Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs BitSafe (Hardware wallet)  (Read 2152 times)
BitchImightbe (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

Anyone, besides me, that is excited about tis piece of hardware?
I know Trezor is around, but it´s to techy for the general population.

I would love to hear a experienced guess on estimated price?

URL: http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet/
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:44:28 PM

Anyone, besides me, that is excited about tis piece of hardware?
I know Trezor is around, but it´s to techy for the general population.

I would love to hear a experienced guess on estimated price?

URL: http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet/

you can keep all those bitcoins you mined on it with the hardware they have'nt shipped you yet Smiley

Pre order now so they can sell you an upgrade after not shipping for 6 months to a year.

BFL can go f*ck themselves.  

I would never send them a penny on principle!

p.s. nice to see a newbie register and first ever post is just to tell us all about this great new piece of BFL hardware   Roll Eyes
BitchImightbe (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:49:24 PM

you can keep all those bitcoins you mined on it with the hardware they have'nt shipped you yet Smiley

I know they´re terrible at deliver hashing hardware  Wink
but this is a hardware wallet, there´s no loss if they ship it "2 weeks" later then promised.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:52:14 PM

but this is a hardware wallet, there´s no loss if they ship it "2 weeks" later then promised.

or 2 months, or 6 months, a year?

Not in to providing interest free loans for hardware development.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

There is if no shipment at all

And do you really trust your btc with their products?

I mean they're the most incompetent company in the history of bitcoin...... well just a foot behind MtGox.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:03:37 PM

i wont keep my coins in any BFL hardware and i dont advise anyone to do so; would u keep your money in a thief's wallet ?
BitchImightbe (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:12:28 PM

I mean they're the most incompetent company in the history of bitcoin...... well just a foot behind MtGox.

Maybe you guys are right  Sad
I just want a easy, safe way to bring some bit coins with me for small time shopping without have to sip out my android phone and mess with apps, qr codes etc
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:22:25 PM

Maybe you guys are right  Sad
I just want a easy, safe way to bring some bit coins with me for small time shopping without have to sip out my android phone and mess with apps, qr codes etc

Your best bet right now is Amory.
You can use Rasberry Pi so its safe and small. We will have HW wallet coming out this year(from legit competent team)
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:09:25 PM

It's hard to trust BFL with any product they put on the market after their checkered history.

If not sticking to my smartphone, I'd put my BTC in anyone else but BFL for my hardware wallet needs.  Smiley

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:37:54 PM

I like it. I want one. I think Bitcoin needs a non-geek safe wallet for mass adoption. I don't trust my Android phone as Google already lifted my data off that!

But like everyone else says, they've destroyed their credibility in this community, so how do we trust them with our BTC. Undecided

BitchImightbe (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:03:19 PM

I like it. I want one. I think Bitcoin needs a non-geek safe wallet for mass adoption. I don't trust my Android phone as Google already lifted my data off that!

But like everyone else says, they've destroyed their credibility in this community, so how do we trust them with our BTC. Undecided

If the BitSafe is 50-60 USD i think they will sell like condoms on Mardi Gras  Grin
BFL don´t give a shit about the community, it´s all about cold hard cash for them.

I will probably order/pre-order one, even if i know it´s dumb... because my mom and dad can´t handle a Android with special apps.
They need something easy, and i think BitSafe might be the solution.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:33:04 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152517.40

All the Bitmit listings regarding the Bitsafe and Bitsafe development are now live!
https://www.bitmit.net/en/q/?q=bitsafe

There was also some changes to the description of the main Bitsafe listing. (i.e. Disclaimer now included)
https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/20780-bitsafe-1-1-hardware-wallet-firmware-now-upgradeable-via-usb

Please review these changes and the new listings to make sure you are happy with your order.
Gladly refund anyone in a heartbeat if there is any issue. Also, check if any of the development
accessories are something you are interested in. It would be nice to ship them together.

As mentioned in the OP, I want to support anyone that would like to develop for this open source
project but don't feel like they have the extra funds to purchase a Bitsafe at full price.
Development support from others is of utmost importance for the success of Hardware Wallets
in general. I've included a Bitmit listing just for you. Please purchase this one, and pay what
you feel is appropriate. Hopefully, no one will find this as a barrier to getting involved if they are
serious about improving this project:
https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/20786-bitsafe-1-1-donors-and-developers-version

There has been no Bitsafes shipped out the door yet. Thanks for your patience. I would like to
give everyone a chance to review these new Bitmit listings first and make any changes if needed.
The plan is to ship in mass this next weekend. With a full time job and family, mass shipping will
help me make best use of the extra time I find for this project.

Lastly, I've now included my email in my profile. I dislike the PM system. If you tried to contact me
through Bitcointalk's PM system, but I haven't responded then please try my email. That is still
no guarantee I will reply in a timely matter, but eventually, it will happen.

Thanks,
     Allten

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
the-skeptic

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:01:20 AM

If the BitSafe is 50-60 USD i think they will sell like condoms on Mardi Gras  Grin
BFL don´t give a shit about the community, it´s all about cold hard cash for them.

I will probably order/pre-order one, even if i know it´s dumb... because my mom and dad can´t handle a Android with special apps.

Your parents can't handle an Android app, yet they are competent enough to complete a bitcoin transaction on a standalone device? Doesn't make sense. Do your parents actually use bitcoin, or are you just imagining a happy, bright future where they use bitcoin at the market and gas station?
BitchImightbe (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:13:53 PM

Your parents can't handle an Android app, yet they are competent enough to complete a bitcoin transaction on a standalone device? Doesn't make sense. Do your parents actually use bitcoin, or are you just imagining a happy, bright future where they use bitcoin at the market and gas station?

Mom buys coffee with Bitcoins every morning, except on the weekends  Grin
So yeah, they use Bitcoin. Right now i´ve bought a cheap Android (Samsung), installed Mycelium etc but they complain it´s to "techy".
DaDeus

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

It would be great to have an device like that, just from an other company.
I think the best solution would be a hardware wallet in the dimension of a credit card.
You can just easily put it in you wallet and sign the transactions over bluetoot on your smart-phone (watch-only wallet).
Its your everyday wallet, not your savings wallet.
mitzie
Legendary

Activity: 975
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:01:19 AM

i wont keep my coins in any BFL hardware and i dont advise anyone to do so; would u keep your money in a thief's wallet ?

The big question here is: Is this project open source?

I like the size of the device, its features etc, but if it's not open source, we have a problem  Undecided
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:49:31 AM

It looks nice.

please unban me.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

Hopefully this comes out soon.  We need a simple hardware wallet for more adoption.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: