Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 04:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartphones aren't spywares attack proof  (Read 1078 times)
chunnu39

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 08:51:52 AM

I always prefer to use ios because of better security. but when we are crypto risk of hacking is always there. it's better to use trusted apps or use hardware wallet if you afford because they are an only secure way to store your assets. or if you are using android don't ROOT your device always update your smartphone software with official firmware. always install apps through play store. don't give unnecessary permissions to apps. these step may reduce the risk of spyware attack to your device
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 09:57:54 AM

Smartphones aren't spywares attack proof

If you plan to buy smartphone you should definitely buy Librem 5 from Purism https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/   It is opensource project made from scratch. Hardware and software. Impossible to have any government or correlational back-doors.
Looking good but I have another more secured smartphone in mind, that's wings mobile, full of security features most especially built for crypto lovers, the first smartphone that has 3FA which is way better than 2FA security
when you have a lot of security on a smartphone it is very good to keep the assets owned on a smartphone but I suggest not to make yourself difficult to access your wallet, at least you make a security key encrypted on your own will be safer because if you use too lots of authentic so when you lose one authentic will make it difficult for you to access your wallet.

this make sense  . i often changed sim card and on one site i cant login anymore because it ask my old phone . same thing can happen to me if its done on the phone  . not just its risky but its also hassel or takes time and effort just to unlock your phone or your apps/wallet  .

3fa is a new thing and although its cool but its a no no for me , maybe other people that are security savy will try it . when it come to phones , i think all brands are the same but its about your sim cards  .
Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 11:54:08 AM

One of the advantages of this forum is that we get to know more about everything. I'm sincerely wowed by this information. I use a fanciful keyboard and love the fact that it reminds me of my previously used words to make my typing experience better. But on going through the information on this thread, I may be shooting myself on the leg, if a keyboard like that is compromised. I've decided never to root my phone again and ensure that I don't keep my cryptocurrency on rooted devices.
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 11:58:20 AM

Rooting your phone is not bad, it opens door to more nice things you can do on your phone, do you know you can get rid of ads with jumping out of nowhere when launching a app or surfing the web? This can only be done on a rooted device, if you are careful with your phone you won't have problem with your crypto wallet

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 12:06:21 PM

Good points but I also would like to add one that also people need to learn to check the authorisation they are giving to the new app. While going through instalation page, there are list of access requests just carefully check that before installing any apps from third party source.
Jancuki

Activity: 789
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 12:26:40 PM

Indeed the risk of leakage, if the smartphone is rooted, is very large, often when I get an incident someone can freely access someone's smartphone that has been rooted, and finally, their data is stolen. And this is very dangerous.
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 12:36:10 PM

You have to unlock your smartphones bootloader before you can be able to root your phone and use custom ROMs and custom recovery boot menu, have you notice the kind of warning you get when trying to unlock?? Something like this

This warning says alot, every security patches that comes with the phone will be deactivated
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:13:31 PM

Everything that you listed is more general, not particular. Now to catch a virus on your PC you need to try very hard. Even the usual Chrome on win will not allow you to download something that may be a virus. Even with pirated content everyone knows the necessary and reliable sites with a long history where a miner in torrent is so rare find

You are 100% correct. Still, keep in mind that people will still tend to download cracks and other shady software and Chrome's "block" is very easy to go around. Some will always think they know better.
Also malware attacking directly the computer if it finds vulnerable/open ports is a reality, don't forget about those. If the OS is weak/unprotected it doesn't matter how safe your browser is.

About the torrent sites.. that's debatable. I remember that most versions of KMSpico download in background a lot of surprises.

But even with all of this - a basic level rules
- don't go to suspicious sites
- do not download from dubious sites
- don't install questionable software
-  have the simplest antivirus
and all this will reduce the probability of catching the infection to the maximum minimum
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:15:05 PM

Maybe the guy doesn't know much about chrome, well chrome can safe you from unsecured download source or websites and apps but sometimes they get through easily, some spyware are in zip or ear file and downloading trough chrome won't stop this, once you extract the zip file the game is on

Well, maybe you don't need to download zip and stuff from all sorts of garbage, hah? When was the last time you searched for something and downloaded it from an unknown site with chrome alerts?
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1032

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2020, 01:40:34 PM

Hardware wallets have no guarantee because they can still be hacked and again you still need to keep your private key off the hardware, these hardware wallet can get damaged too so still backing up your private key is certain
Only if the hacker can access physical hardware wallet, if you want to be safer, do with a passphrase after seed.

Smartphones are spyware tool themselves. So many ways of tracking
Android or IOS?, are we need uninstal all software on phone before use it?,

I always end up formatting my PC hard disk every two to three months because of unknown software that landed on my PC or trojan presence, that's even when I sense their presence on my PC.
it's washing your time backing up your file every three months, you need 2 PC, one for browsing and another one for wallet only.

distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 01:56:25 PM

Well, maybe you don't need to download zip and stuff from all sorts of garbage, hah? When was the last time you searched for something and downloaded it from an unknown site with chrome alerts?
Is not when we do that there will be protection from the web browser and the system on our computer? something foreign will get more attention from the system. we are quite careful in carrying out everything.

Refrumatrix

Activity: 301
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 02:00:11 PM

Root access don't just give full access to unlock the maximum potential of your smartphones but also give some good and bad apps the full access to work I'm your phone, inbuilt Android security are no more activated since you root your phone, I'm 100% against rooting, as good as it is it's also that bad

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 02:42:56 PM

They never were! No electronic devices are spyware proof. All those applications like facebook, twitter, instagram can track you! They collect your location, information, your search result etc and send those data to their servers. So aren't they all spywares?
And about the operating system on rooted devices you are talking about are actually more safe. As far as I know they are all open source. If you are downloading one from a trusted developer, I think you are quite safe.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:46:53 PM

the only truly secure wallet and the one on hardware wallets such as ledger and trezor the various wallets on PCs and smartphones are very comfortable but they are not 100% secure so you can keep above small amounts for fast transfers but our funds must be kept elsewhere
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: