Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Titanbtc website is down  (Read 426 times)
fryarminer (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 01:03:26 PM

Hey I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this but the Titanbtc website is down. Any suggestions on how to contact Tim Fillmore or how to redeem my Titan bitcoins? I didn't want to put this in the scam section because Titan Bitcoin is not a scam, but it would be nice for their site to be working again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 01:49:56 PM

Here's their forum profile- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112605
But it seems they are not active here for a very long time since January 2020. There's no other way to contact them at the moment. Try sending a PM on forum.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 02:25:30 PM

I did send him a PM, but like you said he hasn't been on here for a while, since January. I couldn't be the only person trying to access the site though - does anyone know when it went down?
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1211

Heisenberg

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 08:47:39 PM

I did send him a PM, but like you said he hasn't been on here for a while, since January. I couldn't be the only person trying to access the site though - does anyone know when it went down?
There's no much info about how else to contact them except through support on the website as they don't have any known social media presence.
According to google web cache snapshot taken 16 Jun 2020 19:36:04 GMT the website seemed to be okay which means the website stopped working between 16th and Today. It could have even happened a few hours ago

Maybe let's wait and see if they can get back online soon.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 04:16:28 AM

I guess the guys from the Collectibles board of this forum might be able help you since we are also talking of a loaded collectible physical Bitcoin here.

I am more than sure there will be a rich discussion there about this sad development and the best way forward considering that many of the guys regularly hanging out in that board are for sure owners of beautiful Titan Coins themselves.

Edit:

Well, here's what I got. Please refer to this thread. Somebody from the Collectibles board actually asked how to verify Titan Coin funding since their website is down. That thread was opened just a day earlier before you opened yours here.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 05:16:30 AM

Thank you both, I'm looking at the other thread now.
Hopefully the site gets up soon. My coins are from 2013 so I'm up a creek if I can't get that 2fa thing sorted out.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 09:58:46 AM

I seem to recall this happened before and it was back up relatively rapidly, maybe I imagined that. That aspect of their coins made me nervous. Very little lasts for a long time in cryptoland.

Anyway, this is him on Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/timfillmore
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 02:10:26 PM

I was able to hear back from the support email. They said they are working on getting the site back up. Hopefully it will be soon, I need the money.
Metherry

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 09:59:41 AM

Is this the first time that you fail to access the account or do they do it multiple times?
It is hard to trust a site where the support team fails to return after more than 72 hours. Therefore, if they do not explain the reasons behind all this delay, it is best to assume that the they have been hacked and that your personal data is in the hands of the hackers.

up to this moment, I cannot access that site.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 11:08:27 AM

it is best to assume that the they have been hacked and that your personal data is in the hands of the hackers.

The important data is not your personal stuff, not that many owners are the first owners anyway, it's the ability to redeem a 2FA coin which is what you need the website for. I remember having the willies looking at it at the time. Depending on someone to keep a service that may be long dead going is not a position I'd want to put myself in.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 02:40:39 PM

So yesterday I got this email from guardians@titanbtc.com. It told me that restoring the site will take a while but if I send the private code from the coin they would send me the bitcoin to my address. All sorts of flags went up for me. So I replied with a questioning email. The email bounced. I tried again - I keep getting undelivered email notifications to that domain.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 03:27:49 PM

So yesterday I got this email from guardians@titanbtc.com. It told me that restoring the site will take a while but if I send the private code from the coin they would send me the bitcoin to my address. All sorts of flags went up for me. So I replied with a questioning email. The email bounced. I tried again - I keep getting undelivered email notifications to that domain.

I'm sure their domain is a juicy target for the scammily inclined so you've been sensible to hold off.

Is that the same email address you were in contact with before? I'd try and contact him through another channel such as linkedin as it's possible you were in touch with someone in control of the domain who shouldn't be.
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 05:13:40 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

Apologies for the website downtime, guys. 

We hoped it would be back up quickly but had to deal with some unforeseen technical hurdles.  Even though there are no private keys stored online, we use some unique encryption to protect the coin data from bad actors and this system is a bit of work to maintain.  I'll post here once its back online and fully operational.

If anyone is needing their 2FA coins redeemed in the meantime, I can help them here through the forums.  For those that have asked, the website is not needed to redeem private key coins.

-Tim

fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 05:43:06 PM

Apologies for the website downtime, guys. 

We hoped it would be back up quickly but had to deal with some unforeseen technical hurdles.  Even though there are no private keys stored online, we use some unique encryption to protect the coin data from bad actors and this system is a bit of work to maintain.  I'll post here once its back online and fully operational.

If anyone is needing their 2FA coins redeemed in the meantime, I can help them here through the forums.  For those that have asked, the website is not needed to redeem private key coins.

-Tim

Thanks for the update and for the peace of mind to know that you have things under control. I'll wait for the site to get repaired.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1211

Heisenberg

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 09:09:25 PM

Our email servers have been attacked in earnest dozens of times, and scammers have spoofed emails to look as if they came from us on more than occasion to attempt to get sensitive info from coin owners.  

Also, please pay attention to the account age here on the forums.  There are profiles that use variations of my username that have tried to impersonate me in the past.
Where there is money or any valuable asset, scammers will always be there too.

I have a suggestion about maybe creating a social media account to provide support and updates in times like this when the website is down (maybe twitter or telegram channel)

How about this email sales@titanbtc.com? Does it also work?
If positive, then both emails can also be included on your forum profiles or Social media channels so that it's easier for anyone to contact support when they look up the emails.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 09:22:05 PM

I have a suggestion about maybe creating a social media account to provide support and updates in times like this when the website is down (maybe twitter or telegram channel)

This is a sensible suggestion. I'd be having constant heart attacks at outages like this and extended absences.

If I were an owner I'd want to be long gone out of this set up but I'd want to be certain it was still possible if I chose to stay put.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: