Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying food or groceries with Bitcoin  (Read 1552 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 02:33:54 AM

The problem is there, those who dare to take risks by accepting payments using bitcoin or other cryptocurrency are those who have large-scale businesses / organizations. Very large and fast fluctuations in value can be very detrimental and risky so this calculation and revenue management cannot cover the worst losses when accepting bitcoin payments. The absence of a third gate that facilitates this also becomes an obstacle because they cannot take too much risk and choose a local currency or FIAT to further reduce risk in doing business.

Based on this, paying with Bitcoin would be like paying with Gold. A volatile cryptocurrency can never be used for mainstream commerce because it reduces the chances of profit. Merchants and businesses are better off using centralized stablecoins than Bitcoin because of its highly-fluctuating prices on the market. But who knows? If Bitcoin becomes extremely popular and widely adopted in the future, supermarkets and retail stores might be able to accept it as payment method. We already have centralized payment gateways which allows merchants to accept crypto transactions with ease. As the regulatory landscape for the crypto industry matures, we might be able to buy actual food or groceries using Bitcoin directly without having to convert it to Fiat, ever. Everything will depend on customer's demand for Bitcoin as payment method for in-store purchases. If demand for Bitcoin is high, then merchants and businesses will begin accepting it as payment method. Otherwise, using Bitcoin directly for food or groceries will be more of a dream than anything else.

Nonetheless, time will tell us what lies ahead for the future of Bitcoin and crypto as an alternative payment system towards traditional Fiat. Governments will play a key role in determining this future as they devise laws that would either stifle or stimulate the growth of the entire crypto industry. A regulatory-friendly landscape, alongside price stability on the market, will make Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies more attractive to businesses and institutional investors. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:01:15 AM

We knew that there is more store are accepting bitcoin because they see the advatanges of accepting that kind of payment.
And it is really possible for the grocery to accept the bitcoin to buy foods , and it is really big help to bitcoin community because the price maybe rise.

But the problem with that what if bitcoin down the value and the store have a lot of bitcoins so they lose a lot but if it's rise the price they got a double profit if they want to accept bitcoin they need to accept the risk also .
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:32:51 AM

Straight to the point from my perspective:

Bitcoin will not be the most used currency to buy goods directly. Most people like me, convert bitcoin to other crypto especially those that are available to the store if there is, to be used, which has a characteristic of low volatility, fast transaction confirmation and low fees.

Bitcoin today, even with the segwit upgrade for me didn't suffice store transactions.
diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 03:28:04 PM

Straight to the point from my perspective:

Bitcoin will not be the most used currency to buy goods directly. Most people like me, convert bitcoin to other crypto especially those that are available to the store if there is, to be used, which has a characteristic of low volatility, fast transaction confirmation and low fees.

Bitcoin today, even with the segwit upgrade for me didn't suffice store transactions.
Bitcoin will accept many countries and it is not accepted the goods and regular accessories products. Because global currency will accept entire world so USD is the king of currency. But Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency so once it will  be globalized, automatically it will accept anywhere and anyplace. Most of the countries gradually take a good decision on Bitcoin so we some unbelievable acceptance.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 04:15:28 PM

It is just their matter of choice as well as taking of the risk, even if I started my own business, Bitcoin will be the last thing in my mind to adopt unless I go full e-shop where I don't any digital wallets. Digital payment system is quite strict with their KYC policies, that's why Bitcoin comes into my mind into this.

I guess government would just waste their time finding ways to put up laws in cryptos especially Bitcoin, but I doubt they'll do.
Maybe how people will be able to cash it out probably.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: