Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin core wallet loading failed  (Read 102 times)
DjManu_oo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 08:43:57 PM

Hi guys, first of all i want to say that i am new in using bitcoin wallets, and i think i did something wrong. I am using Bitcoin Core for my wallet and i had some money, not much but i want to know hot to open my wallet on future if it happens again.
The problem is  when i want to open my wallet i get this message : ''Wallet loading failed: Prune: last wallet synchronisation goes beyond pruned data. You need to -reindex (download the whole blockchain again in case of pruned node) ''   now its say something but i dont understand what i have to do.....please if you can help me i wood be very grateful. thanx guys!!!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 08:47:56 PM

You need to reindex, Where's the icon for core or do you run it from the command line?

If run from the command line just use "bitcoin-qt - reindex" if you're launching it from a shortcut then the best thing to do would be to copy and paste the shortcut in the same area and rename it to "reindex bitcoin core" then edit the new shortcut by clicking properties and editing the location/target or command box and add a space and -reindex then click apply or OK and run the shortcut. Don't run the shortcut normally just when you get the error.
DjManu_oo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 10:23:32 PM

thank you very much...its started to reindex from 11 years ago Smiley)) but i think this is it ...it shoud work after right???
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2020, 11:58:36 PM

thank you very much...its started to reindex from 11 years ago Smiley)) but i think this is it ...it shoud work after right???
It should be work after reindexing after, but if anything goes wrong to make sure you have already wallet.dat file backup so that you can recover the wallet in the future.

Take a look at this image below

As you can see it's a shortcut icon of Bitcoin core just edit the target box and add the "-rescan" at the end then run the shortcut.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5612

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 04:04:27 AM

-snip-
Do you have enough space in your disk? About 300GB+ more free space.
If so, you can consider disabling pruning if your node is pruned ('Settings->Options->Main' tab->Uncheck "Prune block storage to").
Because it might have been downloading the blockchain again instead of just reindex (and may repeat everytime you see that error).

If not pruned, -reindex will work.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀