Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO NOT TRUST TO TETHER  (Read 868 times)
inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 01:25:35 PM

either Tether or other stable coins are the same. the same meaning here is do not to be used for investment. but use it as payment. so the concern for money being taken away / scam is getting smaller. because the funds do not last long but only for transactions.

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 07:27:20 PM

I think we have passed the point to wonder if Tether going to be trust or not. In the end, we have to use it to finalize our gain no matter we like it or not.

Yes' you're right.

I forgot that there's no fiat anymore and there are no exchanges that don't use stablecoins and we are forced to exchange to Tether every time we execute a trade. Grin

We've definitely passed a point of no return with Tether. Now it's USDt or bust  Wink
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 07:29:06 PM

because tether is the largest stable coin, it will be difficult to move even if everyone knows this truth.
let's just say this has become a risk that will be experienced if indeed bad predictions will occur.
and also the stable type of coins on the market is quite a lot, maybe it can anticipate if something bad happens.
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 08:44:02 PM

Honestly, I have not yet come across a coin / token that would be suitable for pre-term storage. But why keep your funds sewn into a mattress, we do not live in the Middle Ages when time passed by for a long time and slowly

FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:07:42 PM

It is a pitty that decentralized protocols and its stablecoins can´t provide such stability as Tether can. Look for example at USDQ how it fluctuates, I wouldn't believe it in the long run when it has problem to keep the value in short term.  Roll Eyes

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:17:03 PM

If you are not satisfied with Tether you can choose more transparent alternatives, for example from Binance Labs - BUSD, from Circle and Coinbase Labs - USDC or from Winklevoss brothers - Gemini USD. All of them have third-party audits, so they seem to be trusted.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 09:11:46 AM

I'm not having any reasons to trust tether as I'm not planning them for any of long-term holding. I believe only the traders who are planning to make use of tether with long-term plans must need to worry about its credibility in long run. But, we need to consider its past performance, as far as I'm concerned I'm not seeing any problem with tether to make use of it while we're trading without any plan to hold them.

One of my friend sold 1 BTC for tether when BTC was trading at $18k and the kept that $18k worth of tether within exchange to buy back BTC and when BTC prices fall below $9k, he bought 2 BTC for those tether (if he waited a little more then he might have got chances to buy more BTC when BTC prices fell below $4k levels by December 2018). I am just mentioning about how people are trusting tether and how long they are preferring to hold it.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 09:33:31 AM

If you are not satisfied with Tether you can choose more transparent alternatives, for example from Binance Labs - BUSD, from Circle and Coinbase Labs - USDC or from Winklevoss brothers - Gemini USD. All of them have third-party audits, so they seem to be trusted.

BUSD is much better than USDT, because at least in the case of that token, it is being managed by one of the most reputable cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. One thing I don't like about USDT is that they have increased the circulating supply very steeply during the recent months. Tether is now the 3rd largest cryptocurrency in terms of market cap with a circulating supply worth more than $9 billion. Just a few months back, it was worth around $4 billion.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 10:56:03 AM

That could be good news.Through this everyone can be aware.But how can this be possible.Most investors trade in this pair.If there is such news, you have to be aware now. Most of the trades I think should be traded on BTC pair and Etherium pair.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:51:30 PM

Tether getting bigger every day but it doesn't mean you can trust them.
Im not gonna say tether developers are scammer but tether could be fall very hard by Central bank mafia, Money Landing is a Good Excuse for Central Bank to freeze tether money account.
Tether is getting bigger every single day because it has huge potential in its growth and that's why investors have made a really great investment in it. Your allegation is useless because Tether has a market cap of almost $9 bn. If your allegation were true this platform would collapse already. But anything that you had mentioned above is bullshit. As well without any strong evidence how could you target the token?
Okay, you're right and USDT is so cool that you can safely and recklessly store tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars in it. How much are you willing to

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 07:12:42 PM

Tether is now the 3rd largest cryptocurrency in terms of market cap with a circulating supply worth more than $9 billion. Just a few months back, it was worth around $4 billion.
You refer un-regulated supply? We cannot do anything about that because it is like token economic, they will keep issuing as per market demands. There cannot be any logic behind their circulating supply. They can even beat bitcoin in terms of total market cap by manipulating the circulating supply; just for the reason of being realistic they are not doing that, it seems Grin.

Tether is a corporate company and their supply is as per their own wish. So, issuing another 200 billion units of tether to beat bitcoin in terms of higher market capitalization is just a few click work for them. Please never look for coinmarketcap ranking to assume about which is 2nd largest cryptocurrency or 3rd largest or anything like that; all these are just manipulation when they are not having controlled supply like bitcoin is doing.

As well without any strong evidence how could you target the token?
Just not being a mineable coin is more than enough evidence to target it. Tether is being issued by a corporate and such corporate are known for seized by governments when they are getting suspected about involving in money laundering.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 10:18:52 PM

Tether getting bigger every day but it doesnt mean you can trust them.
Im not gonna say tether developers are scammer but tether could be fall very hard by Central bank mafia, Money Landing is a good Excuse for Central Bank to freeze tether money account.
You’re not the first person that has pointed finger at Tether, I have seen so many complain about whether tether can really be trusted and some of them have said that it is not fully backed by the US dollar. There was an article that was posted on Coin Rivet, and according to the editor, the Tether is not fully backed by the USD, only about 70% of it is backed by the USD. I don’t know about other stablecoins, they might be the same thing, that’s if this is true about Tether. Although PAX seems to be something different.

Rafiqul

Activity: 1358
Merit: 10

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:47:00 PM

That could be good news.Through this everyone can be aware.But how can this be possible.Most investors trade in this pair.If there is such news, you have to be aware now. Most of the trades I think should be traded on BTC pair and Etherium pair.
I also agree with you that investors can be aware through this news. But I don't think it's going to be risky to trade in a pair of teasers. I believe that if you want to retain the money you have invested at the end of the transaction, it will be safer and more profitable to invest it in BTC.

Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:51:04 PM

Tether getting bigger every day but it doesnt mean you can trust them.
Im not gonna say tether developers are scammer but tether could be fall very hard by Central bank mafia, Money Landing is a good Excuse for Central Bank to freeze tether money account.

I'm not sure they have the same amount of money they have on the Tether blockchain.
But the Tether that exists today, say based on the volume of cmc does not belong to one person. But it belongs to many investors who hold Tether. So there is no way to freeze the Tether company account by the Central Bank.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Police Indo

Activity: 649
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 08:16:55 PM

I also agree with you that investors can be aware through this news. But I don't think it's going to be risky to trade in a pair of teasers. I believe that if you want to retain the money you have invested at the end of the transaction, it will be safer and more profitable to invest it in BTC.
Isn't it safer to secure money from trading / investment results into stable coins? yes it does not have to be tether, because there are many other stable coins. if securing the results of trading into coins such as BTC, Eth or others then the value is volatile and erratic, in terms of profit it is difficult to predict accurately. So I thing tether is not bad

"securing here means not long, only a short time after that assets are withdrawn / traded / invested again"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: