Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Coins -- Purchase Bitcoins with your Credit Card [Mt. Gox Codes]  (Read 35479 times)
astana

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 01:44:55 PM

why don't you use your other usernames mr real coin? why hide?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2011, 02:37:20 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2011, 07:16:50 PM by bwagner

Inappropriate post deleted.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
mr.coins (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2011, 03:33:55 PM

why don't you use your other usernames mr real coin? why hide?

Is this directed at me?

You can verify with any moderator that this is my first and only active account on bitcointalk.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 05:23:12 PM

Matthew,

I am curious about something.  You have spent some time and effort here giving Mr. Coins the benefit of your wisdom and warning him about the risks he is taking selling BTC using PayPal and credit cards but I do not see you doing the same for MemoryDealers.  Why do you help Mr. Coins but not MemoryDealers?
This thread is not about Matthew. If you want his opinion on that, go elsewhere. Now, to keep things relevant, I'm going to pretend that you asked the community as a whole:

The MemoryDealers guys are NOT new to Bitcoin. In fact, they've been around for quite awhile. They are well aware of the risks, so they don't need to be warned. Plus, you can very easily tell that this isn't something they've rushed into. They very likely also have a lawyer who has read every single line of the PayPal agreements.

He is going to start selling Mt Gox coupons for PayPal and Credit Cards!  Well it is slightly different - he is going to sell Mt Gox USD coupons instead of Mt Gox BTC coupons:

http://www.memorydealers.com/1usdcrcoinmt.html

Don't you think you should jump all over Roger too?
That's significantly different when it comes to PayPals risk assessment. It's the difference between selling stored value cards and exchanging money into a currency that's still in the legal grey area. Both require approval from PayPal, but with "stored value", that's something that PayPal already understands. To them, it's then no different than someone selling Amazon gift cards, for example.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2011, 07:17:30 PM

Point taken.  Thanks for the information.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2011, 03:24:45 AM

This thread is not about Matthew. If you want his opinion on that, go elsewhere. Now, to keep things relevant, I'm going to pretend that you asked the community as a whole:

You could have fooled me. I've repeatedly asked you to remove him from my thread in private messages. It seems to me he can make any disingenuous, mean and ridiculous allegation he likes and have your full protection, but when anyone else tries to question him on this you delete their posts.

It is plain as day and everyone can see it: You are here to protect the trolls on bitcointalk.org. It's corrupt and ridiculous, but at least now it's public.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 03:42:58 AM

You could have fooled me. I've repeatedly asked you to remove him from my thread in private messages. It seems to me he can make any disingenuous, mean and ridiculous allegation he likes and have your full protection, but when anyone else tries to question him on this you delete their posts.

It is plain as day and everyone can see it: You are here to protect the trolls on bitcointalk.org. It's corrupt and ridiculous, but at least now it's public.
Insulting mods is never going to make anything better. Provide actual evidence of legal discussion and then they may be more inclined to support your cause.
mr.coins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2011, 04:10:33 AM

Insulting mods is never going to make anything better. Provide actual evidence of legal discussion and then they may be more inclined to support your cause.

Sigh. I don't think anything I could say or do will improve the quality of this forum or its loudest inhabitants.

From moderators who pathologically normalize abuse to users who insist on projecting their unwarranted and unwanted opinions onto a thread they have no connection with and no business being in, I have to say this is one of the worst administered forums I have ever used.

I have nothing more to say on the matter. I leave the thread to those who would claim it.

Customers may contact me as always at gco.yandros@gmail.com

Updates will be posted on mrcoins.org in future.

Thank you.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 09:38:19 PM

Sigh. I don't think anything I could say or do will improve the quality of this forum or its loudest inhabitants.

From moderators who pathologically normalize abuse to users who insist on projecting their unwarranted and unwanted opinions onto a thread they have no connection with and no business being in, I have to say this is one of the worst administered forums I have ever used.

I have nothing more to say on the matter. I leave the thread to those who would claim it.

Customers may contact me as always at gco.yandros@gmail.com

Updates will be posted on mrcoins.org in future.

Thank you.

THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:00:11 AM

Let me just say I used Mr.Coins service, and it was excellent. 

1 warning should have been enough...
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2011, 06:15:57 AM

looks like the friendly advice giver was correct....

I don't even know why I try anymore. You have not done your homework at all.

Offensive and uncalled for.

Listen "Mr Coins". I'm going to be as nice and direct as I possibly can on forum full of idiots. You're using GoogleCheckout, right? What do you think is going to happen when they find out your selling digital currencies that are against their terms of service?

Close your account of course. That's what they've been doing to everyone accepting credit cards for Bitcoins, or anything else considered a digital currency for that matter.

Fortunately we are not selling digital currency. We are selling Mt. Gox codes.

Kindly leave this thread for customers only.

Thanks,
Richard

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:01:03 PM

I'm not in a position to be the "I told you so" guy because I've made my fair share of business mistakes in the past 2 years especially, but goddamnit it's painful watching people ignore logic. You'd think people would learn how to use the search button before starting a business in bitcoin. Here, we have another anonymous bitcoiner claiming I don't know what I'm talking about and that "this time it will be different" stuff.  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211104

How long until CoinGator gives up on Paypal and offers an honest business model? The repeated history around here is depressing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: