Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:03:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Client-side end-to-end encrypted file upload website  (Read 349 times)
Dwynr (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 06:26:43 PM

https://filen.io/

The main reason why I created this is that I found no file-sharing platform that offers fully end-to-end encrypted file sharing without having to sacrifice your privacy. Most of them have a really low limit, tons of ads, trackers or need your email address to send you the uploaded file's link. Filen was born.

How does it work?

When you upload a file to Filen's cloud storage, you actually don't upload a file, you upload chunks of encrypted text. Before you initiate an upload, your browser chunks your file into 1 MB pieces, encrypts them using AES encryption and then sends the encrypted string to our servers. That way the actual file never leaves your computer. When downloading a file your browser requests all chunks of the file from Filen's servers, decrypts them using the decryption key and then rebuilds the whole file again. This way you can be sure that your file is always secure and not readable by anyone unless they have the decryption key. Not even Filen knows what you have uploaded.

You can use Filen completely anonymous, but if you want to manage your uploads (history, delete, get links again etc.) you can create an account.

I respect user privacy and don't use Google Analytics or any other trackers.

Filen will only work with JavaScript enabled (obviously) and on the latest Browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Opera (Safari not tested). Expect a few bugs here and there since this is a public beta. I will constantly update the site.

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post them here! Have a nice day Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: