Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:18:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lesson plans about Bitcoin achieved  (Read 669 times)
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 12:13:48 AM

So, I made a post about me teaching college students about Bitcoin and it's usage. I asked for  few things that would make up my lesson plans here.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5259038.msg54708539#msg54708539 The positive replies I got was enough for me. So, I came up with these;

1. General introduction to Bitcoin
2. What it is used for
3. Introduction to a forum dedicated for discussion of Bitcoins named Bitcointalk Forum
4. Mining
5. Digital skills
6. Last week would be used for quizzes and setting up Bitcoin accounts and prizes would be won for serious students among them.

Your criticism is a welcome one too. Embarrassed

You seem to have gone through the bitcoin scam that you needed to add here. Many are constantly being scanned and this is definitely a warning for newcomers. This is a big problem for achieved Bitcoin. There are many who have left this line as a victims of scamming.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 05:10:39 AM

planning must be done as well as possible, starting from the introduction of Bitcoin is very good. Then explain about usefulness, then about explanation of this forum is not necessary in my opinion.
It’s really not an easy thing to do lol. I have a lot of people that would usually come to me and be asking that I teach them about bitcoin, and due to the fact I hardly get the time, I’m unable to do that. And I would just refer them to some articles and websites and videos as well, that will help them learn. But it’s always best when someone teaches you face to face and you’re able to ask questions.

Its what I do too, I send articles and readings, I much prefer youtube videos that really help me when I am starting as well. Cause let's admit that bitcoin isn't that interesting with all its technicality but there are some videos who helps you stay interested, so I also recommend OP to teach with videos too, you can start with it, depends really on how you teach as a teacher but videos about btc (good and quality videos) can really help you teach your students. I recommend videos that didn't use technical words. Bitcoin for dummies first, then walk your way from there.

Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 12:49:46 PM

So, I made a post about me teaching college students about Bitcoin and it's usage. I asked for  few things that would make up my lesson plans here.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5259038.msg54708539#msg54708539 The positive replies I got was enough for me. So, I came up with these;

1. General introduction to Bitcoin
2. What it is used for
3. Introduction to a forum dedicated for discussion of Bitcoins named Bitcointalk Forum
4. Mining
5. Digital skills
6. Last week would be used for quizzes and setting up Bitcoin accounts and prizes would be won for serious students among them.

Your criticism is a welcome one too. Embarrassed
actually it is 'Bitcointalk.org" this is the right name of forum mate.

But i love all the qualities and style how you brought this all to your students things that very proud for bitcoiner like  me.

i am wishing that one day  here in my country there will be some subject or  course about this topic in schools so my children will learn this better aside from my tutorial(because i want them to learn about this in early ages)

continue your spreading about Bitcoin mate not only to your student but also to your community and friends.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
XEsseKasper

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 09:32:27 AM

I think that it is great idea to introduce university students with basics of crypto world. I would add to your list security, which is most important and also legal framework as many countries are recognising cryptos in their regulations.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 09:52:23 AM

That is amazing.

I don't know how you would be doing this but the thought of it is just amazing. Introducing the forum could give them a lot of information and knowledge about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well. I hope you could teach them also how to secure, how to earn them since usually it is the question being asked by people.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 10:16:20 AM

You must explain how the fee work too. Also, explaining what is "scam" such as ponzi, mlm, hyip, etc and how to avoid them. Most newcomer think that they are legit, especially with 'fake' cloud mining (i don't recommend the real one tho).

If some of your student interested, don't forget to tell them to backup their seeds or private key.
I agree with your statement.

That is what we called as Holistic Approach in teaching. We just don`t teach the basics of cryptocurrency. We must integrate all aspects including the seeds or private keys and how to avoid scam projects. Just a little throwback, during my field teaching or practice teaching I also able to include cryptocurrency and trading to my students. Since I am teaching economics, crypto and trading are suitable to my discussion that time. As a matter of fact, my students was amazed because most of my students did not aware of bitcoin. And I realized that teaching or sharing cryptocurrency to other people will not only help them to gain profits by investing but they can also learn the futuristic form of payment.

verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 03:23:31 PM

You mentioned that the campaign will last 3 weeks (June 30, 2020)
The end of your campaign is near. What is the progress of your students?
The age range of the students is
Age range from 14-23.
I would prefer that the age be from 18 years onwards because most crypto related websites require users to be of legal age.
A good way to teach about bitcoin and crypto in addition to those mentioned is that you teach them about the tools you know and use to make your classes more effective and they feel more motivated to learn.
Very good initiative, I congratulate you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: