Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning Exodus Wallet SCAM on Google Play!  (Read 271 times)
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 01:59:03 AM

there are tons of apps like that available on Playstore and I personally never wallet or market use the apps because I know it will only make a loss. the scammers do various ways to fool the victims including using the application in Playstore. yeah we have to be careful and we must stay away from fraudulent applications.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 07:13:39 AM

Just to let you know that actually Google didn't remove it, but was the "developer" who delisted it, I guess because his scam wasn't downloaded anymore (I wrote a review saying t was a scam).
Also Google never got back to me to answer to this simple question: was the scam doing something else? Was my phone compromised? Never a answer.
When I told them I was going to sue them they just disappeared.
Doing some search on the web (with DuckDuckGo because Google will never show these results to you) I saw that almost every year there is a Exodus scam on Google Play (maybe always the same "app") and guess what: Google doesn't give a shit! They just don't care!
I must admit I was a little bit shocked by their attitude, but the reality is that on Google Play you can find any kind of scam and publishing them is really a piece of cake.

I guess I learnt my lesson in the hardest way

I am sorry for you lost buddy , but that's not the only application copied on Google play store thats why we need to always be aware before downloading any application in Google store . Since we have an idea already that Google doesn't review any application before it can be downloadable by user's we need to became  much more careful now.

Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:19:25 AM

I no longer find this app at google play. It seems they have been accused and the application has been removed by moderators. The advice for you is to never use shady applications. Please go to the official website and download from the links there

sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:34:40 PM

I no longer find this app at google play. It seems they have been accused and the application has been removed by moderators.
Google play has removed the app after it was reported and you can read that on the first page as OP has said that it was removed. It's not just an accused app but it's an actual scam app that's trying to get victims but good thing, it was removed.

The advice for you is to never use shady applications. Please go to the official website and download from the links there
Newbies who don't ask to anyone and just search apps on google play store on their own can't be blamed. They don't do research as they search a legit and official app that they have to install.

pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 03:56:47 PM

I no longer find this app at google play. It seems they have been accused and the application has been removed by moderators. The advice for you is to never use shady applications. Please go to the official website and download from the links there

I'm sure they did not find the link in the official website of Exodus, they just Google it,of course we all know scammers are using legit advertising to scam people, so never rely on the search engine because the results show some links that you mistakenly link to the official site when actually these are ads used by scammers.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 625

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:55:47 PM

I no longer find this app at google play. It seems they have been accused and the application has been removed by moderators.
Google play has removed the app after it was reported and you can read that on the first page as OP has said that it was removed. It's not just an accused app but it's an actual scam app that's trying to get victims but good thing, it was removed.

The advice for you is to never use shady applications. Please go to the official website and download from the links there
Newbies who don't ask to anyone and just search apps on google play store on their own can't be blamed. They don't do research as they search a legit and official app that they have to install.

I dont really trust that much when it comes on installing something in my phone even if its  on legit sources like Google play and other app markets out there.
Im not saying that its totally cant be trusted but we know the tendencies or chances that you can possible fall out into scam. People are just way too lazy when it comes to verifying things up
and do carelessly installing without even minding on the risk behind. Hackers/scammers etc. will find always a loophole and ways to scam people thats why self
awareness and common sense will surely be a great thing to have from time to time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:56:01 AM

You have to look at the review and make your comment there that is negative. Warn people on what you experienced also send a message to App owners of the scam that is going on in Google

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:17:43 AM

You have to look at the review and make your comment there that is negative. Warn people on what you experienced also send a message to App owners of the scam that is going on in Google

google should make a hard review before allowing apps on thier store to prevent scammers . Last time i donwnloaded a mirroring apps but all of them is fake and full of ads.

sunsilk

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 09:00:48 AM

@Mahanton, I'm the same as you. I'm not confident installing any app on my phone unless I do really trust it and verified that it's from the legit source and developer of that app or the company itself.

It's the best safety measure to avoid downloading and installing apps that you are unsure of. And for the wallets which will be the holder of your crypto funds, double check the app and source. Always go to the authorized and legit wallet provider you are about to download, search it on web.

andriyana

Activity: 842
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 12:10:14 PM

thank for the information you with this announcement thread, I am became more careful to use the crypto wallet on google play.
but it looks like the link you provided has not work or has been deleted
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 12:16:54 PM

I check the review of the application its look likes they got a good ratings there .

But its looks like just fake rating you should also give negative rate and give feedback to the app so they will not have any victim again.

For download they only got 50  download as of today so its only means this is just a new application make in app store,.

You should always be aware about simple things like how many people use the app before using it or transferring your money.
Reviews can be faked. People can buy review. Or people can use bots to review their apps. Its not that hard. Pay few cents and everyone will jump in to make some fake reviews.
You will see similarities between those reviews which will help you distinguish the fake ones.
And why would you download a well known app that has only 50 downloads (downloads can be faked too though Sad )?
Well, to be honest, the guy who downloaded should be blamed too for being careless.

I also wanted to recommend the review but I felt If the review can be faked as stated and more are given than the report review what other means can be used to report such app for early response or pull down?
AthenaBanana
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 04:15:03 PM

Always make sure that the app you are installing is the real app in google play there are lots of fake apps so always be allert and be careful on installing app that are related to money (FUNDS) this can steal your sensitive information
Festac

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:29:48 PM

Someone once told me that google have removed all scam apps from their playstore but that's not true because few apps looks genuine enough and they will pass goggle verification without been detected, anything applications that have to do with money you must not download from playstore but through official website

sunsilk

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 04:14:40 PM

Someone once told me that google have removed all scam apps from their playstore but that's not true because few apps looks genuine enough and they will pass goggle verification without been detected, anything applications that have to do with money you must not download from playstore but through official website
Who's that person that told you that all of the scam apps have been removed by Google? He's guessing and didn't see the real thing of these rampant scams that Google can't terminate them once and for all. They are allowing the new scams to be registered in their platform which shouldn't be from the start.

They are not strengthening the verification process for the listing of these apps to their google play. Google is also the owner of Youtube which the scam advertisements are not yet stopped, they should be alarmed with those.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: