Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 10:43:21 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The importance of using different emails for your crypto related activity  (Read 637 times)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 3869

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 03:10:29 AM

I assume that all the email addresses of bounty hunters who participated in the bounty on this forum are already available in such databases of scammers.
Not necessarily scammers, but online advertisers in general(though more of both).

Therefore, the only correct solution is not to click on links from emails that you received to this address.
That, and don't use your personal emails when collecting bounties and/or airdrops. It's not like creating a new email is expensive anyway. Though it's quite a hassle shuffling through multiple emails, it's a great sacrifice in exchange for privacy.

Curated Crypto Airdrop Database
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 09:49:20 AM

That, and don't use your personal emails when collecting bounties and/or airdrops. It's not like creating a new email is expensive anyway. Though it's quite a hassle shuffling through multiple emails, it's a great sacrifice in exchange for privacy.

Usually you can use delimiter for the same main mail address to create sub addresses.
I have my own mail server running, where i can use either + or - to create sub addresses.

I know that googlemail also offers that, not sure about other free mail provider tho.

So with a mail address like mail@googlemail.com, you can receive mails to mail+scam1@googlemail.com, mail+scam2@googlemail.com, etc..

With that, you can only use one mail address (postbox) for multiple mail addresses. If you'll get a scam/phishing mail, to such a sub address, you'll know who shared/sold your mail address.

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1773

To the moon

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 10:54:10 AM

I assume that all the email addresses of bounty hunters who participated in the bounty on this forum are already available in such databases of scammers.
Not necessarily scammers, but online advertisers in general(though more of both).

Creating such online databases is a violation of the privacy of cryptocurrency market participants. Therefore, the collection, storage and use of personal data is a crime. In addition, if your email address has ever been included in such a database, it will be duplicated in others. And that is why you can not use your main email address when participating in various cryptocurrency projects.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 3869

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 02:03:57 PM

Usually you can use delimiter for the same main mail address to create sub addresses.
I have my own mail server running, where i can use either + or - to create sub addresses.

I know that googlemail also offers that, not sure about other free mail provider tho.

So with a mail address like mail@googlemail.com, you can receive mails to mail+scam1@googlemail.com, mail+scam2@googlemail.com, etc..

With that, you can only use one mail address (postbox) for multiple mail addresses. If you'll get a scam/phishing mail, to such a sub address, you'll know who shared/sold your mail address.

That can definitely work too. I personally just pay for email address aliasing features for the extra convenience and organization(along with the privacy advantages of having multiple email addresses). It's pretty much just €1 per month on Tutanota anyway, a very very small price to pay for extra convenience and extra privacy in my opinion.

Curated Crypto Airdrop Database
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: