Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charities accepting crypto donations?  (Read 291 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 02:16:36 AM

Do you happen to know of any good charities out there which accept crypto as payment method for donations? I haven't had any luck so far, as the charities I've stumbled with accept either Fiat through bank transfer, PayPal, or credit/debit card. As far as I know, the only organization which seems to donate crypto funds to charities is the Pinkcoin Foundation. But there's still limited options to choose from when deciding to donate crypto to a charity.

If you happen to know of a list of charities which accept crypto directly as payment method, please let me know. I'm mostly interested in charities helping children and giving food to those in need. It's much more convenient to send crypto as donation than Fiat directly for many reasons. One of them is anonymity and privacy, as crypto payments are not that easily traceable (some of them). This is a great way of sending a donation without exposing your utmost sensitive information to the public.

Any help, suggestions, or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 04:02:11 AM

Have you known this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124375.0 event?

That is a charity program in this forum and has given a donation towards people in need. Even, there is someone (most likely the user in this forum) who give 1 bitcoin so far as you can see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124375.msg54515978#msg54515978

Hope, that's what you are looking for.

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 05:59:13 AM

Check out this list from forum:

All of these are still active for donations.

Outside forum platform that accepts crypto:

You can used any of it. Seems like your up for some charity deed. Good luck mate.

AthenaBanana
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 09:46:09 AM

Thanks for this info sir. I'm also looking for this Im curious about donations and who is making good deeds in the crypto community
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 03:42:46 PM

Careful with this one OP, I knew many scam charity projects in the past, they successfully scam too many investors, make sure you do good research on any options you've been given on here

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sunsilk

Activity: 2940
Merit: 620

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 04:57:57 PM

Careful with this one OP, I knew many scam charity projects in the past, they successfully scam too many investors, make sure you do good research on any options you've been given on here
The forum charities on the list given by cryptoaddictchie are good for everybody to trust. There are proofs that the donations are really going to the people in need.

Check the history of it and you'll see that they've been working hard to send those donations to their respective recipients.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 03:44:15 AM

The forum charities on the list given by cryptoaddictchie are good for everybody to trust. There are proofs that the donations are really going to the people in need.

Check the history of it and you'll see that they've been working hard to send those donations to their respective recipients.

maybe he havent visited those threads yet or maybe he mean to say donation/charity programs that are outside of the forum because those are the ones that cant be trusted easily  , you dont know if what are the reputation of those people that conduct a program than compare to this forum because we are more familiar on the faces and atitude of the users on here.  

im only surprise that the op didnt knew that theres already alot of charity programs on this forum and most of them already have a sig campaign which can be seen anywhere on this forum .
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 06:55:51 AM

Im sure this thread you are referring to [Scam]: All Covid-19 Scam Related Threads. These list are all covid related compile by some users which connect to donation and not must be trusted. Feel free ro check the threads and site Ive sent. (Look for difference).

Thats what you get if their response comes first before seeing the threads suggested. I dont think he botheres to read the OP but answer the Title topic inquiry.

sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2020, 07:24:15 AM

I tend to agree with what @cryptoaddictchie suggested above, those are active forum charity program foundation that has shown their activities as proof that the donation had properly distributed. Make it sure they are trusted and doing progress of what you have donated not being wasted that fall in a wrong hand.

In the outside forum charity program, maybe the Binance charity program is also good and doing great.

An extension of the list of suggested above, here also The Full List of Coronavirus Charities that Accept Cryptocurrency.. They aren't focused only on Bitcoin, they also accept altcoins as a donation. But you need to be careful and should have research first before sending your donation.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
maenauaras

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 12:30:22 PM

Why not exchagnge your crypto into cash and then donate? I think that it is easier because you can track the bank accounts of these charitable institutions, and therefore difficult to use them by both.
You can also ask a trusted member to donate to charitable sites like gofundme and pay them in return for crypto.
I know that some UN organizations accept crypto donations, and there are many open source projects that do this.
sunsilk

Activity: 2940
Merit: 620

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 02:20:22 PM

maybe he havent visited those threads yet or maybe he mean to say donation/charity programs that are outside of the forum because those are the ones that cant be trusted easily  , you dont know if what are the reputation of those people that conduct a program than compare to this forum because we are more familiar on the faces and atitude of the users on here.  

im only surprise that the op didnt knew that theres already alot of charity programs on this forum and most of them already have a sig campaign which can be seen anywhere on this forum .
He probably hasn't. A lot of charities were used in scams in the past and that's why he said that thing. But little did he know that there are charities that were originally made from the forum and is giving aid to the needy.

By informing others that they do exist.

Can help spread the good news about them and donators like op can find the legit ones.

roberthays

Activity: 94
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 07:50:57 AM

I believe the Save the Children charity accepts Bitcoin and they've been accepting Bitcoin donations for a few years now.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:23:31 PM

Have you known this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124375.0 event?

That is a charity program in this forum and has given a donation towards people in need. Even, there is someone (most likely the user in this forum) who give 1 bitcoin so far as you can see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5124375.msg54515978#msg54515978

Hope, that's what you are looking for.

I didn't know about that! Thank you so much for sharing. This is a very good initiative from the people in this forum. It's this what makes crypto land a better place. The 1 Bitcoin donation is very generous, based on today's prices in terms of USD. Wealthy people can put their money to good use by directly donating crypto to this charity program. I'd say that it's much more convenient to donate crypto directly than converting to Fiat in order to avoid hefty exchange fees. Not to mention, you'll be contributing to the crypto economy.

Nonetheless, I'll consider making a small donation to this charity program. It's very exciting to see someone with the initiative to help those who are in need. It'll be great if miners donated some of their crypto earnings to this program, in order to make our world a better place. Smiley

This may be all I need to donate crypto to charities. Thanks! In these times of need where COVID-19 has negatively impacted our society, a generous donation in crypto will truly make the difference. We need all the help we can get in order to battle the disease worldwide. With cooperation from people in crypto land, anything's possible. It's a good thing Binance has a charity of its own. Since it's the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange (AFAIK), it could be the largest contributor in the crypto/Blockchain space. I'd expect more crypto startups/companies to join efforts in helping make our world a better place. Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: