Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers favorite tools  (Read 557 times)
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1665

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 07:55:07 AM

I also am a victim of one of those types of projects. Day by day those scammer becoming more creative about scamming peoples. Sometimes i wonder how they find all these unique ideas for stealing people's money. For these types of activity real and potential projects failed to collect enough funds for the project developments. People afraid to lose their money again.
Their creativity to make new ways to scam people will always improved. Those scammers knows how to ride which hype they should enter so they can take advantage of those newbies seeking to gain more profit from your money. Just remember that too good to be true giveaway will always associated with scam. There are no free money easily. You should be able to recognize that after you been scammed.

I notice that scammers do not bring anything new to the market. They repeat the same schemes without coming up with anything new, only the investors who are newbies in cryptocurrency change. Only newbies can believe that you can earn 100% in 24 hours.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 08:12:16 AM

I hope that this is more of a current market history and randomness than a pattern. Audits will fix it
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 09:05:25 AM

I learnt my own lesson about some useless use cases in crypto Projects through Airdrop hunting. I have something against the following use cases like

1. Artificial Intelligence projects
2. Gold backed tokens
3. Deflation tokens

Why? They hardly survives because they are mostly based on lies, these use cases are scammers favorite tools to deceive
Exactly as you said, Buddy, scammers trick is evolving everyday, in 2013-2018 projects were using mining tokens as a trick, nowadays, you can't find new project claiming to be a mining project. Additionally, DeFi (Decentralized Finance) is onboard trick now, members be careful about new projects claiming to be DeFi project because it's booming in the market structure right now. DYOR.
Janus101

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 10:02:06 AM

Their creativity to make new ways to scam people will always improved. Those scammers knows how to ride which hype they should enter so they can take advantage of those newbies seeking to gain more profit from your money. Just remember that too good to be true giveaway will always associated with scam. There are no free money easily. You should be able to recognize that after you been scammed.

I notice that scammers do not bring anything new to the market. They repeat the same schemes without coming up with anything new, only the investors who are newbies in cryptocurrency change. Only newbies can believe that you can earn 100% in 24 hours.
If they have any kind of creativity, I doubt they would use it for trying to scam people. Scammers are the laziest person you could find out there so most of their tricks are also very repetitive. When you see some new project keeps pop up one after another without any creativity, pretty sure scammers project are in it too.
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 10:29:31 AM

Any catchy use case can be used by scammers to fool investors, the lists of use cases they can use are unlimited, it's your job to find any means necessary to spot any scam intents from any new projects and also, since DeFi is reigning now be prepared for some scam DeFi projects

milandres0207

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:13:04 PM

Based on what I had observed I guess Masternode coins are the most effective tools for this to scam others here in this community business in the forum guys. Then, one of the apps they are using it too was Telegram this has been proven and tested I know many of us seen these things
in most telegram channels.
muhammadrafi560

Activity: 174
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:45:50 PM

The most effective tool or trick that scammers used are the spam links that they send through mailbox or other messengers. And unfortunately a large number of people got trapped into this. The thing that insists to click on these links are some kind of Lucarive offers comes alongside these messages. So make sure to never click on scam or unverified link that may arrive in your inbox or message.

█  [   DEFI project with Staking Rewards   ]  █
⬣      Dextrust.org      ⬣
─────    A Community Driven Decentralized Exchange Platform   ───
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:52:08 PM

I think anything that promises instant returns and very high gain are red flags for crypto scams. most successful projects developed slowly but surely. If one wants to invest in crypto, he must research if the projects have practical usage and sustainable development of their platform.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 02:15:34 PM

It's a good thing that over time,we have learnt the trick of most scammy projects, they look so attracting that you will definitely want to invest in it, but it's good a thing most of us have started doing research on projects before investing or even hunting, research helps a lot and reduces risk .

Furious 7

Activity: 2870
Merit: 651

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 02:26:45 PM

It's a good thing that over time,we have learnt the trick of most scammy projects, they look so attracting that you will definitely want to invest in it, but it's good a thing most of us have started doing research on projects before investing or even hunting, research helps a lot and reduces risk .
We must have a way to be able to detect the scamer project, I think it can also make us minimize the risk of what will be invested, identify the project carefully so I am sure if we all understand in understanding this it will be easier to detect it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 02:35:42 PM

Scammers uses catchy and popular concepts to get easy money from gullible investors. They don't do much work and just copy pastes others work with some slight change. Other popular scams except the ones mentioned by OP at the moment are
1. Masternode coins - 90% of them are just scams.
2. Exchange coins - Don't believe any exchange coins as good exchange would always bring their exchange first and issue the ICO on their own exchange.

where tokens will be listed can also be used as a benchmark, how the team manages the project. if a team slides a token into a market exchange with low liquidity, they may just want to cheat and that often happens, where in the end the token ends up with a very low price or exchange rate.
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 02:47:25 PM

I learnt my own lesson about some useless use cases in crypto Projects through Airdrop hunting. I have something against the following use cases like

2. Gold backed tokens
3. Deflation tokens

Why? They hardly survives because they are mostly based on lies, these use cases are scammers favorite tools to deceive

Yes, you are right if something is built on the basis of honesty and have a product, I am very confident that the project is successful especially if you are familiar and known and supported by a strong team and good management.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 02:56:43 PM

Profits can still be make out of bad projects, I tend to hold any new coin for short term only because once they start pumping that will be the last surge you will see and every thing the start crashing down, I remember deflation tokens like Ethplode and BAGS Token, today they are useless

commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 03:40:14 PM

2. Gold backed tokens
3. Deflation tokens

This isn't the case most of the time. They can imitate whatever they like as long as it is convincing or appealing to crypto-folks.
You should know how to spot the fake project by
[1] Go to Google.com
[2] Search "name of the project + review bitcointalk"

Tadah, you are now one click away to know what the Bitcointalker geniuses think of that specific project you were about to explore.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1052
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 03:55:07 PM

2. Gold backed tokens
3. Deflation tokens

This isn't the case most of the time. They can imitate whatever they like as long as it is convincing or appealing to crypto-folks.
You should know how to spot the fake project by
[1] Go to Google.com
[2] Search "name of the project + review bitcointalk"

Tadah, you are now one click away to know what the Bitcointalker geniuses think of that specific project you were about to explore.

While doing so, beware of self moderated threads as the starter of that topic can delete any hostile messages.
And the forum review might not be always sufficient to make a decision as there have been cases of hyped project in this forum and some even endorsed by popular forum figures turned out to be scam. Some prominent DT members and I guess a staff member too lost their position just for promoting fake ICOs knowingly. So, it's better to look at every aspects.

conkeconke

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 06:41:04 PM

While doing so, beware of self moderated threads as the starter of that topic can delete any hostile messages.
And the forum review might not be always sufficient to make a decision as there have been cases of hyped project in this forum and some even endorsed by popular forum figures turned out to be scam. Some prominent DT members and I guess a staff member too lost their position just for promoting fake ICOs knowingly. So, it's better to look at every aspects.
I think you shouldn't be on guard with self moderated. Most time, people just don't like off-topic or signature the only poster make their thread hard to keep track of conversations. Scammers don't have any viable tool in bitcointalk to push their thing and this is why I like to stay at here.
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 07:42:31 PM

I don't think this is really good because I have seen many deflationary projects that survived it and waxed strong. Scammers can use any method to scam not particular steps so you have no concrete reasons to say so. For the fact some failed you shouldn't be that all are scammers. Remember some used the method genuinely before scammers picked the idea because it was working fine.

crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 09:17:56 PM

--
In addition, Stablecoin is also often used as a cover for fraud. Most airdrops are currently less valuable or small in allocations, high price estimates are only sweeteners, often the nominal is too small so it does not reach the minimum requirements to be withdrawn. Although the task is simple, we must continue to analyze and be careful, fraud is everywhere. Research to read the rules, and do not sacrifice your personal identity only for airdrops whose value is not much.
To be safer, for now, I only join airdrops that are held by trusted companies or exchanges, with clear rules and clear allocations. Usually the number of participants is limited, first come first serve.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 09:19:56 PM

One scammer favorite tool you have not mentioned are victims greediness and naive attitudes, if you see an investment opportunity it js only right that you do a comprehensive research about it before venturing, but due to laziness and greed several newbies join ponzis.

Hopefully, newbies learn to do their research independently and enjoy the crypto space
103deltafox

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 09:27:38 PM

I have notice it, these set of use case hardly do well but you keep seeing it, indeed it is scammers tool because their reward looks so tempting and that will lure you into being a part of the project before you know it, they have exited scam,be mindful of projects with juicy offers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: