Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best alternatives to Meetup.com  (Read 123 times)
harshalone (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2020, 02:24:01 PM

Meetup recently has suffered from some backlash to some new pricing models is proposed. They have since backpedaled but for many, the damage has already been done and the trust has been damaged. This comes two years after Meetup made some changes that made it significantly worse for organisers to manage their communities as well as being taken over by WeWork who are currently facing financial difficulties — something many has suggested as the reason for exploring new profitability strategies with Meetup.com. Following Meetup rescinding their proposed payment model I have since received an email informing me that my organiser subscription will be increasing from $14.99/month to $16.49/month.

Bylde

Start your local group today. Supercharge it with Bylde and Grow it with your local community. Manage it with simple online tools available at Bylde.

Pros
  • Mobile-First Design
    Easy to use
    Social logins
    Only £1 Per Month to manage one group
    Emails member included (bulk email)
Cons
  • Events archived 30 days after the event has ended
    A single person can edit the account
    Each event is created in isolation (e.g. you’d need a new page created for each meetup each month) but you can copy events

I also found this article which lit 9 top alternatives to meetup
primred

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 10:38:43 PM

Use https://alternativeto.net/ for help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: