Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Coins -- Purchase Bitcoins with your Credit Card [Mt. Gox Codes]  (Read 35478 times)
mr.coins (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 01:28:41 AM

any idea when the 10 bitcoin codes will be back? Im looking to buy around 112$ worth.

Thanks for buying!

The 10 BTC codes won't be avaliable until we have finished testing our systems.

Presently we are only selling Mt. Gox codes for denominations of 5 BTC and 1 BTC.

Thanks,
Richard

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 01:31:56 AM

Just bought more, this is a very nice service, thanks a ton, I think I might have had some issues on my last purchase, I'll pm you if I can't figure it out real quick..

EDIT: ok, i got it it's just be being stupid and not being able to read

hi
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 01:38:47 AM

Wait, I lied, I'm missing one 1BTC code.
edit: ok wow it just emailed it to me, google check out is just being wonky and it emailed it two me 15 minutes after my first one  Cool

Review- great site, doesn't charge that much of a fee for his service, and everything works very smoothly (unless it gets weird, which is googles fault not his).

hi
mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 10:03:22 AM

Review- great site, doesn't charge that much of a fee for his service, and everything works very smoothly (unless it gets weird, which is googles fault not his).

Thanks!

If there are any issues with delivery please email me ( gco.yandros@gmail.com ) and I'll re-send the codes.

We send both an email containing the codes and a series of Google Checkout messages containing the same, as backup. If both of these delivery methods fail (unlikely) I will manually send codes by SMS.

Cheers,
Richard
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 02:32:37 AM

I suggest you add your service here:  http://www.thebitcoinreview.com

Then we can review it.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 03:00:48 AM

Then we can review it.

Yes, I'd be happy to review it.  Wink

mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 03:06:52 AM

Then we can review it.

Hi Burt,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've listed it: http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=788

(I've tried adding contact details a couple of times to the listing but they keep coming up blank. Maybe there is a database delay? Will try again soon.)

Our first couple of days of trading have been quite successful dispite a few minor script bugs. A big thank-you to all Mr Coins customers!

I hope to expand the service in the near future and add additional fraud and chargeback prevention measures.

Cheers,
Richard
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 04:37:06 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2011, 05:04:45 AM by adamstgBit

I suggest you add your service here:  http://www.thebitcoinreview.com

Then we can review it.

Hi Burt,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've listed it: http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=788

(I've tried adding contact details a couple of times to the listing but they keep coming up blank. Maybe there is a database delay? Will try again soon.)

Our first couple of days of trading have been quite successful dispite a few minor script bugs. A big thank-you to all Mr Coins customers!

I hope to expand the service in the near future and add additional fraud and chargeback prevention measures.

Cheers,
Richard

anyone can use the edit site button on the page listing.

these edits will be reviewed and then applied

if you own the site you should go to your dashboard and edit the site from there, that way changes will be apply right away

but don't bother, I'm the admin, so i will apply the changes you made using the public edit

mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 05:26:05 AM

if you own the site you should go to your dashboard and edit the site from there, that way changes will be apply right away

but don't bother, I'm the admin, so i will apply the changes you made using the public edit

Ok, thank you.
mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 06:58:04 AM

Just an update for our customers:

We have moved to PayPal for payment processing.

You can still pay by Credit Card. Simply select "Don't have a PayPal account" on the checkout page.

Thanks,
Richard
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 07:01:10 AM

You can still pay by Credit Card. Simply select "Don't have a PayPal account" on the checkout page.

Thanks,
Richard

I lol'ed. Making absolutely all the beginner mistakes is quite rare.

ALPHA.

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 07:01:33 AM

This is where it becomes interesting.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 07:10:29 AM

Thanks,
Richard

Paypal will freeze your account. It is explicitly forbidden by their ToS to sell digital currency. "It's an MtGox code" does not work as an excuse.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 07:16:44 AM

Thanks,
Richard

Paypal will freeze your account. It is explicitly forbidden by their ToS to sell digital currency. "It's an MtGox code" does not work as an excuse.

Just like it doesn't work for google checkout. He isn't listening though, because even though we've run his very business model before ourselves, we just "don't get it".

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 07:51:41 AM

Just like it doesn't work for google checkout.

Google Checkout's terms are not really clear. The only "official statement" was a post in their forum saying that it was allowed. However, they will close your account if you get lots of chargebacks. So, theoretically, you can use Google Checkout to sell bitcoins the way btcnow.net is using.
On the other hand, Paypal explicitly forbids selling currency, but they probably won't notice it until they receive the first chargeback...
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 08:16:18 AM

Watching.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 08:30:17 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2011, 08:42:36 AM by bwagner

Ordered 5 BTC using PayPal.  Worked like a charm.  Got my Mt Gox code in seconds.  A bit on the expensive side but fun.  So far so good.  I have been able to order using VISA and PayPal.

Richard, Let us know what happens when you get your first charge back request from either a VISA or PayPal sale.  I am rooting for you.

After buying 1 of the 5 BTC coupons for $16.24 I realized that it was cheaper to by 5 of the 1 BTC coupons for only $16.20 so I did that to cost average my purchase  Cheesy

Most of the time when you buy more you get a break.  I am sure it is just a rounding error - I am just giving you a hard time  Grin

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 08:53:34 AM

Ordered 5 BTC using PayPal.  Worked like a charm.  Got my Mt Gox code in seconds.  A bit on the expensive side but fun.  So far so good.  I have been able to order using VISA and PayPal.

Richard, Let us know what happens when you get your first charge back request from either a VISA or PayPal sale.  I am rooting for you.

After buying 1 of the 5 BTC coupons for $16.24 I realized that it was cheaper to by 5 of the 1 BTC coupons for only $16.20 so I did that to cost average my purchase  Cheesy

Most of the time when you buy more you get a break.  I am sure it is just a rounding error - I am just giving you a hard time  Grin

But you are now sold out of 1 BTC coupons so time to restock!

Hi Burt,

Thanks. I'm trying to factor in the cost of charge-backs, etc. hence the slightly higher price. -- I haven't had any trouble yet.

I'll have a look at that rounding issue in a minute.

Incidentally, I've called PayPal to OK the business with them. They've said it's fine. But to quell the concerns raised above I will get this in writing from them.

In case anyone is wondering: Our Google Checkout account is still operational, but they have ruled for the moment that Mr Coins breaks their terms of service. I don't believe it does, but I have suspended accepting Google Checkout for the time being until this is resolved. Unfortunately their customer service is not very good (no callable phone number and email support takes weeks), so this may take some time. (In addition we have reached our monthly limit on Google Checkout.)

And restocking is now automatic (but not instant.)

Will keep you all updated as to our progress.

Cheers,
Richard
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 09:26:22 AM

But you are now sold out of 1 BTC coupons so time to restock!

Hi Burt,

Thanks. I'm trying to factor in the cost of charge-backs, etc. hence the slightly higher price. -- I haven't had any trouble yet.

I'll have a look at that rounding issue in a minute.

Incidentally, I've called PayPal to OK the business with them. They've said it's fine. But to quell the concerns raised above I will get this in writing from them.

In case anyone is wondering: Our Google Checkout account is still operational, but they have ruled for the moment that Mr Coins breaks their terms of service. I don't believe it does, but I have suspended accepting Google Checkout for the time being until this is resolved. Unfortunately their customer service is not very good (no callable phone number and email support takes weeks), so this may take some time. (In addition we have reached our monthly limit on Google Checkout.)

And restocking is now automatic (but not instant.)

Will keep you all updated as to our progress.

Cheers,
Richard

1 for 2.

I'll wait.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 01:27:49 PM

I think we can wait to see exactly what Google checkout customer service says/rules before we determine the final outcome.  Give him a chance to work it out with them.  Let's see what happens.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: