:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: desperate situation  (Read 2701 times)
cesahr (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:31:29 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 11:20:11 PM by malevolent

Dear Community

I heard about Bitcoin in december and I noticed that it is possible to earn some money with altcoin-mining.

I am living with my mother together, who is working the whole day as a cleaning lady in a hotel to pay our bills and the university fee for me. She raised me alone and teached me that a school education is very important. She try to give me the opportunity which she didnt have.

So I am learning at university und working half-day to support her. I try to offer us a better life after my university degree.

I told everything my mother about bitcoin and that after 4 months the investment is paid back . She trusted me and decided to invest her whole savings (about 2000$) for this project.
I ordered in january the mining equipment which arrived at february.

In the first weeks I was earning some money. But after the Mt Gox scandal and the Dogecoin-halving i am losing money. The electricity bill is higher than my earnings.

The point is, I can't tell the truth my mom because she is too sensitive about such things. She was so glad about to hear that we get some extra earns.
My plan is now to wait until the profit-time comes back and pay her monthly with other money out.

I am desperate and don't know what to do now.
I decided to write this down and hope to get some help.

It would be lovely to lend me some BTC (which you DON'T(!) need at the moment) until the mining times get better.
I will pay back my debt every month back with all 100% from my earnings.

BTC Wallet: removed

Yours sincerely Cesahr.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:36:36 PM

Sucks to be you. Man up and tell your mom you lost her life savings. Remember the old advice: don't invest more than you can afford to lose. Bitcoin mining is always going to be a losing game in the long run, it was stupid of you to dump so much money into that. Go get another job and pay your mother back what you owe her.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:04:05 PM

Frankly parts of the story really don't add up, and I don't say this to be rude:

• You state that you are no longer making a profit because of the market being in a slump and it costs more in electricity than you mine.  Now there are some issues with this statement.  First off, you took a $2,000 loan expecting to be able to pay it back in four months.  If the market becoming roughly 50% less profitable is enough to cause you to no longer profit from mining, your profit margins due to power costs must have been rather thin.  Now running on thin profit margins is fine, but it wouldn't add up to being able to payback that loan within four months.

I imagine you built a GPU mining rig?  What hardware? 
cesahr (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:35:48 PM

Peter Lambert:
Yes I know now it was stupid but it looked so profitable the months before I started. Additionally I thought the Bitcoin thing is more and more growing. Of course I am searching a new job and looking for other things to get money. I know that I don't get my problem solved just because I am begging here like a dog. I think it doesn't hurt to ask.

GBattaglia:
1400€ investment. In the time of december-january I could do about 400€/month with 2100 KH/s.

My hardware:
3x Radeon R9 280X
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200W  (with the plan to add a fourth R9 280X in the next months)
MSI 990FXA-GD65
AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
500gb HDD
4gb ram

I chose most of the equipment to have a silent computer because the miner stays in my bedroom.
cesahr (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:20:23 AM

I could pay 7-10% interest, if anyone want.  Undecided
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:26:53 AM

I could pay 7-10% interest, if anyone want.  Undecided

Without some sort of collateral this is too risky no matter the interest rate.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:05:29 AM

Sell off your hardware
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:31:58 AM

My hardware:
3x Radeon R9 280X

I chose most of the equipment to have a silent computer because the miner stays in my bedroom.

I find this to be a big hole in your story.  The R9 280X sounds like a jet engine under full load.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:13:34 AM

My hardware:
3x Radeon R9 280X

I find this to be a big hole in your story.  The R9 280X sounds like a jet engine under full load.

Using a CPU cooler in a mining rig to make it quieter is also a pretty big hole.
cesahr (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:46:03 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 01:35:15 PM by malevolent

I don't know why everybody is searching for a hole in my story.
But I have a need to set it right.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140322/temp/emd32ww8.jpg

Vod:
I am no computer expert. Before my research about how to build a mining computer, I did nothing know about hardware.
Maybe I have done a bad research, but the MSI gpus are the most silent on the market I thought.

GBattaglia:
With no CPU cooler, the CPU is going too hot I think.
ledmaniak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:50:29 PM

With that hardware you should be able to rent it or mine some new alt coins and make a quick buck.

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:57:25 PM

Mine the new and booming altcoins. Bt the way did you said you have amd r9 as collateral Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: