Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinPayments - Does not follow GDPR, Holding my identity and resident proof  (Read 136 times)
DewlanceVPS (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 102

Dewlance.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 04:00:08 AM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

Hello,

CoinPayments is now collecting Identity/Resident proof for selling it. I was mistaken and gave my ID/Resident evidence to them for verification.

They said it would be removed after verification. I also asked their verification provider, and they said it would be automatically removed, but now they said that they could not remove it and hold it.

So beware, They will do the same as Yahoo did and sell data and said that it was hacked. So beware. CoinPayments.net is a complete fraud.

I am going to file BBB Complain and take legal action under GDPR.

Thanks.

Premium Web Hosting (https://www.dewlance.com/web-hosting) - We accept Bitcoins and Cryptocurrency
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3140

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 05:32:25 PM

Hello,

CoinPayments is now collecting Identity/Resident proof for selling it. I was mistaken and gave my ID/Resident evidence to them for verification.

They said it would be removed after verification. I also asked their verification provider, and they said it would be automatically removed, but now they said that they could not remove it and hold it.

So beware, They will do the same as Yahoo did and sell data and said that it was hacked. So beware. CoinPayments.net is a complete fraud.

I am going to file BBB Complain and take legal action under GDPR.

Thanks.

this is still based on your feeling, you haven't any evidence here. I am not defending them, just noticed.
btw. About GDPR, what is GDPR obligation shifted significantly? How we can be sure that some sites are in line with them? In this case, if Coinpayments resell your personal data to someone, how you will know to whom they were sold, and whether they did it at all or someone whom you do not doubt?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 11:12:25 AM

My understanding of GDPR is that it contains a number of exceptions for financial institutions and services. If are European you can request for your data to be deleted, but if the data is linked to financial transactions, then the company in question is within their rights to hold on to a subset of the data for a number of years for anti-money laundering purposes.

Also, your post history talks about trading in dollars, while your website says it is headquartered in Delhi. Neither the US nor India are subject to GDPR, given that it is a European regulation.

Do you have any proof that CoinPayments are selling personal data?
BlockchainTribute

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 04:27:26 PM

My understanding of GDPR is that it contains a number of exceptions for financial institutions and services. If are European you can request for your data to be deleted, but if the data is linked to financial transactions, then the company in question is within their rights to hold on to a subset of the data for a number of years for anti-money laundering purposes.

Also, your post history talks about trading in dollars, while your website says it is headquartered in Delhi. Neither the US nor India are subject to GDPR, given that it is a European regulation.

Do you have any proof that CoinPayments are selling personal data?

There is NO proof of that.
To stay in business ALL payment processors require to follow compliance. SMH
DewlanceVPS (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 102

Dewlance.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2020, 11:55:03 AM

I have full proof. They did fraud with me. Attaching proof.

Proof 1: https://zeromb.com/image/di-YTTQ.png
Proof 2: https://zeromb.com/image/di-P9P0.jpg

Premium Web Hosting (https://www.dewlance.com/web-hosting) - We accept Bitcoins and Cryptocurrency
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 09:07:33 PM

I have full proof. They did fraud with me. Attaching proof.

Proof 1: https://zeromb.com/image/di-YTTQ.png
Proof 2: https://zeromb.com/image/di-P9P0.jpg

Do you mean a proof that they are selling users personal data? It's just a probability, but no one can confirm it.
According to the proofs you provided, it's pretty clear that they didn't destroyed DATA as they claim to do.
I am not defending them by any means and feeling Sorry to see coinpayments turned out this way with its users.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: