Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in crypto ratings?  (Read 4184 times)
bhadz

Activity: 2450
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 12:06:15 AM

Crypto ratings are biased. This will also depend on the likes of the author or the agency or company that they work with. If somebody pays for a good review, they will make it good.
And if there will be an opponent that wants to pay for the bad review of others, they will do it. That's how PR companies go, maybe not for all but many are like that.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 01:10:48 AM

After I read many responses in this thread, it turns out that many do not believe in rating sites because most of them run organizations that are paid for by these tokens or coins. I also agree, some bad coins have good ratings on rating sites, we also don't know how or what are their indicators for making these ratings. I don't really consider rating sites important, it's just that they really take some of the data and information they provide, where the information is very relevant.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
lienfaye

Activity: 2954
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 01:22:55 AM

For me, I dont believe in crypto ratings knowing that many of the bounty campaigns that I have joined has a good and almost perfect crypto rating but turning out to be fake and scam project but in some ways it can really be helpful to a project to attract many participants and investors.
Its an advantage for the project to manipulate the crypto ratings because they can get more supporters/investors.

But thats not the case for investors who are looking for a good project to invest in. Thats why its not wise to rely on crypto ratings when choosing what project seems good and has potential.

darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 01:53:13 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2020, 02:04:55 PM by darkphoenix2610

I believe in ratings from coingecko and coinmarketcap since they are rated by high marketcap and volume but what OP lists says is a personal rating based on personal interest, this ratings aren't for someone like me, EOS can be the first for you while NEO can be the first on my own list
Most of the people here seem to be more interested in Coinmaretcap because this website is the most valuable checker site in the crypto market and of course updates every hour so that investors understand what is happening. I always go to this site to check for coins because all the information about that project is listed here so I don't have to spend too much time searching.
You can also use ratings coming from https://crypto.co/, it's just established last 2019 but I can say it's the most reliable source for cryptocurrencies information. They also provide the latest news from cryptocurrency. It is also connected to more than 7000 cryptocurrency exchanges and markets.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 05:20:44 PM

Personally, I don't believe in any ratings. Using information from such sites, I made mistakes several times and now the trust has disappeared. I think you need to trust your intuition and your analysis. And only then invest.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 05:43:39 PM

~snip
Some rating agencies are being paid for giving higher rating for some projects. Why? because it will help the the project to gain trust and attract investors. But I guess smart investors won't just believe what an rating site says.

Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 06:31:06 PM

no i don't, because i only believe in my analysis my friend
i hope people will do their own research rather than believe in a crypto ratings site
That's great if you trust your own analysis because most of the crypto rating sites are purely fake.

I'm not saying all of them because some of them are almost precise but the fact is that the average crypto rating site leads to a scam that results in huge losses to potential investors.

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 09:46:05 PM

no i don't, because i only believe in my analysis my friend
i hope people will do their own research rather than believe in a crypto ratings site
That's great if you trust your own analysis because most of the crypto rating sites are purely fake.

I'm not saying all of them because some of them are almost precise but the fact is that the average crypto rating site leads to a scam that results in huge losses to potential investors.
There are many crypto rating sites that are reliable on their first run and getting crap ratings after they accept offers from different projects. They are being biased on paid ratings that lead their crypto rating site into an unreliable one. It's better to make your own research and analysis especially if you are planning to make an investment in projects. Crypto rating sites lose their integrity just by being paid and that's the reason why people lose their trust from this kind of site.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 07:14:59 AM

As far as i feel

Ratings/Review are very subjective towards person and when it comes to paid review or incentives ratings
It can be biased towards the project

Thus, i will be using ratings as an additional information but wouldn't use it as the primary benchmark
lienfaye

Activity: 2954
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 07:50:24 AM

As far as i feel

Ratings/Review are very subjective towards person and when it comes to paid review or incentives ratings

Thus, i will be using ratings as an additional information but wouldn't use it as the primary benchmark
Thats right, dont rely too much on ratings, just like what you have said it can be bias.

So the best thing to do is exert an effort to gather information about the project you wanted to invest in and verify if the ratings given were acceptable to say that it has basis.

Dont believe easily and check everything that can lead you to know the real status of the project.

hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 04:09:41 AM

Crypto rating site is very useful, but we should not relying 100% just from the rating site.
When we want to buy some coins to hold, we must take a look into the project as well, not only from rating site.
Once we get enough information about the coin, then we can decide if we want to buy it or not.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 06:26:36 AM

As far as i feel

Definitely the case even in stock market reviews which are highly regulated by SEC. The crypto ratings are not regulated and people mostly use these ratings to shill what they own and do paid promotions

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Lantind

Activity: 2296
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:09:21 AM

Crypto rating site is very useful, but we should not relying 100% just from the rating site.
When we want to buy some coins to hold, we must take a look into the project as well, not only from rating site.
Once we get enough information about the coin, then we can decide if we want to buy it or not.
Yes, it means that someone has to do research from various sides to find out the right information on a coin that he wants to buy, because if only one side is very risky as well and it is feared that the information is false or completely untrue as has been seen on several sites coin rank.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:24:31 AM

It would depend on the site if it is ratings for ICO or any initial offering crypto's then my answer would be a big "NO".
But if it would be a rating on the crypto that is already been listed to exchange and something like coinmarketcap then Yes I believe in their ratings.
But I only look on the top crypto's in the rating I don't really spend time to look for the low rating coins.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1305

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:26:41 AM

As far as i feel

Thats right, dont rely too much on ratings, just like what you have said it can be bias.

So the best thing to do is exert an effort to gather information about the project you wanted to invest in and verify if the ratings given were acceptable to say that it has basis.

Dont believe easily and check everything that can lead you to know the real status of the project.
Very often, reviews are made for money, or YouTube bounty leads to the fact that there are a lot of reviews that are not true and not of high quality. I would not trust ratings either, because they are all subjective. That's right, you need to study the project yourself, but reviews and ratings can be just as supporting information.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2020, 08:52:37 AM

Very often, reviews are made for money, or YouTube bounty leads to the fact that there are a lot of reviews that are not true and not of high quality. I would not trust ratings either, because they are all subjective. That's right, you need to study the project yourself, but reviews and ratings can be just as supporting information.

it is an usual practice that project is paying for a good review on ICO or similar websites, and one should not trust them blindly

crypto rating sites are good to see where the project faith is at the moment, but deeper research is needed before investment, to see if particular investment is suit for your needs, since it is not easy to pick one in terms of longevity and return on investment
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 08:59:20 AM

In fact, it is dangerous for new projects to have a trust rating because they can earn this rating for money, so look carefully. However, I have seen that many rating sites shut down and there is no update work because investors do not trust all these rating sites now. So with the advent of crypto time it has changed which is why everyone has forgotten the plot of the rating site.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 10:07:11 AM

The rating is some how to me as a mistake rated,that Bitcoin is in number 12 position in crypto rating which EOS came first in crypto rating. We all know that Bitcoin is so popular in cryptocurrencies compare to EOS, Ethereum, Litecoin etc.

I think the person that rated the crypto to give bitcoin 12 position, lack personal Research. Even in my country according to companies rating, they gave BTC first position among all cryptocurrencies in the world. And many investors confirmed, that some best coins they are enjoying in the market right now is Bitcoin profit.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
OpenBitLab

Activity: 261
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 10:32:56 AM

In 2017-2018 it was a shame, ICO projects were able to buy their rating and get high scores.
Despite that, it's impossible to daily track the features of each protocol, so ratings are useful as an initial screening outcome. In addition, many crypto holders are not tech guys and have to trust third parties that perform code audit and rate the security level.

Consensys has developed a methodology for assessing risk in permissionless lending platforms, Codefi, that is an open framework for evaluating DeFi Protocols: https://codefi.consensys.net/defi-score

I am also working on a Defi APY tracker, using Codefi rate to make an initial selection of trusted protocols (here you can join our Yield Farming Survey).
Zeronic

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 11:20:47 AM

The crypto ratings is basically supported by an ICO or any project. So i can’t believe that ratings or anything, and i like better to have some research for myself, especially for my investment, and choose carefully.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: