Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would like to brute force a BIP38 for me ?  (Read 306 times)
cyptomania (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 05:17:18 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

Taking a chance here but you are too,I'll explain.

If you read my other posts you'll see that I got out my old computer and found tons of old wallets I had a a paper file folder full of stuff,I cleared up them all except a few,1 is running on finderouter,1 is lost forever but I have a few more things I found.

I created this wallet back in 2012-14,I have the private key for it but have no idea what the BIP38 is,back then I would have bought 20-50 bucks of BTC.

Here's the thing,I am on a data plan,I don't have unlimited data,with finderouter running I can't run another search right now,I need someone to do it if they want,the BIP38 would not be really long,8-10 probably but I have no idea what it is ?  So if anyone wants to try it I'll split 50/50 but I will tell you that it might be 0 BTC.

So if you want to take a chance let me know,I'm taking a chance by passing it off as once you have the key it is your and I'm hoping your honest.

I do not know the wallet because bitaddress doesn't tell me,just that the key is right and asks for the BIP38.
One more time though,it could be 0.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 05:48:08 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I created this wallet back in 2012-14,I have the private key for it but have no idea what the BIP38 is,back then I would have bought 20-50 bucks of BTC.
according to the github repository BIP38 was created on Nov. 2012, and it would have taken some time to be added to a user friendly tool for you to encrypt a key using it. are you sure what you have is from then and is BIP38?

So if anyone wants to try it I'll split 50/50 but I will tell you that it might be 0 BTC.
the way i understand this BIP you must have the address otherwise you can not brute force it. because when you decrypt it using AES the key is derived from scrypt using the hash of the address. in other words if you don't have the address then you can't derive that key and you can't even begin to try different passwords in AES256Decrypt.
by the way since you say you don't know the balance i am assuming you don't know the address!

There is a FOMO brewing...
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 05:51:11 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1), BrewMaster (1)

Probably you have encrypted private key with BIP38 passphrase during genarate private keys. You may read this article to know more About BIP38 password-encrypted paper wallets

This video could help you - Recover your Encrypted Bip38 Private Key - Install Guide . You could learn from here and try yourself. I will not prefer to handover your wallet credential to the third party. But if you can't do it yourself then you may choose any very trusted person from forum who know about it. Perhaps you would received PM from scammer, they will promise you to recover your funds. Be careful from them, just try to discuse openly here.

Otherwise you may try walletrecoveryservice, seems they are trusted enough on the forum.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cyptomania (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 05:58:11 PM

That's correct I don't know the address it's just a key I wrote down which is correct it's easily readable and bitaddress wants the BIP38 so without the address looks like it's lost coins,oh well.

Thanks guys.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:48:26 PM
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

That's correct I don't know the address it's just a key I wrote down which is correct it's easily readable and bitaddress wants the BIP38 so without the address looks like it's lost coins,oh well.

Thanks guys.

I just wrote to an email to the service suggested above (WalletRecoveryServices) and according to Dave (the owner of the site) it should be possible to crack the password without knowing the address associated with the encrypted private key.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 08:27:58 PM

I just wrote to an email to the service suggested above (WalletRecoveryServices) and according to Dave (the owner of the site) it should be possible to crack the password without knowing the address associated with the encrypted private key.
That would be great if they could brute force password without address. @cyptomania should use this service if it couldn't done by yourself. Rather than choose some untrusted person or untrusted website walletrecoveryservice is quite safe IMO. Perhaps they will take 20% of total fund from your wallet and I believe it's quite reasonable price.

Hope OP will be able to recover his fund if there is any. Best of luck for OP.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 04:24:32 AM

that's interesting. i wish their system was open source so i could take a look at the code and figure out how it works, i am very curious.
do you know any other BIP38 recovery tools that is open source and i could look at?

There is a FOMO brewing...
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 12:00:04 PM

that's interesting. i wish their system was open source so i could take a look at the code and figure out how it works, i am very curious.
do you know any other BIP38 recovery tools that is open source and i could look at?

wouldnt all they need to do is check whatever addy the program spits out and see if theres a history? it would need to check the addys anyway as runs.

but then again i may be completely misunderstanding this thread. apologies if that is the case.
TheArchaeologist

Activity: 310
Merit: 727

---------> 1231006505

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2020, 01:23:13 PM

So you say you have the private key but you mean you have the encrypted Private Key using BIP38? Because if you have the private key than you've got all you need. Just to check does your private key start with a 6?

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 01:55:59 PM
Merited by BrewMaster (1)

Found some (on Reddit):

- https://github.com/cscott/bip38-cracker
- https://github.com/cculianu/brute38/

I haven't tried them, so I can't tell you how efficent or fast they are.

You can also take a look at the one used in the video @Coolcryptovator shared.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cyptomania (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 03:35:15 PM

Hi yes it's stats with 6,at bitaddress it works fine but then the Passphrase box comes up.

The wallet recovery guys won't do it because I really have no idea whats in there,it could be 0 BTC.

On another note I posted about removing a wallet.dat form a .rar file,I gave up looking at that post because everyone is telling me the .rar is encrypted(how they know this without seeing it is puzzling).

The .rar is not encrypted,it opens up fine but when I double click the wallet.dat it asks for a password which I used once to open it but back in 2012 once then the file was forgotten,buried in my old Thinkpad until a month ago.

I can't run any type of brute force on it because it's not an encrypted .rar and the program(what-ever brute force you like) won't work,you can't brute force something with no password,I need to somehow remove the wallet.dat from the .rar file,then I can run a brute force on the wallet.dat.

No one seems to know how to get this wallet.dat out of there,maybe it can't be done ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: