Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:18:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DigiBB - Permissionless file storage using the bitTorrent protocol  (Read 128 times)
btc4peace (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 06:24:24 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2020, 08:37:35 PM by btc4peace
Merited by Vod (1)

My question is, "is this idea useful?"

Telegram https://t.me/digibb

CONCEPT
Create an attractive, easy to use web interface that allows users to upload from their device to the bitTorrent protocol, referencing the torrent SH1 hash and SHA256 validity hash on blockchain.  Optional ownership receipt may be sent or remain totally anonymous.

BENEFIT
Creates a publicly referencable blockchain record of files/data uploaded using DHT (trackerless) torrents.  

Security and permanance of the blockchain and bitTorrent combined.

Minimal cost for a permanent solution (a few cents per megabyte)

POSSIBLE USE CASES
Automatically upload an hourly data feed of your store inventory/catalog

Upload images, mp4 video, files, songs, etc to be publicly available for anyone to access without a fingerprint

Create a chain of data, chronologically, representing family trees

Post messages to bitTorrent without a fingerprint

Run a server to read the uploads and present them for display or download from your users (data aggregation)

Host a blockchain driven bulletin board

PAYMENT
Users deposit crypto and get "posting tokens".  Posting tokens to their wallet (blockchain assets "tokens") are used to represent 1 token = 1 byte of upload output so to speak.  At current DigiByte rates, that is approx $0.02/MB.

To increase adoption, visa/mc/paypal may be used to fund account.  This also provides a layer of separate from source to output.

POSSIBLE FUTURE CONTRACT CAPABILITY
While posting tokens are used to post content, reward tokens could be given for using the network.  Posting tokens represent a promise to transfer data and core wallet digiByte must be maintained at a certain ratio to cover mining fees for promised outputs.  There is room to "tax" transactions and send taxes to a DigiByte addess for distribution based on how many Reward Tokens the wallet has.

Thoughts?

I am more trustable than you.  Those cbags who trolled me can get bent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: