Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DONT MARRY YOUR ALTCOIN BAGS  (Read 2239 times)
DoubleEdgeEX

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 06:57:42 AM

It´s not only valid advise for altcoins, but for all kinds of investments. Never fall in love with anything you have your money in, no matter how shiny and flashy it might look. You need to see it as what it is, a toolbox with tools that make you money and sometimes you need a hammer and sometimes you need pliers and sometimes you need to replace your tools/assets. That´s why basic education on investments is crucial and needs to be taught in schools early on. Things like the follwing should be common knowledge:
  • Never put all your eggs in one basket
  • Never invest in something you don´t understand
  • Never invest money you can´t afford to lose

Add if you have more
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 07:19:05 AM

Do not be afraid of trying out new things, altcoins for an example, don't just buy and lock them away, always nurse them and see how far the team are willing to go, if you notice any bad sign better sell for another altcoin, the only crypto project worth holding for years without looking back is Bitcoin

TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 11:50:27 PM

I think the best thing is to stick to BTC and ETH they are really the safest coin around but they way i see it is very unlikely that bubble of 2017 occurs again I mean people have really wise up and learned their lesson

Festac

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 07:04:38 AM

It's always a good move if you take profits when your altcoins is surging, a little drop of water is what makes a mighty ocean, do not be too greedy because this won't end up favorable later, you will definitely keep missing out

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 08:21:21 AM

I am pretty sure that most of the people are guilty of just doing that at one point or another, I am definitely not an exception. I am still holding bags of 2017 alts that mooned insanely in the 2017 bull, then they got absolutely reckd in the following bear market. Maybe being emotionally attacked to projects that have hurt me bad (investment wise) over the past bear years makes me a sadist, but if they are going down, I am right there with them.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2020, 08:59:58 AM

preferrably it is the good time to sell altcoins now. The market will later on crash with altcoins and one can buy again. This is what I have been observe during the last few  months in cryptocurrency. However, if you may fail risky on it then good is to stop first investing and wait for the crypto market to crash. There are good times and bad times to buy crypto and one should be patient on it when to buy and to sell.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 01:14:29 PM

It's always a good move if you take profits when your altcoins is surging, a little drop of water is what makes a mighty ocean, do not be too greedy because this won't end up favorable later, you will definitely keep missing out
People must go out when they have been getting decent profit, we should take a look at how the correction is happening with the crypto right now. That means people must aware if the pump is just a temporary and the dump can happen anytime.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2020, 01:20:09 PM

I am pretty sure that most of the people are guilty of just doing that at one point or another, I am definitely not an exception. I am still holding bags of 2017 alts that mooned insanely in the 2017 bull, then they got absolutely reckd in the following bear market. Maybe being emotionally attacked to projects that have hurt me bad (investment wise) over the past bear years makes me a sadist, but if they are going down, I am right there with them.

These coins/tokens are mostly dead. They are having a nominal value, only because there are users like you who continue to hold on to them. But eventually, those who hold these coins are going to dump them, or just ignore them. As time passes by, the trade volume will go down and at a certain point the coin/token will get delisted from the exchanges for lack of activity.
ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2020, 01:22:47 PM

altcoins are great for flipping for more btc but dont every marry a coin. When btc goes on a run past all time highs you dont want to be bagholding ALTS. You will watch them get crushed. I personally was bagholding alts from 4k-20K and they got demolished I even had friends saying man you must be doing well with those bitcoins you have Cheesy In the end alts went nuts and I did well but If I would have waited till BTC topped out I would have made more. So moral of the story there is dont marry a coin/project they and watch your btc shrink get in and get out after you make decent profits. Sure sometimes you can buy an alt an maybe 10x-100x on it bagholding, but there is 1000s of coins out there that wont make those type of gains. Anyway do whats best for you but dont be that guy married to a bag watching btc head to 50-100k or whatever the top might be

Flipping aside, altcoins investment is not a type of investment where you can let your emotions guide or be a guide. It is serious business, having an altcoin bag means you must be firm and ready to pick profits from any altcoin at any point in time, that aside, you must also be ready to buy back the bears of the same coin you have taken profits from. Sort out every emotional issues, before investing in altcoins or crypto currency, you are investing for profits remember.
blckhawk

Activity: 1512
Merit: 332

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 01:40:19 PM

These coins/tokens are mostly dead. They are having a nominal value, only because there are users like you who continue to hold on to them. But eventually, those who hold these coins are going to dump them, or just ignore them. As time passes by, the trade volume will go down and at a certain point the coin/token will get delisted from the exchanges for lack of activity.
Not all the coins though. I must say there are still some coins that is worth to try or to place your investment. These tokens are indeed contain high risk compared to Bitcoin, Eth and more popular coins but this could be only means high amount of rewards is possible.
Upon holding these kind of coins, you must not put much trust on it, if you saw an opportunity to sell then do it, don't hold it much longer because anything can happen in crypto, just like the mistake happened a years ago.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 03:15:44 PM

I personally was bagholding alts from 4k-20K and they got demolished I even had friends saying man you must be doing well with those bitcoins you have
😂 Lol this got me laughing and at the same time it's a lesson. This same thing happened to me when BTC touched 13k+ wayback, I was holding a bulk of alts and expecting to cashout big from them, little did I know that BTC bull run will scatter my hopes. That said, never put more than 50% of your entire portfolio in alts in my opinion, BTC bull run can reduce your alt holdings to garbage. Before I use to attach emotions to my long term altcoin bags, now the reverse is the case. Sell when you have to, don't say I strongly believe in the altcoin blablabla.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 04:49:08 PM

altcoins are great for flipping for more btc but dont every marry a coin. When btc goes on a run past all time highs you dont want to be bagholding ALTS. You will watch them get crushed. I personally was bagholding alts from 4k-20K and they got demolished I even had friends saying man you must be doing well with those bitcoins you have Cheesy In the end alts went nuts and I did well but If I would have waited till BTC topped out I would have made more. So moral of the story there is dont marry a coin/project they and watch your btc shrink get in and get out after you make decent profits. Sure sometimes you can buy an alt an maybe 10x-100x on it bagholding, but there is 1000s of coins out there that wont make those type of gains. Anyway do whats best for you but dont be that guy married to a bag watching btc head to 50-100k or whatever the top might be

Agree, altcoin might be more profitable if we choose the right altcoin but altcoin is also more risky than Bitcoin. I think we should not be tied to a particular altcoin because altcoin prices are more volatile and maybe some can be a long-term investment but it should be given a portion of the investment that is not too much
I think you should be careful when applying long-term investment or trading and make sure you buy altcoin that has the potential to rise, don't let you buy altcoin wrong because it will only make you lose, maybe it could be better if you buy ethereum or bitcoin only in my opinion more valuable and suitable for the long term.

STUDENTCOIN