Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:27:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase wallet without KYC as long as you do not buy/sell crypto?  (Read 134 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 05:39:56 PM

Is a KYC necessary for the regular registration of a Coinbase wallet?
I mean for a wallet that is only used for receiving and sending Bitcoin and not for buying or selling Bitcoin?
I could not find a clear distinction on the Coinbase page or in the FAQ.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 05:44:33 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2020, 05:55:39 PM by batang_bitcoin
Merited by suchmoon (4), tyz (3)

I mean for a wallet that is only used for receiving and sending Bitcoin and not for buying or selling Bitcoin?
Level 1 doesn't really have trading feature and it's ok to use with those purposes you have mentioned because sending and receiving are enabled on that level.

And cellphone number for receiving the code of registration as addition although it is not indicated.

https://www.coinbase.com/settings/account-levels

You need to be logged in to view the link.

My account isn't verified and base from those conditions, when I click the "receive btc", nothing happens and it doesn't show my BTC address. It wants me to "verify your ID". I haven't used Coinbase for a very long time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 08:02:52 PM

No, it isnt!
Ive been using Coinbase for years but do acts only as a wallet on receiving and sending out btc to other wallets and i dont have problems with it and since im dealing up with small amounts then
i didnt face up any problems.I dont know if this one would work if huge volumes will really be transacted but still its not advisable specially when you do make use this one
as a receiver specially with some gambling funds, tendency of locked out account is there but i havent able to try it though but its part of their ToS.

blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1032

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 01:56:43 AM

It might require if has deposit and withdraw problem. For only both, better to use software or hardware wallet. As I know People use Coinbase wallet for fast exchange it.

Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 06:37:58 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2020, 07:39:34 AM by Akiko

I am user's of coinbase long time ago until they make it mandatory to have KYC so ill never login my account until then.

If you are just planning to use coinbase for storing crypto  then, why not try coinomi or mycelium it's a better option than coinbase.you also do not need to make a kyc and more secure because you are the one who secured the keys or passphrase of the wallet and you know that you are the only person  in control on that wallet.

tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 02:58:17 PM

No, it isnt!
Ive been using Coinbase for years but do acts only as a wallet on receiving and sending out btc to other wallets and i dont have problems with it and since im dealing up with small amounts then
i didnt face up any problems.I dont know if this one would work if huge volumes will really be transacted but still its not advisable specially when you do make use this one
as a receiver specially with some gambling funds, tendency of locked out account is there but i havent able to try it though but its part of their ToS.

So, does it mean sending and receiving Bitcoins is enabled without doing a KYC if you do not exceed a certain transaction volume? I am wondering because @batang_bitcoin wrote he can not create a deposit/receiving Bitcoin address being unverified :/

If you are just planning to use coinbase for storing crypto  then, why not try coinomi or mycelium it's a better option than coinbase.

I usually do not use services like Coinbase. I ask because I use a service which added payout of money in Bitcoin but only to Coinbase wallets. So alternatives you mentioned are not an option.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 10:29:26 PM
Merited by tyz (1)

No, it isnt!

So, does it mean sending and receiving Bitcoins is enabled without doing a KYC if you do not exceed a certain transaction volume? I am wondering because @batang_bitcoin wrote he can not create a deposit/receiving Bitcoin address being unverified :/

I havent test out actually in talks of tx volume restriction that it do requires me to do some verification. So far im able to make receiving and sending without any problems.
I dont know on why @batang_bitcoin doesnt able to do such thing yet ive been doing these things for years already. You can able to get your deposit address on just clicking out
that Receive button on middle-right part.

batang_bitcoin

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 12:48:59 PM
Merited by tyz (1)

That's what happened to me and that's for level 1. Try it for yourself tyz. It says that bitcoin isn't tradable in my region but it asks me to verify ID.
If it's not tradable to my region then it wouldn't be asking for more KYC. This is the reason why I haven't used them for a long time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 10:24:06 PM

That's what happened to me and that's for level 1. Try it for yourself tyz. It says that bitcoin isn't tradable in my region but it asks me to verify ID.
If it's not tradable to my region then it wouldn't be asking for more KYC. This is the reason why I haven't used them for a long time.

Thanks, may I ask what region you are coming from? This is one reason why I am so reluctant to sign up for such services. It's not really transparent. KYC is required for one person, but not for another. And the ToS doesn't provide any information about it.
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 10:37:57 PM

Thanks, may I ask what region you are coming from? This is one reason why I am so reluctant to sign up for such services. It's not really transparent. KYC is required for one person, but not for another. And the ToS doesn't provide any information about it.
Asian region, that what it says for me so if you get to try it first, it's for you to decide whether you'll go full KYC if it shows the same thing or look for some other exchange where it won't be asking for more and transparent with their verifications that they have.
Well, I guess I'll never use them again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀