Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:45:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: windows xp and opencl install problem gpu mining 270x  (Read 784 times)
elavenil (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:58:21 AM

is there any guide for gpu mining using windows xp?
i am having 270x cars, installed Catalyst Software Suite 13.12.
when i run cgminer i am getting error that i don'thave opencl.

how to solve this?

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:49:44 PM

did you install this too?

AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:55:19 PM

is there any guide for gpu mining using windows xp?
i am having 270x cars, installed Catalyst Software Suite 13.12.
when i run cgminer i am getting error that i don'thave opencl.

how to solve this?

There is no solution. The AMD APP SDK versions which support GCN cards (Radeon HD 7xxx cards and later) aren't available for Windows XP, only for 7Garbage and The 8th Abomination. If I'm not mistaken, the last APP SDK version that supported XP was version 2.6, which won't work with GCN cards like your card. You'll need to either change your OS to something like Windows 7, or build another machine just for mining if you want to keep using XP (which you should do, it's still the best MS OS ever). I wanted to keep running XP 64 so that's what I did, I built a separate machine with Win 7 just for mining (I'd have used Linux if I had more experience with it though).

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/system-requirements-driver-compatibility/

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/download-archive/

P.S.: screw AMD.
elavenil (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:14:50 PM

yeah i tried hard, installed many drivers. But none is working. Tomorrow planned to install windows 7. Hoping every thing goes well.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:38:47 PM

you might like to try ultimate edition (ubuntu) it is awsome

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: