Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:40:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending 130$ , with a transaction fee of million !  (Read 745 times)
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 03:03:48 PM

I hope that the owner of the money will be asked for a "buyout" - because to be so stupid is simply inexcusable so that he will pay the tax on stupidity.
If you got so much money and don't look at the numbers you're typing in it means you're not very smart. I hope this case will teach him something.
Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 03:11:26 PM

Owning a lot of money will also require us to be knowledgeable or be very careful when it comes to transacting online.
We know crypto is different from traditional banking, it's decentralized and transactions are irreversible.

I guess for a person to make this costly mistake if there is, he might be drunk or something.

I hope that the owner of the money will be asked for a "buyout" - because to be so stupid is simply inexcusable so that he will pay the tax on stupidity.
If you got so much money and don't look at the numbers you're typing in it means you're not very smart.

I hope this case will teach him something.

That's for sure, losing millions of money for a simple mistake is something one cannot easily forget.

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 03:37:26 PM

It's pretty weird how this transaction was made in the first place. i mean some wallets would actually let you know that you are paying necessarily high fee for a transaction. I think this is part of the reason why the fees for making eth transactions have increased lately.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 03:50:53 PM

Obviously, he knows what he is doing.
You don't f*ck things up like that even when you are drunk.

Is it really for good will or is it just another man who is seeking attention.
That happens when you are rich for a long time.  Grin
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 04:01:42 PM

Obviously, he knows what he is doing.
You don't f*ck things up like that even when you are drunk.

Is it really for good will or is it just another man who is seeking attention.
That happens when you are rich for a long time.  Grin

There are so many speculations about this, there is another similar transactions like this and it happen days apart, people say there is a compromise another one said it was intentional because it's coming from a hacked account, honestly it's hard to understand how this things happen because the funds is outrageously high, and there's no explanation yet, and we cannot trace who did it.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 05:52:24 PM

I think this is a trick to get attention. Because in order to have such a huge fortune (over $ 2 million), every transaction needs to be very careful and carefully checked, so that confusion is not possible. Therefore, I still think this is just a way to draw attention to crypto
Of course, with this kind of mistakes and as blockchain is transparent, sooner or later it will draw some attention. But I doubt that it was done by mistakes, this is very shady and the only reason that this individual did this is to hide something and colluding or conspiring with the miners with his illegal wealth here. Very intelligent move, but sorry everything is being seen in blockchain.

I think it will draw some attention but some might see this in a negative way. Like for example, if they somehow did make this kind of mistake, then there's no turning back. You just wasted your money and there's no authority that could help you since transactions are irreversible like for example, Bitcoin.

Also with this kind of shady move, people will more likely to stereotype cryptocurrency as illegal. We don't really know if this was intentional or not but one thing is certain, hit is a pretty stupid thing to do, even if it's intentionally trying to launder money or not.

Baoanhbmt

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 03:40:08 AM

That's a huge mistake, like all of us here I also wonder what kind of wallet he is using for him not to notice that he is using a very huge fee for a very small amount.  How can someone do that? Does he want to be a part of some dark history of Etherium?
Therefore be careful before making a transaction, because most people do not check before making a transaction. Such as wallet address,
number of coins, and transaction fees. These three things must be considered, because many people make mistakes in all three of these
things
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 01:26:23 PM

Owning a lot of money will also require us to be knowledgeable or be very careful when it comes to transacting online.
We know crypto is different from traditional banking, it's decentralized and transactions are irreversible.

I guess for a person to make this costly mistake if there is, he might be drunk or something.

If you got so much money and don't look at the numbers you're typing in it means you're not very smart.

I hope this case will teach him something.

That's for sure, losing millions of money for a simple mistake is something one cannot easily forget.

There are rumors that it was still not a mistake and the story is related to extortion and fraud - it was not a single transaction and in General it all looks very strange and stupid... Apparently, the case here is not as simple as it seemed initially.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 02:24:46 PM

this will be a big problem for Etherum, if they don't fix this problem, chances are the ethereum platform will be increasingly avoided,
Fee is very expensive and the community is disappointed

amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 02:27:07 PM

I suspect this should be a miner giveaway.. cause i dont see how such mistake could happen.. when you're transferring your funds via metamask or mew the gas fee is set automatically or else the user choose to increase or decrease the amount of transaction fee.. but if this is a mistake.. I only pray he/she dont end up committing suicide
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 04:25:06 PM

this will be a big problem for Etherum, if they don't fix this problem, chances are the ethereum platform will be increasingly avoided,
Fee is very expensive and the community is disappointed
I think that people are already starting to constantly avoid this blockchain. I know a lot of people creating their projects and none of them even think of using the Ethereum blockchain. everyone wants fast and cheap transactions

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
thanhloancvn

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 04:30:19 PM

Perhaps it was an act of money laundering or charity. Because the mining fee belongs to only 2 groups of miners
omone1

Activity: 845
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 04:41:30 PM

In all my ethereum transactions ranging from tens of dollars to thousands of dollars, I have never being charged as high as $50, as a suggested fee, the highest I think I have been charged should be $35 on Metamask trying to trade on a new project platform. I declined it however and would later have to set my preferred fee. What happened to this person is either an error or he didn't check well. I can't say it's a deliberate action.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: