Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 12:14:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase help?  (Read 151 times)
Lyon2006 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:19:05 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

Hello. I’m new to crypto. I recently got verified with Coinbase. My bank account has been verified. I added my bank for ach and for wire as well.

Question: I plan on wiring money to my account. Most people I see on YouTube showing how days they get a reference number. Do they still give those? Or will I be ok just wiring the money without one? I figured they would know it’s me because my account is connected. Thanks for your help. Sorry for noob question and if this is in wrong section.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18639

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:43:45 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (2)

Do they still give those?
It depends. Are you using Coinbase or Coinbase Pro. Which fiat currency are you trying to deposit in?

If you are depositing USD to Coinbase, then see the following (emphasis mine):

Coinbase can only accept wires if:

The name on the bank wire matches the legal name on your Coinbase account
    The wire is sent from a US-based bank account
    The account the wire is sent from is associated with your Coinbase profile—your bank account cannot be linked to another Coinbase account. Also, please note that you can only have one personal Coinbase account
    Your unique reference code or Coinbase wire account number is included with the wire deposit*

Note: Wire deposits are only available for amounts of $5,000 or more. You must have completed sufficient account verification to obtain a USD wallet.

*We are currently in the process of replacing reference codes with a unique Virtual Account Number (VAN). The Virtual Account Number is assigned specifically to you just like a reference code. You will receive an email once your account number has been assigned. Please refer to the email for further instructions.
So in this scenario you may have the reference code that you refer to, or you may be given a virtual account number instead.

If you are depositing EUR, then it will be a reference code:
Include your unique reference code in your bank transfer EXACTLY as it appears. No spaces or additional text please.

If you are in any doubt, I would send a small transaction first to confirm it is working before sending a larger one. If you get this wrong, your fiat will not be credited to your account and you will have to spend weeks or months with Coinbase's awful customer service to sort it out.
Lyon2006 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 07:14:05 PM

Ok. Thanks. Im using normal Coinbase.
The problem is I didn’t receive either number in email and can’t locate on my account. When I hit to deposit and choose bank wire, it simply gives me their contact info.  I was afraid that they would try and hold it like you said and I have found their customer support is non existent.  Any other services for USA that is better ?  Thanks.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6188

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 07:27:23 PM

The problem is I didn’t receive either number in email and can’t locate on my account. When I hit to deposit and choose bank wire, it simply gives me their contact info.  I was afraid that they would try and hold it like you said and I have found their customer support is non existent.  Any other services for USA that is better ?  Thanks.

There is Gemini.com. I haven't used them myself but based on the reviews and testimonials I've read online, their fiat deposits/withdrawals are supposed to be way faster.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 09:56:30 PM

you should switch to coinbase pro. their regular site adds big fees and then puts a hold up to 10 days on your buys.

are you depositing more than $25k at a time? if not, then ACH transfers are probably fine. they are free on both sides and withdrawals always hit my bank account in ~ 2 days. i'm in the USA.

as @OmegaStarScream said, gemini may be your next best bet. there is also kraken. but before you go throwing your KYC documents all over the internet---presumably you already verified at coinbase---you might try to get things working at coinbase first. i've never had any problems depositing/withdrawing myself, but i've also never used their regular interface, only coinbase pro.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: