Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Three phases bounty distribution  (Read 793 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 01:27:55 PM

It's a good thing that few bounty managers are now limiting participants for bounties but another problem I'm bounty projects are dumps, one way that bounty managers can help to avoid dump is three phase distribution, many would probably hate this but c'mon we all want good $$$ from projects we promoted right? Controlling dump this way works, what do you think? I've seen bubbalex doing this and even COVIR that plan to use bitforex to raise funds plan to distribute tokens in three phases
I think it's a good idea to control the possible dump, the 3 phased bounty payment distribution like what Cartesi project was doing, Cartesi bounty campaign is managed by Bubbalex a good and honest bounty manager and it's very approachable thats why the bounty campaign that Bubbalex managed is a big hit for us who believe in him its a go for me as long as its not a scam project.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 01:38:16 PM

It's a good thing that few bounty managers are now limiting participants for bounties but another problem I'm bounty projects are dumps, one way that bounty managers can help to avoid dump is three phase distribution, many would probably hate this but c'mon we all want good $$$ from projects we promoted right? Controlling dump this way works, what do you think? I've seen bubbalex doing this and even COVIR that plan to use bitforex to raise funds plan to distribute tokens in three phases
I think it's a good idea to control the possible dump, the 3 phased bounty payment distribution like what Cartesi project was doing, Cartesi bounty campaign is managed by Bubbalex a good and honest bounty manager and it's very approachable thats why the bounty campaign that Bubbalex managed is a big hit for us who believe in him its a go for me as long as its not a scam project.
Brilliant! This is the best way to solve the problem. Limiting participants doesn't guarantee that the tokens bounty hunters receive will be worthy! Therefore, a solution to avoid price dumping like this will work and bring benefits for either developers and bounty hunters. I hope there will be more bounty managers and developers who learn this and apply it asap!

totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 01:58:25 PM

This is not something bounty hunters can debate on because it's not in our reach, only project team can decide that, I'm sure that DIA project from bubbalex have 3 phase distribution because of the team, it's what the team wanted
Yes, indeed this is not something that should be debated by all bounty hunters, because there is absolutely no effect, because distributing in three phases also will not guarantee a token to avoid dumping, for proof we can look at projects that have already do it.
There are some bounty managers have already been done it and it did not make any difference, the token price still dumped and never recover from it like tokoin,. Arteezy made it like 6 months of installment but still price went down. Don't take it only to the hunters, there are lots of factors why token's price dumps.
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:11:53 PM

It will help to reduce the coins they can sell in bulk one time when they receive the payment. But if you only get small payment why its need to have 3 phase ?

The idea is good ,but that's not enough if the owner really want that the tokens/coins they are selling will not be affected by bounty hunters .then, use other coins to paid bounty participants instead of their own coins in that case only investors are able to sell and trade  their coins .

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:23:35 PM

What exactly do you mean?

Is it a staggered distribution of bounty rewards? If yes, then I think it's already been applied in some projects, but unfortunately that would not change anything as the value of the token/coin is still lower than its IEO/ICO price,  the timing is not good now if we expect a short term profitable return, that's the reality.

Sad reality in bounty programs. Whether staggered or not, the price performance is still the same. Going down the drain. And the thing is, it is unfair to the bounty participants. They will end up receiving few pennies from their hard work. The decrease in price is not those hunters' fault. Because if you will check the percentage allotted to them, is very small as compared to the team's holdings. So hunters are not in any way will dictate the fate of the project, but the dev team themselves. If they have weak foundation and no strong use case, expect that they will go down very fast.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:28:06 PM

I haven't experienced this kind of technique but maybe it will work.
Given the circumstances that they always put the blame on bounty hunters then might as well implement it.
If the value still keeps on dropping with this new strategy then it could also be a proof that hunters are not the culprit to all the dump.

Maybe after that, they will look further of where the dump is happening.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:34:19 PM

This practice of dividing reward distribution has been a long strategy of many crypto projects to avoid dumping their coins in the market. I have joined quite a few campaigns that implemented this strategy and have maintained the value of their coins in the market. I guess it is just right for projects to do this.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:38:22 PM

If any token will be listed on scam exchange and the price of any token will drop sharply, then the reason for the token price drop is the scam exchange, because there are no traders on the scam exchanges and only bots trade and these bots making fake volume, and if token will be listed on the top exchanges, then there are always investors who will buy tokens at low prices.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:45:48 PM

I have seen many project owners already implementing this. It's a good way to control the dump caused by bounty distribution but, I think it's not up to bounty managers to decide how they wanna distribute the token because it's usually project owners who send out the payments to participants.

i do agree this methods are recently introduced by project owners in other to control dump in price, but what happen when there is already a dump in price and no bounty reward has been distributed? who is to blame or what method should be applied to fix that!

i do respect the opinion of the project and bm who support this method, but to me i don't see it as best solution to prevent price from falling, if they are truly interested in protecting the price of their tokens, team should start by given less tokens for hunters and have fix participants in their campaign, this way only limited amount of tokens will be in the hands of hunters to sell which won't have any impact on price. Tachyon was a good example.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Rowenta

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:26:10 PM

Three stage of distribution for just a single bounty? Who's the decider for which one going in the first, the second, and the third? Will bounty hunters accept that? There are questions you need to clarify before we going to discuss if it really helps to reduce the dump.
Yes for a single bounty campaign, it works, it's a good way to avoid dumps, mostly done by binance bounty campaigns, the duration is in three phases, the first 30 days of listing, follow by 60 days from listing day and then 90 days from listing.. you can check Cartesi bounty thread for example

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5212075.0

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Denongels

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:31:56 PM

three phases bounty distribution in my opinion is still reasonable because the distribution distance is quite good and also percentage of distribution is fair enough, and also far better compared to bounties that already have an exchange but the distribution is done 1-2% every week even though the rewards that can be obtained will not cause a dump .

Dollar_Hunter

Activity: 1078
Merit: 21

COMBONetworkio

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:45:27 PM

3-phase distribution is not a problem, the problem is if the 3-phase distribution is done and the prize bounty is a little then it's not feasible, just imagine, if you only get $ 50 and divided by 3 phases, what do you think?

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:05:05 PM

for me personally it does not matter, as long as they keep their promises every phase. I've also participated in bounties like that even they pay hunters every month which is only 5%.but the problem now, even though they distribute every month but the price remains dump

B.wealth

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:15:21 PM

Don't be deceived, stop believing hunters are the one dumping price on exchange, investors are holding larger percentage than hunters, team are holding aswell, only investors and team have what it takes to control the market because they are with larger amount of token.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Synerggy

Activity: 248
Merit: 13

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:22:48 PM

When demand for a particular token or coin is pretty low then any little dump will bring the price down easily, buy orders on exchanges is the first thing to watch out for when debating on this OP point, if the token or coin has no strong demand even an 0.01% from the max supply will affect the price big time.

●          ◯        Futira Coin        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        First Crypto-Enabled Telecommunication Network       █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord
nicedreams

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:27:38 PM

Unless you have a good proof to show bounty hunters are solely responsible for dumps, I don't buy it, three stage distribution. If they want to limit their coin on the market, make their bounty into a smaller campaign but don't withhold the reward.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:34:11 PM

If it is the best to secure that their project would survive then we should just accept it.
We should also care about the projects that we are promoting not just dispose them after we receive it after all we choose to promote them because we want to be part of their project or have their token.
I know that most of us promote them for the profit but we should also care about their projects safety.
StreakW

Activity: 1195
Merit: 107

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:39:09 PM

So many project using this step to prevent dump prices on the market, but i think not truly effective. Even if the team makes more than 3 distribution phase, if the coins has no demand, it will dumped too. To avoid dump, i think team must working hard for that, not only think about bounty distribution phase. Remember bounty hunter only receive 1-3% from total alocation

BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:45:25 PM

There are ways to control dumps than distributing bounty tokens in three phases, bounty managers or team should lower bounty allocation to a certain price target and still use limited participants strategy, or they can just use fixed rate tokens to pay
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 07:52:25 PM

Bounty distribution which is done in stages in my opinion is good enough to keep the price of the Coin from going down drastically and will provide benefits or confidence for investors because there is no large-scale coin disposal.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓