Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EMC Pool Newbie support  (Read 2203 times)
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:00:20 PM

I've added the weighted average donation % to the block stats.  It's just below the My Donation value in self same column.

Haha, a bit depressing actually Smiley

Much appreciated, Inaba, thank you.

So if I'm interpreting the values correctly, the weighted donation seems to range from 0.3% to about 0.49% depending on the block. Is that how you read it? I would post a screenshot grab to highlight exactly what I am referring to, but I haven't figured out how to paste images into these messages.  Huh

So let's see, assuming 350Ghash/s average, Eclipse would be expected to generate about 280BTC per day for everyone. With a 0.4% net donation, that nets the pool just over 1BTC per day in donations. About $7.

I see what you mean  Wink
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 08:18:39 PM

Yep, you are reading that correctly! 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 01:16:39 AM

Yep, you are reading that correctly! 

I have one more request for you to consider relating to donations on eclipsemc.com:

On the 'Top Miners' page there is a table listing the top 20 miners. If a miner is donating ANYTHING (i.e. their current donation setting is not 0), could their name be bold in that table? Sortof a 'bragging rights' thing. And seeing that just might convince some of the top-20 non-donators to donate.  Wink
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 01:21:38 AM

Yeah, that would be a good idea, I like it.  Maybe a top donators list as well ... or even just limiting the top 20 to donators only, hmmm.  I will have to think about that.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
hack_slash

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:11:59 AM

Hi!  I started mining with EMC a couple of weeks ago, and love it.  It's definitely the best pool I've tried in terms of performance, stability, and administrator enthusiasm  Cheesy -- great job!

Speaking of donations, do you have an idea of what sort of donation level you'd need to cover at least the "hard" costs of the pool (i.e. easily quantifiable things such as hosting costs, versus time spend on the pool)?  Was wondering from the perspective of making sure I set up a reasonable donation level.

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 03:40:35 AM

Hi hack_slash and glad you are mining on our pool!  To answer you question, I don't really know what hard and fast numbers would be.  I put quite a few hours into the pool a week/month, but discounting that, hosting costs are comparatively negligible.  The "average" is around .3 to .4%... not saying that's a lot, but it seems to be the average spread across all users.  A .5 to 1% would be great, but really even if you aren't donating anything, we are glad to have you.

Ex

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 07:26:03 PM

Hey there!
Im wondering which thread is up to date regarding the work servers, the original thread at Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Mining > Pools or this noobs topic:

For US residents:
us.eclipsemc.com

For EU residents:
eu.eclipsemc.com

For Pacific Rim / Asia / Australia
pacrim.eclipsemc.com

And btw just to make it clear, what BIP are you gonna support in future?
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 09:48:42 PM

The Pools thread is the most up to date.  You can use us1, us2 or us3, though the other servers also work.

As far as BIP goes, I planned on making an announcement yesterday, but I have run into some technical issues and I want to iron those out before I make anything official.  But suffice to say, it will satisfy everyone or almost everyone.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: