Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum transactions not going through  (Read 216 times)
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 09:50:20 AM

I tried sending a small amount of tokens yesterday to see if the transaction goes through but it has been 22 hours and the transaction is stuck. Gas price is 15 gwei and gas limit is 300000. What's the min gas price for getting a confirmation? I have seen transactions with lesser values getting confirmed. My txs always got confirmed earlier but now it is stuck.
If you send the transaction with minimum fee but while you are making the transaction the number of unconfirmed transaction in the blockchain increases which will put your transaction in low priority because other transactions might been created with more fee so they will get faster confirmation.But nothing to worry it will be confirmed in few more hours.
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2020, 12:51:08 PM

I tried sending a small amount of tokens yesterday to see if the transaction goes through but it has been 22 hours and the transaction is stuck. Gas price is 15 gwei and gas limit is 300000. What's the min gas price for getting a confirmation? I have seen transactions with lesser values getting confirmed. My txs always got confirmed earlier but now it is stuck.

I think the it got hooked up because of the low gwei; next time try to increase the gwei and reduce the gas limit. For over 8 days now; i have noticed that the gweis are around 28-45 when sending transactions. Another way round this is to ensure to use the gwei settings in your wallet; you just have to choose if to use economy or fast or very fast gweis. That way, you won't be stucked at all
Shohag123

Activity: 385
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 01:00:16 PM

Because of ethereum network congestion ethereum transaction with lower fee will require a great amount of time.I have stuck quite a few times when i tried to transfer Eth or ERC20 based coin with a lower fee.Few days ago i have completed my eth transaction with 42 gwei with 100000 gas limit.Now i don’t know what is the perfect amount for fast transaction,but if you want you can try it.I think its better if you increase your gwei and decrease gas limit.Btw the transaction i had mentioned,it cost me 0.32$ in eth

chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 01:19:25 PM

Whenever I make a transaction i always follow the gas on myetherwallet there is only one time that a transaction got stuck when cryptokitty started, congestion on eth network can happen any time, a large transaction or a spam on the network can clutter things up.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 01:54:49 PM

This is almost happening this time. Fees will really matter and this will serve as your priority number which one could take first or be at the last picked by the miners. May we consider the network problem and that it is really intimidating to see our TX sill processing for more than a day, that was worst of it takes a week to confirm.
That is why we have to adjust the fees into a little bit higher otherwise, we will see the same thing in common.
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2020, 03:19:34 PM

Maybe the wallet app you are using This happened to a friend too. He sent eth with normal gas price but it didn't confirm for about an hour. What he did was export the private keys of his trust wallet to imtoken and resent the transaction, and this time, it went through.
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 04:01:12 PM

15 Gwei is very little for now, I am now using 40 - 50 Gwei to be able to send Tokens and Ethereum,
if it is less than that it is usually very long, and fails
erikalui (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2020, 01:51:36 PM

Today all my transactions got confirmed which means it took 3 days to confirm. Also, the transactions I sent later were confirmed in seconds.

b1k4ng

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 01:59:29 PM

Today all my transactions got confirmed which means it took 3 days to confirm. Also, the transactions I sent later were confirmed in seconds.
congratulations because all your transactions were successfully processed. but I advise you to always check https://ethgasstation.info/ before making a transaction.
I do that every time I want to make a transaction and my transactions are always confirmed in just minutes

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: