Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:03:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum's biggest contender?  (Read 1226 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2020, 05:14:20 AM

i agree with you that Cardano could win some from ethereum but i also believe that ethereum is almost to big to fail , so i think that it could live next to ethereum but i do not believe in any replacement for ethereum

Cardano is capable to replace Ethereum. But it's reputation is not that good at the moment. Early users faced a lot of difficulty in storing the ADA coins. A few years back, we had no option but to install the full wallet (Daedalus) if we want to store ADA. I understand that lite-wallets are now available for ADA, but this caused a lot of damage during the early days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonjouros

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 08:28:30 AM

If you are viewing it like that then I have no problem with it but frankly speaking cardano still has a long way to go before it can be consider as the biggest
contender for Ethereum. They need to x14 first their marketcap before they can really beat Ethereum but everything is possible.

If cardano can make their way through in the future then I would be love seeing it as every currencies has a chance to be in the top like what happened to xrp that
it was able to replace eth last time.
Banulit

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 09:04:45 AM

Well I think for me one of the biggest threat and contender of ethereum coin would be the Ripple (XRP) which so happen that out-market ethereum in over a quarter last year. Ripple has a big potential to take the position of ethereum in the market which it did last time.

DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 08:35:40 PM

I do think that ethereum is already one of the best, but like you metioned cardano might be a competition. Another competitor for Ethereum might be NEO, which is a chinese based platform.

People are growing increasingly aware of Chinese products and boycotting them out of ethical concerns. Let's face it, China is shit crazy and neo-authoritarian (yes that's a thing).

ETH might be big but Azure (Microsoft), Amazon, IBM all have their own blockchain platforms that are growing in features by the day. And I literally mean that. Another big name is Hyperledger. From the legit crypto world the better names that pop up in my head are Corda and Quorum.

It's still going to take a while before anything steals Ethereum's crown though—if ever.
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 09:06:09 PM

So many smart contract platforms have emerged over time, ramping up the competition for ETH. Some have claimed to be the "Ethereum Killer" (like EOS), only to fail altogether. While none have been compared to ETH in terms of decentralization and reliability, there are some projects which aim to base their development on an academic level. One of those projects is Cardano. With a focus on PoS and decentralization, it could become ETH's biggest contender in the future. Other projects like EOS and TRON may have already adopted PoS, but they're inherently centralized. Which is why, I strongly believe that Cardano could topple ETH in the not-so-distant future.

What are your thoughts? Will Cardano become Ethereum's biggest contender? If not, which smart contract platform do you think it will? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley

I think that ETH will remain at the top among smart contract platforms. How many rivals he had and no one came close to him. ETH has already won a large audience and it will be very difficult to lure users to another platform. They would have managed to overtake eth if the team did not work on the coin, but they are constantly trying to improve it in contrast to other projects. So far, I don't see any rivals for ETH among the existing coins.

Actually Ethereum is the pace setter for smart contracts, but this doesn't mean in future there won't be any blockchain project better than Ethereum. I have so much confidence in ETH since the development so far has been nonstop, github activities proves that. For now, I'm yet to see a close match for ETH wrt smart contract, in as much as I'm a Cardano and Tron fan.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 06:12:23 PM

Actually Ethereum is the pace setter for smart contracts, but this doesn't mean in future there won't be any blockchain project better than Ethereum. I have so much confidence in ETH since the development so far has been nonstop, github activities proves that. For now, I'm yet to see a close match for ETH wrt smart contract, in as much as I'm a Cardano and Tron fan.

Exactly. So far, Ethereum is the most actively-developed smart contract platform in the world. Despite being slow and expensive at times, its large ecosystem of dApps and decentralized design, makes it the top choice among its competitors. Still, nothing lasts forever. If an Ethereum contender manages to become rock-solid in development and innovation, it might challenge ETH's place on the market. Most smart contract platforms have a greater level of centralization than Ethereum, making people think twice before choosing them on top of the original smart contract platform. I think Cardano is the only one that has a focus on decentralization just like Ethereum. It won't make use of DPoS for consensus, reducing the chances of becoming utterly centralized in the future (like it happened with both STEEM and TRON).

Cardano's innovative PoS algorithm could directly compete with the PoS version of Ethereum dubbed ETH 2.0. Charles Hoskinson worked with the Ethereum project before, so he has the necessary experience to make Cardano as good as Ethereum in the future. While I have to admit that development for ADA has been rather slow, it's has been doing great since its inception. This slow development phase could make Cardano secure and resilient unlike other competing smart contract platforms on the market. Neither EOS, TRON, or Tezos will be able to compete directly with Ethereum because of their utterly centralized structure. Which is why I strongly believe that Cardano is Ethereum's biggest contender in the crypto/Blockchain space. Unless another smart contract platform emerges with a focus on decentralization, Cardano will rise behind Ethereum in mainstream adoption and popularity in the not-so-distant future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 09:14:02 PM

Ethereum's biggest contender? Itself.

The more Ethereum gets used, the harder it will be for Ethereum to keep getting used (due to network congestion and insane fees).
Scaling solutions should have been implemented already, not to be planned for 2021-2022.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2020, 09:44:38 PM

EOS is now a day picking momentum and I see a lot of gaming projects are coming to EOS. This is really good move. Having said so, ETH is still the leader for dApps to have tokenization. The most important factor that makes ETH the leader, is its scalability and ease of use.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 06:44:38 PM

Ethereum's biggest contender? Itself.

The more Ethereum gets used, the harder it will be for Ethereum to keep getting used (due to network congestion and insane fees).
Scaling solutions should have been implemented already, not to be planned for 2021-2022.

Couldn't agree more with you, mate. Ethereum must scale quickly in order to retain its place on the market. Otherwise, its competitors will become dominant in the crypto/Blockchain industry. While no other smart contract platform is comparable as Ethereum in terms of decentralization and censorship resistance, they're highly scalable giving them a slight advantage over ETH. If we were to compare various smart contract platforms on the market today, I'd say that Cardano resembles Ethereum in every way. It might become Ethereum's biggest contender in the future if it continues to deliver as promised. But first things first. If Ethereum wants to stay ahead of the game, it's going to need to upgrade ASAP instead of delaying network upgrades. If the team keeps delaying ETH 2.0, then people will look for other alternatives in the crypto/Blockchain industry.

All in all, time will tell us if Ethereum will live up to the challenge. The competition is getting fierce as new players enter the game. Since most people prefer convenience on top of decentralization, they'll choose competing smart contract platforms such as EOS, TRON, and Cardano. Only those that are fond about decentralization/censorship resistance will use it no matter what. Most businesses and companies alike will use the platform that has the lowest fees and fastest transaction confirmation times. If ETH remains as is, it'll have a hard time competing with other smart contract platforms on the market. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 02:36:08 AM

I don't think any coin can become the ethereum killer. You see now many DeFi projects has been created.
They are using ethereum blockchain often than others, the high gas fee is the proof.
There are many good altcoins in the market, but it is hard to become ETH's contender.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:50:05 AM

I don't think any coin can become the ethereum killer. You see now many DeFi projects has been created.
They are using ethereum blockchain often than others, the high gas fee is the proof.
There are many good altcoins in the market, but it is hard to become ETH's contender.
high gas price is a very big problem. even a large number of Defi projects will not be able to make people like the ETH blockchain. I think that soon Defi projects will be created on other blockchains

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:51:40 AM

every coin in this industry competes with each other especially with Ethereum is a big altcoin and it is no stranger that most bounty projects are built using ethereum's platform. So, I think Ethereum's tough competitors like Binance and EOS.
EOS is not a competitor. it is created for other purposes, but BNB can be a really serious threat to ETH because they develop faster and their blockchain is more convenient

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 09:04:44 AM

I only believe in BNB which will be ETH's tough competitor, indeed ETH is a big brother to BNB, but as a younger brother who continues to progress, it is not impossible that his younger brother will be greater than his brother. Being a competitor is not just about price, but being able to be top ranking in the Crypto world.
chikator

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 09:27:49 AM

So many smart contract platforms have emerged over time, ramping up the competition for ETH. Some have claimed to be the "Ethereum Killer" (like EOS), only to fail altogether. While none have been compared to ETH in terms of decentralization and reliability, there are some projects which aim to base their development on an academic level. One of those projects is Cardano. With a focus on PoS and decentralization, it could become ETH's biggest contender in the future. Other projects like EOS and TRON may have already adopted PoS, but they're inherently centralized. Which is why, I strongly believe that Cardano could topple ETH in the not-so-distant future.

What are your thoughts? Will Cardano become Ethereum's biggest contender? If not, which smart contract platform do you think it will? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley

I went into this thread with a raging jab pointing out bitcoin without getting first the context but this thread is actually talking about the underdogs. I agree, cardano is looking sharp. Ive been keeping my eye on cardano for quite a while and the entire time theyre just proving that they might be a contender for some reliable coins.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 10:52:55 AM

Ethereum is only having the first mover advantage, being the first smart contract platform that people on to create their Dapps. But looking into the tech space, you will observe that ethereum is having issues scaling. loads of Sidechains have also come out with a function to scale more than ethereum does. Now consider the move the Matic network scaling with 7.2k tps. Matic is even a bigger contender than any other on the ethereum scalabilty challenges.

Andrews193

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 02:14:58 PM

Why are you saying that ethereum has no rival? While a fact has happened in the past, the value of ethereum has plummeted and most of the time, people have been thinking that ripple and some new altcoins will soon replace ethereum. Agree that ethereum retains its prowess but it is undeniable that this is still a sign, a sign that implies that ethereum is not always possible at number two, time and market always create different competitors for ethereum, it needs to get stronger and cannot be subjective with the opponents behind

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 05:45:33 PM

every coin in this industry competes with each other especially with Ethereum is a big altcoin and it is no stranger that most bounty projects are built using ethereum's platform. So, I think Ethereum's tough competitors like Binance and EOS.
EOS is not a competitor. it is created for other purposes, but BNB can be a really serious threat to ETH because they develop faster and their blockchain is more convenient
BNB has a completely different purpose from ETH, so it can't compete with ETH either. But for the development of Binance and BNB, I believe that in the future, the 2nd place in coinmarketcap of ETH will be threatened.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:22:57 PM

For EOS they really need to improve on their output. Create user friendly wallet. TRON is a good competition to ETH. Recently, I started using TRON and it has been amazing. Transaction is fast , low fee and reliable.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 06:29:30 PM

There was a time when people thought EOS would compete with ETH, but after that EOS didn't have any updates that really stood out. And it has been surpassed by ETH and other altcoins in this market, for me TRX is a competitor of ETH at the moment.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:58:05 PM

Eth transaction fees nowadays is very sickening high, its time for other alternative to rise and shine. There are good potential blockchain than can overtake Ethereum if scaling issues will still persist for years it might slowly die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: