Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are peoples thoughts on the KnCMiner TITAN?  (Read 1027 times)
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

So KnC have sent me an email about the TITAN.
At first i was pretty angry. Because they havent even delivered the Neptunes they promised
Let alone start a new project?
Anybody think the TITAN will be a decent investment? Or should i just give up on KnC until they delivered my Neptunes?

Whatcha think fellas?
hjbuell

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Writer $0.10/word +

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:47:03 PM

If Dominoes sent you a coupon for their new and more delicious pizza, but you hadn't received the one you ordered a week ago, would you spend more money with them on a different pizza?

As my father said, once upon a time when I put another quarter in a Coke machine that didn't give me a Coke for the first quarter, "Son, don't ever put good money on top of bad money."

I lost my second quarter too, and in the end had no Coke.

Being different is all it takes to make a difference. H. J. Buell
Writer from $0.10 per word. https://hjbuell.com
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:08:03 PM

overpriced and risky
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:14:20 PM

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:40:01 PM

I think they need to diversify into a different type of product such as this, because the current round of ASIC mining projects are all rapidly becoming boondoggles as all the manufacturers are struggling to meet power targets even at smaller process nodes. It's becoming near impossible at this point to jam enough hashing power to justify an expensive new purchase within the confines of 1440 watts.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:09:50 AM

Thoughts: Don't care. What are the current estimates for shipping out the first batch of Neptune orders ? Would be nice to think I see my Batch 2 order before June. Otherwise, I should probably consider asking for a refund of ~$10k :|
midyatspor

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:32:58 AM

I will never buy a pre-orde again, I think the sale tactic should be banned, waiting on a Neptune Order, let's see what they have for us but as far as the Titan, I would say do not order.
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:12:54 AM

You'll be lucky to see ROI on this by the time it hits the market.

And rest assured that they will be mining with those prior to shipping, boosting difficulty even more.
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:49:14 AM

You'll be lucky to see ROI on this by the time it hits the market.

And rest assured that they will be mining with those prior to shipping, boosting difficulty even more.
This. Last time I heard they were selling 300GH/s of hashing power, and that's only one ASIC manufacturer. Good luck making your money back.
ASICs ruin profitability of mining for everyone, look at bitcoin difficulty. There is no way you can make a profit, unless you mine and sell your hardware at the right time, before new 10 times more powerful ASICs come out.
MP5KU

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:25:28 AM

100 mh/s?

Seems too good to be true..

Would like to see some evidence that they can even get close to that number.
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:01:44 PM

If Dominoes sent you a coupon for their new and more delicious pizza, but you hadn't received the one you ordered a week ago, would you spend more money with them on a different pizza?

As my father said, once upon a time when I put another quarter in a Coke machine that didn't give me a Coke for the first quarter, "Son, don't ever put good money on top of bad money."

I lost my second quarter too, and in the end had no Coke.

Yeah i think you are probably right. What am i thinking lol
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:03:17 PM

Thoughts: Don't care. What are the current estimates for shipping out the first batch of Neptune orders ? Would be nice to think I see my Batch 2 order before June. Otherwise, I should probably consider asking for a refund of ~$10k :|

I dont think you will get a batch 2 by June, Maybe.
I bought the Batch 1s and they havent even started shipping them yet. I would definately of refunded a batch 2.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: