Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:48:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Many countries have currencies pegged to the US dollar. When tether collapses...  (Read 233 times)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 08:18:51 PM

The Zimbabwean government and the rest that issued the US dollars backed/peg current definitely follow the steps of Tether but issuing a currency backed with Fiat currency is a lame decision because fiat currency are not hedge to inflation which is the reason why some Stablecoin project we have in the cryptosphere are following the step led by Gold stablecoin.
It a very lame decision and lack of knowledge either because the incapable level of fiat currency and the government management level in time of inflations was the reason why Bitcoin was created by Satoshi then.

When/if tether collapses, only the crypto community would care. The majority of people would continue their life as if nothing happens.
Perhaps the civil war scenario is more probable (to rekt USD) than the tether scenario.
You're absolutely correct and I'm among the people that won't care much if Tether collapse because i never trust the project ever their liars was exposed then but it unfortunate that most crypto exchange site uses it as their trading pair.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:23:18 PM

I think that the collapse of the tether stablecoin has nothing to do with the dollar itself, which it should be backed by.  Those who invested in this stablecoin will simply lose their money.  If such an influence could exist, then the United States and other states would have long ago prohibited anyone from using their national currencies as collateral for other stablecoins.  True, the Chinese government, just in case, is still going to ban the use of the digital yuan as a means of securing other stablecoins.  However, this is most likely a reassurance in protecting your economy.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: