Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:02:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill limit order question  (Read 955 times)
BittenAgain (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 06:34:18 PM

Prepare Market Sell Order

Amount of BTC to Sell: 
Price per BTC Wanted: 
Currency Wanted:  AUD - Australian Dollar CAD - Canadian Dollar CLP - Chilean Peso EUR - European Union Euro INR - Indian Rupee LR - Liberty Reserve RUB - Russian Ruble USD - United States Dollar

Instructions
You are preparing a limit order to sell Bitcoins.
Please specify: the number of Bitcoins you would like to sell, the minimum price per Bitcoin you are willing to accept, and the currency you would like to be paid.
Once submitted, your order will be placed onto the exchange and we will attempt to match you with a Bitcoin buyer. Depending on market conditions, your order may initially only be partially filled. You may cancel your order at anytime. However, confirmation of your cancellation may take up to 5 seconds.
While your order is outstanding we will reserve a balance of BTC equivalent to the amount remaining to be sold.

OK I understand what this means right,  you limit your order and bitcoins are only sold for that amount.  Well my coins were sold up to 4 pennys cheaper.   I dunno I guess thats nothing right, but might mean something to somebody else.
2.26 sold for 2.22.   but i might have changed it to 2.254, but doubt it, if i remember right i set it to 2.2699999 before i walked out the room.
Now if if i typo error to 2.2269999,  would some of my order still fill to 2.254, the current bid, or would i fill only open orders of 2.22...
What the hell happened and why did my ticket go as solved and any questions ask.  Im not asking them. Seems wrong.  Because 2.2254 or 2.226999 shouldnt sell for 2.22 either.  And that would be a typo , which i dont think happened.

Now my question is what is the point of a limit order when its sold under your limit to sell.  I would of sold yesterday and lost more than.
And i guess 4 pennies aint shit anyway, but you know who they are worth it too.  Why wouldnt they want to sell for 2.26 and take the higher commision.  Dunno.

Has this happened to anyone else at Tradehill.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 06:42:53 PM

I have never had a limit order sell under what I set it at.

Are you sure you didn't enter a lower ask?  Most (all?) exchanges will fulfill an order at a better price but not worse price than your limit.
BittenAgain (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 06:59:05 PM

dammit timed out my session.  sorry.

I said i couldve typoed but even if 2.2254 or 2.2269  wouldnt sell for 2.22.  Right , its lower.   I feel tradehill owes me 1 to 4 cents on all my bitcoins i sold.  It wasnt alot but I lost. 

Does the sell order go poof after the sale ?  how come no record.

BittenAgain (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 07:00:32 PM

the worst case i couldve wrote 2.22 instead of 2.25, but how come i cant see what happened
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: