Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:20:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardano inquiry  (Read 499 times)
DoubleEdgeEX (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 06:56:02 AM

You can bash me for that but I felt the need to ask.

Why is Cardano has such a strong community? Why are they even considerd an "Ethereum Killer" which I think is a stupid name be defintion? Some Cardano folks are as hardliners as some of the Ripple community.... 

Some cool stuff from Cardano thought: https://cryptoslate.com/global-blockchain-solutions-company-and-cardano-commercial-arm-emurgo-is-building-a-blockchain-traceability-solution-for-coffee-in-indonesia-interview/
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 07:09:05 AM

Why is Cardano has such a strong community? Why are they even considerd an "Ethereum Killer" which I think is a stupid name be defintion? Some Cardano folks are as hardliners as some of the Ripple community....  

Some cool stuff from Cardano thought: https://cryptoslate.com/global-blockchain-solutions-company-and-cardano-commercial-arm-emurgo-is-building-a-blockchain-traceability-solution-for-coffee-in-indonesia-interview/
It's more than stupid and that's a non sense name to call that as ethereum killer.
It's not only cardano but almost all of new smartcontract platforms have declared themselves as ethereum killers too. This is only the trick that created by the developers to attract the demand or to create the hype.

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 10:59:13 AM

Can you show anything that works on this platform? Show me at least 1 DAPP.
The article is more like an advertisement. Apparently, the problem of coffee brands is so relevant in the 21st century and cannot be solved without blockchain Smiley

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 03:04:47 PM

Cardano is one of my best picks to be honest and I am a fan of this project for long and I am sure it will outperform many other coins in future both in terms of use cases and demand, but to be honest I never took it as ethereum killer or next ethereum, both of them are quality projects and I am holding both at the same time.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
DoubleEdgeEX (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 04:58:31 PM

Can you show anything that works on this platform? Show me at least 1 DAPP.
The article is more like an advertisement. Apparently, the problem of coffee brands is so relevant in the 21st century and cannot be solved without blockchain Smiley

EXACTLY!

@ Teraboy - I agree, it´s a marketing gag.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 06:58:29 PM

A community that supports their chosen coin will tell things that could help them boost the project and themselves too. They have their own bias regards to cryptocurrencies and they will do it while they can.
It even started with 'bitcoin killer' setting then it spread through the altcoins kingdom. Each community has their own dislikes from another project.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 09:01:41 PM

I think the reason people rate Cardano very high is because of Charles Hoskinson who was one of the main developer behind Ethereum in the early days. If by now Cardano has not released major project on its platform, then I don't think people would want to migrate to their platform again especially in a crowded market like this

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 09:34:15 PM

Cardano is one of the promising project. They have one of the most active developers and community. But again a technologically better coin don't mean it would be trusted and adopted by a large number of people. People tend to use bitcoin and Ethereum more even though they are getting harder to transact. Bringing in projects in it's platform is another measure of success, which cardano hasn't achieved yet.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 10:12:51 PM

I think the reason people rate Cardano very high is because of Charles Hoskinson who was one of the main developer behind Ethereum in the early days. If by now Cardano has not released major project on its platform, then I don't think people would want to migrate to their platform again especially in a crowded market like this

It's also why it's being called its killer. This is a supposed to be aggressive advertising.

Charles had a disagreement with Vitalik and they don't like each other too much. He made Cardano to be a competition but was a bit too late because Ether had already exploded.

Soon after, disagreements arose about how to structure the project. "It was a boardroom brawl," he says. Hoskinson wanted to accept venture capital and create a for-profit entity with a more formal governing structure. Buterin wanted to keep Ethereum a nonprofit organization with an open-source, decentralized governance. Hoskinson left Ethereum in June 2014.
"At the time I was pretty pissed off," says Hoskinson, 30. "Ether went up [to a market cap of] $120 billion, so what the hell do I know?"
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 11:46:02 PM

If I remember correctly, Cardano was identified as the most developed project in the last year, having more developer activity than any other project (Ethereum included).

This indicates that a lot of money is being put into actually making Cardano the best it can be, rather than simply relying on community commits like most other cryptocurrencies do.

That doesn't mean it's going to be a success in the long-run, but the guys behind IOHK definitely look like they know what they're doing.

I mean Charles Hoskinson even co-founded Ethereum, so if he could make the 2nd most popular blockchain, you can be pretty sure he could push Cardano up to be similarly popular.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: