Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:04:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HONEYWELL Quantum Computer: what does it mean to BTC  (Read 623 times)
shata (OP)

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 03:46:40 AM
Merited by nutildah (1)

I didn`t claim to have any knowledge or expertise on quantum computer; I am just curious about the industry and how beautiful they are bringing technology from our current state to the future.

However, this topic may supply ideas about how quantum worked as it is. Well to summarize its ultimate function here`s the first, traditional computing bits are in a state of either “0” or “1”, which mean it cannot solved easily the problem. With quantum computer, both 0s` and 1s` are working simultaneously, making it possible to solved problems with multiple probable solutions, this is called “quantum superposition”. This is in fact the science of quantum physics.

As I`ve do the math Huh in google, I found out that it can really poised risk on certain features which is underlying on blockchain technology to mostly in its minimal, to mention few are “How Private Addresses might compromised its encryption and mining capabilities”.

Well, forget about adresses because it is prone to hack but to mining industry, its risky knowing super computer with huge computing power can do the algorithm faster than the actual mining state. If one miner can gain access to quantum computer, they could produce hashes very quickly and gain dominance, leaving the network exposed to 51% attack.

For more details, click me…

Self Reflection

Which off-course, on my views could possibly be risky, however, given that bitcoin developers are not behind  of such technology - perhaps "quantum resistant encryption scheme" might work...

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noblefire

Activity: 6
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 05:32:50 AM
Merited by OgNasty (2), nutildah (1)

I do not claim to be an expert in quantum computing or even quantum physics. But I do have some prior knowledge on the subject.

The beauty of bitcoin is that it is open source and allows people to make changes in the code which makes it scalable and relatively adaptable. There are quantum-resistant protocols out there. The threat that quantum computing poses to bitcoin is very much the problem quantum computing poses on any SHA-26 encryption, however, research is already underway to counter this threat.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-37110-4_9
This is a link to a research paper that specifically looks into how these protocols can be used to make bitcoin quantum-resistant.

The fact bitcoin uses SHA-26 encryption is nice because it means when an industry-standard algorithm comes out to provide quantum-resistant encryption, it can easily be adopted by the users of the network, and network users will have the incentive to make the switch.

The threat lies between now and when these algorithms are available. I'm not worried so much about Honeywell or another research quantum-computer being used to launch a 51% attack on the BTC network, I'm more worried about a nation-state like China trying to use the technology to take down bitcoin, but I will say that with the power quantum-computers have, I'm sure bitcoin isn't high on the list of targets for quantum-cyber attacks, I would assume China would be more interested in using that technology against other quantum-computing capable nations.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 06:54:20 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2020, 07:23:32 AM by franky1
Merited by philipma1957 (2), Darker45 (2), witcher_sense (2), shata (2), ABCbits (1)

time to uncover the myths of quantum

quantum is not some weird SCI-FI extra dimension.
nor is it creating new things.
instead its just measuring the previously before unmeasurable. and being more accurate than previous technology

take for instance the visual spectrum of light. our eyes only see a mixture of a certain amount of the primary colours.. yet we then made tech that measured infrared and ultraviolet and used it for things like night vision goggles and heat detection

thats quantum. where we first thought the only colours were a mix of the primary colours because thats all we seen previously

now quantum computers. is not 0's and 1's and maybe 0's and maybe 1's.. but instead its the new ability to not measure things in only 2 dimensions of 0 and 1. but more dimensions/steps/variables.
take for instance binary being 0 volts of electric as 0 and 1 volt of electric as 1.
and in the past volt meters found it hard to measure 0.33v or 0.66v so people just stuck with 0 and 1 volt and only 2 measures they can use predictable/comfortably without much error

now imagine we can accurately without error measure the difference between 0v,0.33v,0.66vand 1v meaning now we can have 4 variables per pulse/transister instead of 2.

now instead of jsut yes or no/on off/true false. we can have more expressive choices in 4 options
so instead of single direction stop forward. we can have
stop, left, right forward(3d vectors instead of 2d)
so instead of single options yes or no. we can have
no, sometimes, most times, yes

all of this opens up more options. allowing a base 2 to become base 4
it allows hex to be stored in just 2 'bits' instead of 4 bits
it allows base64 to be stored in 3 'bits' instead of 6 bits
so 8bits can store a numeric of 65536 instead of just 256

its not some sci fi extra dimensional universe. its just standard 'dimensions' of going from 2d to 3d

now that simple lesson has sunk in
quantum computers wont do much for the efficiency of 256bit hashing.. at most expect 2x efficiency gain.
so dont worry much about anyone making a quantum super computer to out hash the network
the millions of binary based ASICS far far far outpace any quantum systems of any scale for the forseeable future

but the signature process of the eliptic curve is more vector based than binary/hex based and binary computers are not good at these vectors, but quantum is.
however this is not some massive change.
firstly the path of bits a quantum system follows to get to the destination is different then the path a binary system would. so trying to go from a binary problem to a qubit puzzle thenback to a binary solution will not always get the intended binary result

take for instance
needing to get to 256
in binary its answer is 11111111
in quantum(0,1,2,3) it could be
3333 using jsut 4 bits, where if 3 represents 1v in qubit would be 1v in binary thus 1111
thus not the answer a binary system would recognise as 256 but instead as 16
thus a translater that turns each qubit into 2binary bits.
q0=b00
q1=b10
q2=b01
q3=b11
thus reducing the efficiency of the process by having to decompress quantum to binary per try

and keep in mind if it takes a few eons(millions of millions of years) for binary to brute force  bitcoin signature. it will still take thousands of years for quantum.

in short quantum is not some new magic that jsut uses magic glitter dust to come to an answer
it just is a transister based system using 4 options instead of 2. and requires the system to be kept at a very very low temperature to keep it able to measure the smaller variables inbetween

p.s
those who have read stories that its wormhole tech/alternative universe/different dimension sci-fi.. its not. its just the patent owners are deliberately trying to be deceptive about the meaning of different dimension. to avoid competitors from stealing the real concepts and making better alternatives faster and cheaper before the patent owners get their competitive head start

if you want to avoid the myths.
binary has 2 'gates' quantum has 4 'gates'
(well some researchers are now seeing how practical/possible it would be to measure 8 gates.. but thats for future generations to play with)

hopefully i dumbed things down enough for beginners

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:44:06 AM

Before you fear about the damage Quantum computers may do to BTC, fear the damage it is capable of doing to everything else that is computer/internet-related.

Just because they exist, it does not mean that they are available for hackers or negative-minded individuals yet. The entire internet/computer domain has to move towards a position where they're safe from these computers before they become widely available - nobody is that blind to let this become the thing without proper precautions. They probably pose as much of a risk to the average equipment as NASA's computers from 1995 posed for the average equipment at the time.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 08:45:43 AM
Merited by joniboini (4), nutildah (2), Darker45 (2), ABCbits (1)

~
I don't think that's accurate - I know we've been here before though. The advantage of quantum processing is in the superposition, the ability to explore many paths at once - but it still resolves to a classical 0/1 outcome.

---

I didn`t claim to have any knowledge or expertise on quantum computer; I am just curious about the industry and how beautiful they are bringing technology from our current state to the future.
For Honeywell specifically, I am skeptical because of the metric they've chosen to use:

In early March 2020, Honeywell International joined the race to create a quantum computer. The company is preparing to release the most powerful system in the world.

The manufacturer of industrial equipment for the aerospace sector says its quantum computer will double the performance of the most powerful quantum machine available today. Their new system will have 64 cubic meters, while the fastest quantum computer built by IBM will have 32 cubic meters.

Whilst it's good that more companies are getting involved, I'm extremely skeptical of Honeywell's claim. Their assessment is based on the assumption that Quantum Volume is the defining metric for QC power, and that's very much open to question. Quantum Volume is the metric that IBM uses:

Quantum Volume (QV) is a hardware-agnostic metric that we defined to measure the performance of a real quantum computer. Each system we develop brings us along a path where complex problems will be more efficiently addressed by quantum computing; therefore, the need for system benchmarks is crucial, and simply counting qubits is not enough. As we have discussed in the past, Quantum Volume takes into account the number of qubits, connectivity, and gate and measurement errors. Material improvements to underlying physical hardware, such as increases in coherence times, reduction of device crosstalk, and software circuit compiler efficiency, can point to measurable progress in Quantum Volume, as long as all improvements happen at a similar pace.

The thing is... absolutely no-one else uses that metric. IBMs QC is currently the most powerful in the world, based on Quantum Volume, because it is the only one that uses Quantum Volume as a metric.
It looks like Honeywell are trying to put out a QC that is more powerful than IBM's, using Quantum Volume to determine that power... thereby becoming the "most powerful" QC in the world by improving on its only competitor on that metric.

It is great that another company is entering the space, and it will certainly be a big achievement if newcomers Honeywell can out-perform IBM... I just think that the "most powerful" claim is a little misleading.

---

As I`ve do the math Huh in google, I found out that it can really poised risk on certain features which is underlying on blockchain technology to mostly in its minimal, to mention few are “How Private Addresses might compromised its encryption and mining capabilities”.
I've shared this a few times, and make no apology for doing so again - it's all open to discussion of course, I'm not claiming to be any authority on the subject, just an enthusiast - but here's my summary of how quantum computing can and will affect bitcoin:

Hi all  Smiley I thought I’d try to summarise Bitcoin's vulnerabilities to Quantum Computers, as well as some potential defences, and get it all in one post. Apologies for the wall of text, but hopefully it is useful...

Mining can potentially be much quicker with QCs.
The current PoW difficulty system can be exploited by a Quantum Computer using Grover’s algorithm to drastically reduce the number of computational steps required to solve the problem. The theorised advantage that a quantum computer (or parallelised QCs) have over classical computers is a couple of orders of magnitude, so ~x100 easier to mine. This isn’t necessarily a game-changer, as this QC speed advantage is likely to be some years away, by which time classical computers will surely have increased speed to reduce the QC advantage significantly. It is worth remembering that QCs aren’t going up against run-of-the-mill standard equipment here, but rather against the very fast ASICs that have been set up specifically for mining.

Re-used BTC addresses are 100% vulnerable to QCs.
Address Re-Use. Simply, any address that is re-used is 100% vulnerable because a QC can use Shor’s algorithm to break public-key cryptography. This is a quantum algorithm designed specifically to solve for prime factors. As with Grover’s algorithm, the key is in dramatically reducing the number of computational steps required to solve the problem. The upshot is that for any known public key, a QC can use Shor’s approach to derive the private key. The vulnerability cannot be overstated here. Any re-used address is utterly insecure.

Processed (accepted) transactions are theoretically somewhat vulnerable to QCs.
Theoretically possible because the QC can derive private keys from used addresses. In practice however processed transactions are likely to be quite secure as QCs would need to out-hash the network to double spend.

Unprocessed (pending) transactions are extremely vulnerable to QCs.
As above, a QC can derive a private key from a public key. So for any unprocessed transaction, a QC attacker can obtain the private key and then create their own transaction whilst offering a much higher fee, so that the attacker’s transaction gets onto the blockchain first, ahead of the genuine transaction. So block interval and QC speed are both crucial here – it all depends on whether or not the a QC can hack the key more quickly than the block is processed.

Possible defences...

Defences using classical computers.
  • Modify the PoW system such that QCs don’t have any advantage over classical computers. Defending PoW is not as important as defending signatures (as above), because PoW is less vulnerable. However various approaches that can protect PoW against QCs are under development, such as Cuckoo Cycle, Momentum and Equihash.
  • Modify the signature system to prevent easy derivation of private keys. Again, various approaches are under development, which use some pretty esoteric maths. There are hash-based approaches such as XMSS and SPHINCS, but more promising (as far as I can tell) are the lattice-based approaches such as Dilithium, which I think is already used by Komodo.

Defences using quantum computers.
As I’ve said a few times, I’m more of a bumbling enthusiast than an expert, but exploiting quantum properties to defend against QC attack seems to me a very good idea. In theory properties such as entanglement and the uncertainty principle can offer an unbreakable defence. Again, people are busy researching this area. There are some quite astonishing ideas out there, such as this one.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:26:15 PM
Merited by bitmover (2)

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies use the same underlying cryptography as banks, the Internet and other modern forms of communication. If a quantum computer could crack Bitcoin, we would have much bigger problems, because it would also crack banks, military communications, government secrets and so on. If cryptographic community isn't worried about these quantum computer developments, then neither should you.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MrMojoRising26

Activity: 593
Merit: 705

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:37:04 PM

However, this topic may supply ideas about how quantum worked as it is. Well to summarize its ultimate function here`s the first, traditional computing bits are in a state of either “0” or “1”, which mean it cannot solved easily the problem. With quantum computer, both 0s` and 1s` are working simultaneously, making it possible to solved problems with multiple probable solutions, this is called “quantum superposition”. This is in fact the science of quantum physics.

Well, forget about adresses because it is prone to hack but to mining industry, its risky knowing super computer with huge computing power can do the algorithm faster than the actual mining state. If one miner can gain access to quantum computer, they could produce hashes very quickly and gain dominance, leaving the network exposed to 51% attack.

For more details, click me…

Self Reflection

Which off-course, on my views could possibly be risky, however, given that bitcoin developers are not behind  of such technology - perhaps "quantum resistant encryption scheme" might work...
Well it depends on what they use it for I guess. I am more concered about super computers in general like when a computer is smarter then all the human brains in the world combined we are screwed! we will end up living in a terminator world someday
CryptoLordguru

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

play bold and get rewarded!!

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 08:02:24 PM

Well it depends on what they use it for I guess. I am more concered about super computers in general like when a computer is smarter then all the human brains in the world combined we are screwed! we will end up living in a terminator world someday
[/quote] How can one develop a supercomputer if one doesn't have a superbrain? There is no need to be concern at this point and I believe whoever has that much brain, they will not risk human race. They will indeed make sure that it is developed for our interest or they won't develop at all.
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5921

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2020, 08:15:03 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies use the same underlying cryptography as banks, the Internet and other modern forms of communication. If a quantum computer could crack Bitcoin, we would have much bigger problems, because it would also crack banks, military communications, government secrets and so on. If cryptographic community isn't worried about these quantum computer developments, then neither should you.

Certainly. It would be a global cryptography crisis, which would lead even to a cyber security crisis which would lead to an even bigger financial crisis.

Additionally, it is silly to believe that proccessing power would develop and cryptography wouldn't develop at the same time. As proccessing power goes up, cryptographers will create new and more complex solutions for those super computers to solve.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
shata (OP)

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 02:16:19 AM

BTC #QC

time to uncover the myths of quantum

p.s
those who have read stories that its wormhole tech/alternative universe/different dimension sci-fi.. its not. its just the patent owners are deliberately trying to be deceptive about the meaning of different dimension. to avoid competitors from stealing the real concepts and making better alternatives faster and cheaper before the patent owners get their competitive head start

if you want to avoid the myths.
binary has 2 'gates' quantum has 4 'gates'
(well some researchers are now seeing how practical/possible it would be to measure 8 gates.. but thats for future generations to play with)

hopefully i dumbed things down enough for beginners

As long as we didn't see the objective use case of quantum computing in our technological time, it is still unclear ( i mean it is not public, but conspiracies will)

What everyone could always believed was the conspiracies underlying the issue of BTC on behalf.

Before you fear about the damage Quantum computers may do to BTC, fear the damage it is capable of doing to everything else that is computer/internet-related.

Just because they exist, it does not mean that they are available for hackers or negative-minded individuals yet. The entire internet/computer domain has to move towards a position where they're safe from these computers before they become widely available - nobody is that blind to let this become the thing without proper precautions. They probably pose as much of a risk to the average equipment as NASA's computers from 1995 posed for the average equipment at the time.

And this one is true, bitcoin is attached to the internet, so in the first place, internet network will be the significant one to be aware of (not for the public users), but by tech developers out there.

Whereas, the problem of bitcoin could all over world; all users in the world using bitcoin (including tech geeks and users/investors). Not to mention that it is currency online something that impacted cryptoeconomis.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
JOIN NOW
Lorence.xD

Activity: 1624
Merit: 315

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 02:45:25 AM

How can one develop a supercomputer if one doesn't have a superbrain? There is no need to be concern at this point and I believe whoever has that much brain, they will not risk human race. They will indeed make sure that it is developed for our interest or they won't develop at all.
[/quote]
The usage of quantum computer are not for public use yet, and the companies that are using building their quantum computer are only on its test phase, like Google for faster webcrawling algorithm and whatnot, the public usage of quantum computer is still a long way because as I said before they are still on the test phase and even if they have it already, they will use it probably for complex equations such as precise landing for space exploration and such, the quantum computing does not pose a threat in my opinion because we are reaching a plateau in computing speed and quantum computing will be the solution.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 6381

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 05:38:29 AM

Last time I've read about quantum computers, there was a problem with the vibrations: a truck passing nearby could affect the results of the computer. If that's still not fixed, QC is not reliable for anything more than lab tests. The longer the task (like cracking Bitcoin) the bigger the chance a vibration has broken the results. So Bitcoin, the banking system, communication and so on ... we are safe.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 05:55:43 AM

Last time I've read about quantum computers, there was a problem with the vibrations: a truck passing nearby could affect the results of the computer. If that's still not fixed, QC is not reliable for anything more than lab tests. The longer the task (like cracking Bitcoin) the bigger the chance a vibration has broken the results. So Bitcoin, the banking system, communication and so on ... we are safe.

What if they put a quantum computer inside a bunker?The problem with vibrations might be solved. Grin
Anyway,I think the quantum computers are way over-hyped as a technology,kinda like the blockchain technology.They are still very expensive to create and implement and they still have major flaws.
I'm no expert in quantum computers,but I assume that they will become a thing after 20 years.
There's still time for Bitcoin/blockchain technology to improve .

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 10550

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 06:33:16 AM
Merited by bitmover (1)

Certainly. It would be a global cryptography crisis, which would lead even to a cyber security crisis which would lead to an even bigger financial crisis.

Additionally, it is silly to believe that proccessing power would develop and cryptography wouldn't develop at the same time. As proccessing power goes up, cryptographers will create new and more complex solutions for those super computers to solve.

that is exactly what has been happening for centuries, even before computers as cryptography predates computers. it is a never ending struggle to always stay ahead of the technology when it comes to cryptography. the most recent one that is in our lifetime and popular is the SHA-1 hash algorithm which became obsolete years before they found the first collision by spending a tremendous amount of computing power. by that time nobody was even using SHA-1 for anything security critical.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 06:42:50 AM

QCs aren't magical tech given by some unearthly being. While we don't fully understand the realm of quantum physics yet, several advancements on the field has led us to exploiting and perusing quantum superposition in computing. This isn't exactly as scary as some people are trying to imply. Think of it as a very good computer being a lot more accurate and a lot more faster than the fastest computer that we have today, and that's what you get. By the time we reach QCs with enough capability to render most crypto algorithms useless, we are already ahead of said tech and exploits used by QC won't affect said algorithms. Heck, even before a commercially-produced QC is in the market, we are already developing several quantum-resistant algorithms capable of withstanding attacks from a QC. The tech is good and promising, but crypto enthusiasts know that they need to be always ahead of the tech by a mile, and I'm pretty sure BTC devs are in the same line of thinking so I think we'll be good.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
arayde

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 06:50:14 AM

Im not sure that company like this who building quantum computers for science will use them to hack bitcoin

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 264

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2020, 07:02:20 AM

Yes Quantum computers are commonly used by hackers to hack This is not a very secure computer they have all the access In that case they get our personal information very easily. With technology, this computer will never be able to rise because its circulation is much less There is not much interest in using this computer when working in crypto.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 6381

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 07:11:41 AM

What if they put a quantum computer inside a bunker?The problem with vibrations might be solved. Grin

Earth crust always helps with smaller earthquakes now and then. They can be felt by instruments at great distances and they don't really have a schedule on where and when they strike.

Anyway,I think the quantum computers are way over-hyped as a technology,kinda like the blockchain technology.They are still very expensive to create and implement and they still have major flaws.
I'm no expert in quantum computers,but I assume that they will become a thing after 20 years.
There's still time for Bitcoin/blockchain technology to improve .

At least blockchain technology gave us Bitcoin and its chain, which works very well. QC is only at hype and lab-test phase.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 12:15:03 PM

It isn't just physical vibrations, it's any interaction with the world outside the quantum system. The system needs to be perfectly isolated - or as near perfect as can be managed. Any interaction can lead to loss of information through the collapse of the wave function. Electromagnetic fields or any form of radiation can trigger loss of quantum coherence. This is why quantum computers have to be cooled close to absolute zero.

The biggest challenge to developing a workable, large-scale quantum computer is not simply increasing the number of qubits to increase the processing power, it's reducing decoherence to a manageable level. Obviously as we add qubits then decoherence becomes more of an issue, because we increase heat in the system - but it is this decoherence rather than number of qubits that is the primary obstacle.

We also need to understand that the underlying physics here - interaction with the outside environment leading to collapse of the wave function - is precisely what allows measurement of a quantum system to occur in the first place. Where a normal classical bit can be 0 (off) or 1(on) depending on flow of current, a system of entangled qubits is more of a probabilistic smear of values across 0 and 1 and everything in between. When we then try to take measurement, we collapse the wave function into a definite 0 or 1 value. This is how quantum computers work, and how (in certain circumstances and for certain use cases) they provide a phenomenal advantage over classical computers. QCs can, through entanglement, process many possibilities at once, whilst still, through collapse, evaluating to a definite binary yes/no end state.

Yatsan
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1231

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 12:41:41 PM
Merited by shata (1)

The problem with quantum computers today is that, it is still on early stage, although it is cool and fancy to hear the word 'quantum' in  it, like quantum physics, the complexity of it is still hidden to our understanding, what we have is just all an idea of it on how it really works. We don't even know if it can break the blockchain, well 'ideally' it can but can we made a quantum computer that strong? I believe we will not be having blockchain forever, that's for sure as the world tech advances there will be a greater system than it, however I don't think the main purpose of quantum computing is to break the cryptography in the first place.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄