Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:43:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DONT MARRY YOUR ALTCOIN BAGS  (Read 2239 times)
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 09:30:21 AM

The reason why we invest in coins is to make profits and probably let them go in the end or give up on them, you don't have to hold them for long time, just make profits and let go, this is my own strategy though since I've learned the hard way, got burned too many times

MrMojoRising26 (OP)

Activity: 600
Merit: 729

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 04:43:57 AM

hopefully, people listened to this message 
soetikno

Activity: 809
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 05:30:54 AM

for now, bitcoin prices tend to move upward, but alt also has potential if you choose altcoins that do have potential, for example Ethereum and BNB and Link

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 05:59:35 AM

I remember of a friend who gave up his studies and went all-in on AMP coin (Synereo - if you remember the project). By saying all-in, I don't mean that he invested any money on it but all his time. He worked as a programmer for them and used to earn $300 worth of AMP each month. He did this for at least 3 years, the project did well and he almost became a double millionaire when the spike occurred in markets during 2017 when BTC was $14k and reached $20k. But he kept the coins as it is, didn't sell them when I even advised him to do so and later when the crash happened, the project itself came to an end putting all his work and savings under the grave. So, you need to know when to sell as that's too an important part of trading.
Sad, that was a hard earn money if he only knows when to sell or just convert it to bitcoin and all will do good even if one can't get to the bull run or the ATH because there will be always a good time for bullish bitcoin and it may happen again in a short time or not depending on the market. However, All I know now that market is good and advise to all who hold altcoin is to sell it so it can be a good asset if converted correctly may it be fiat or bitcoin.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 06:06:47 AM

New altcoins are unpredictable, they can be successful today and stop working in a year time this is why I prefer taking profit, it's good to hold coins too but not all coins will have a good future even if it looks like their future is brighter, do not be greedy, take profits and find another project to make profit from

g00gle550

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 04:36:43 PM

No falling in love with altcoins anymore for me!. Before, I was constantly holding all sorts of junk and yes I sometimes got more profit, but in most cases I lost money. Now I flip ICO's, that is, I sell half immediately after the opening of sales, and sell the rest as soon as possible. And I try to keep only top alts, and of course bitcoin. Since then, I sleep better, which is what I wish for you!
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 05:00:45 PM

altcoins are great for flipping for more btc but dont every marry a coin. When btc goes on a run past all time highs you dont want to be bagholding ALTS. You will watch them get crushed. I personally was bagholding alts from 4k-20K and they got demolished I even had friends saying man you must be doing well with those bitcoins you have Cheesy In the end alts went nuts and I did well but If I would have waited till BTC topped out I would have made more. So moral of the story there is dont marry a coin/project they and watch your btc shrink get in and get out after you make decent profits. Sure sometimes you can buy an alt an maybe 10x-100x on it bagholding, but there is 1000s of coins out there that wont make those type of gains. Anyway do whats best for you but dont be that guy married to a bag watching btc head to 50-100k or whatever the top might be

indeed, just sell it when hit a good price
for me, the point why i collecting altcoins is because i want to increase my bitcoin amount, and by holding the right altcoins i can collect more bitcoin buddy

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 05:11:29 PM

Grin Grin Grin
YOU Sound funny and you must be a funny guy. your friends must be happy to have you around. i am certain that every trader and investor in the crypto space have this experince most time and there is no way we can deny it. No matter what altcoin you hold, you have to sell out because there are other new coins that will supersede whatever you are holding. BTC remains the number one to hold.

MrMojoRising26 (OP)

Activity: 600
Merit: 729

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 06:04:38 PM

although I expect btc to be pulling back soon and alt coins to go nuts and whales to mark up their prices. Then people will get greedy and hold them while btc goes crazy again in a few weeks
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 06:28:40 PM

Nearly most of clients zeroed in on putting away new altcoins and simply use bitcoin to make a money out. Truly, I was one of them when I took an interest in abundance crusades and have an incredible arrangement of alts however didn't think for a second that it's an air pocket.
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 04:42:05 AM

Nearly most of clients zeroed in on putting away new altcoins and simply use bitcoin to make a money out. Truly, I was one of them when I partook in abundance crusades and have an extraordinary portofolio of alts however didn't think for a second that it's an air pocket. As it very well may be seen from the 2017-present pattern, alts fail to meet expectations contrasted with BTC while having a lot higher danger.
Tomtomwole

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 08:30:26 AM

That's right word. Always take profit, cut your losses and move on. There is always another opportunity.
Nirvier

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 10:33:43 AM

there are so many great tips here, but how to come to this and follow?  Grin
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 05:28:34 AM

I cannot agree more with the OP here. When the time is right make sure to book your profit and atleast take out the investment amount back . Same goes for booking losses as well.

Booking profit is very important if one must succeed in crypto as a trader. A friend of mine made about 7x on a coin and when I advise him to take profit, and leave some of the coins to run if he wants to hold, he gave deaf ears. After 2 weeks, coin went below his entry point and he is stucked till date. Lesson here is that we should avoid greed at all times, main objective of trading is for making profit and nothing more.

Was it really moving up, personally I don't think it will, price will go down a bit more as it was fast to rise, that correction is necessary for the market to be stable and it's something that we should not panic, instead, we have to be confident because bitcoin will surely survive this.

Thinking of a new ATH, well, it's okay as long as you don't get carried away and forget to make a timely decision.
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 05:42:26 AM

I was expecting bitcoin to drop more because it's bullish movement since few days ago are too fast, I believe that's why price is dumping hard since hours back, do not be deceived though cos bullrun is still very much alive and altcoin season isn't over yet, my advice is avoid getting carried away by the bullrun, have a target in mind and once it's achieved sell your altcoins and wait for another red market
yurez

Activity: 2520
Merit: 711

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 09:33:16 AM

I was expecting bitcoin to drop more because it's bullish movement since few days ago are too fast, I believe that's why price is dumping hard since hours back, do not be deceived though cos bullrun is still very much alive and altcoin season isn't over yet, my advice is avoid getting carried away by the bullrun, have a target in mind and once it's achieved sell your altcoins and wait for another red market

I think the altcoin season is just beginning and will only start fully after testing the $ 21-22k range by bitcoin.  If bitcoin falls below 13-14k, then I will go from altcoins to stablecoins.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 12:10:30 PM

I remember of a friend who gave up his studies and went all-in on AMP coin (Synereo - if you remember the project). By saying all-in, I don't mean that he invested any money on it but all his time. He worked as a programmer for them and used to earn $300 worth of AMP each month. He did this for at least 3 years, the project did well and he almost became a double millionaire when the spike occurred in markets during 2017 when BTC was $14k and reached $20k. But he kept the coins as it is, didn't sell them when I even advised him to do so and later when the crash happened, the project itself came to an end putting all his work and savings under the grave. So, you need to know when to sell as that's too an important part of trading.
Same here with the DeepOnion shitcoin. Got free airdrop worth of 18K USD when BTC was at ATH back in 2017. Didn't sell a single coin cuz of greed and also I was a complete noob in all this trading stuff. Decided to HODL and now the coin is completely dead. However, I kept checking out the project from time to time and earlier this year I saw that they're getting delisted from many exchanges so I said to myself: "That's it, I'm withdrawing everything" and I managed to withdraw $700 which I put into BTC, made it to $2500 with trading and now I sold everything when BTC was at 19,2K USD. Valuable lesson learned Smiley
Banulit

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 01:46:28 PM

Always take the opportunity especially if you are gaining, always keep in mind that no matter how big is your gain profit is profit.

Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 03:36:06 PM

There are times to hold on to your altcoins and there are times to let go of them, everything in crypto space is timing, trading is timing, investing on coins is all about timing, buy when market is down and sell when bulls attacks, holding on to your altcoins forever can bring you good fortune or the bad one too, the call is yours to make
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 04:39:03 PM

surely everyone has a different story, some produce profits and some also result in losses, it all depends on our position and opportunity to take a big opportunity or let it go, we can just exchange it from BTC to other altcoins as long as it's profitable and also on the contrary, we exchange altcoins to btc and during that time it must be an advantage that is not a loss,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: