Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LATOKEN abusing Bitcointalk forum? Is this true?  (Read 104 times)
cheezcarls (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 03:44:34 PM

Hello guys!

I just found this post from Cointelligence founder and CEO On Yavin accusing LAToken for abusing Bitcointalk forum:

https://www.cointelligence.com/content/scammers-weaponize-dmca-complaint/

I also checked his LinkedIn post here: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6681979874237849600/

LAToken has been around for a long while. Recently, they have hosted a series of virtual webinars with guest speakers and pitch competitions as well. I've seen their CEO last year in The Capital by CoinMarketCap at Victoria Theater Singapore, but never talked to him because of my ongoing appointment back then.

What are your thoughts on this scenario guys?

P.S. Feel free to move this topic to scam accusations or reputation if this isn't appropriate here. I just feel that this case is on "investigation" mode, but correct me if I'm wrong later on. Thanks!

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 09:04:38 PM

Feel free to move this topic to scam accusations or reputation if this isn't appropriate here. I just feel that this case is on "investigation" mode, but correct me if I'm wrong later on.

The "Investigations" sub is mainly for threads which dox BCT members, so it's not really in the right place and it won't get read much either.
I don't know what there really is to investigate either, unless you're doubting Yavin's story.
I suggest you move it to "Scam Accusations" so people can read his analysis/hit piece.

Here's what he's talking about.
It's old and LA is still going/scamming?, but he stands by it today.

LATOKEN's User Experience is average. No KYC is required to start trading (a bonus for some and concern for others) and the website quality is fair. Customer support are quick to reply and answer your question. The platform's performance is average at best: many outlets claim LATOKEN is reporting fake volume numbers which are coordinated by the exchange itself to boost its rankings. If true, it must mean that the representation of the platform's performance is questionable - The trade matching engine might appear to withstand a heavy load, but if and when "real" volume comes along we have no way of determining if the infrastructure upon which the exchange is built is capable of handling such situations without hiccups.

Features on LATOKEN are lacking; While there is a wide range of coins to trade, the vast majority of them are illiquid, and if the volume-faking reports are to be believed, then these pairs might even have no liquidity at all. The exchange offers no other trading options other than spot trading and no mobile app, and its only real extra feature is the ability to purchase crypto with a credit card.

The LATOKEN team is large and most are based in Moscow. However, we have received personal testimonies from former LATOKEN employees detailing the sad reality of working at the company: Daily scrutiny from higher ranking employees, a mafia-like behavior by top executives and unheard of business practices endorsed by the company. After cross-examining these type of reports from many different sources, we are sad to report that we believe the human factor at LATOKEN is unworthy of doing business with.

LATOKEN manages to create a considerable social media presence, providing promotions to encourage trading, listing new coins frequently and maintaining several communication channels.

Finally, our Trust in LATOKEN's ability to safeguard user funds is extremely low. While they were never hacked, LATOKEN's regulatory status is quite unclear: it is incorporated in Singapore, where crypto laws could be seen as a bit "loose". They do keep some user funds in cold storage, although they don't mention how much. Additionally, there seems to be a significant amount of users who report that the exchange is making it hard for them to withdraw their money, with the withdrawal system either not working or withholding user funds altogether, and no real help offered or given by the customer support team. We do believe something in the "let-users-withdraw-their-own-money" workflow is broken or at least not functioning as well as it should, and it also might even be a deliberate attempt by the exchange to take money out of users’ pockets.

Finally, we have directly received reports from projects who worked with LATOKEN alongside internal employee testimonies which describe the terrible state of affairs inside the company, the way they deliberately try to scam money out of projects and into their own pockets and so for us - LATOKEN is currently best avoided.

and so on.

It's #1 on DDG.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: