Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:31:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Interviews] with Bitcointalk members  (Read 29915 times)
Assam Kingsley

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 02:18:20 PM

1. When and why did you become interested in cryptocurrencies?

OK, I learnt about cryptocurrency from a friend who is into bounty hunting and management. At first when he explain cryptocurrency to me, I never understood. So when i started writing article for new cryptocurrency project, that when I fully understood.

2. When and why did you buy your first bitcoin?
I haven't bought bitcoin before.

3. How did you get on the forum?
My quest to know more about cryptocurrency landed me here. I was introduced by a friend and I have learnt a lot from this forum.

4.1. What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies?
To me firstly, I would say the government refusal to accept cryptocurrency  and secondly not everyone knows about cryptocurrency. My parents and some friends never knew until I told them about it.

4.2. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?
Gambling is a way of earning money and many people are involved in it. Most gambling project are now using cryptocurrency that is good news. If people get to know about such project that would lead to increase adoption of cryptocurrency. So I think it has a positive effect on the forum.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?
It is good source of influence, very helpful and useful. As a newbie, I regard information from those with high merit very importantly.

6. The most useful forum topic? Most helpful users?
I can't say, because all are useful. But as bounty hunter I would say Altcoins discussion.

7. 3 things you would implement on the forum?
For now, the forum is OK to me.

8. Do you trade on exchanges or invest in projects?
Yes, I certainly do from reward as a bounty hunter.

9. Tell a story about your big profit or big loss?
During the onset of Covid-19, I was planing to buy bitcoin but I didn't. To me that was a big loss.

10. What do you think about the DEFI ecosystem?
The DEFI ecosystem is meant to revolutionize the financial ecosystem.

11. Is your anonymity a vital necessity or precaution?
I prefer my privacy, so it is a vital necessity.

12. The last cryptocurrency book you read?
I don't read cryptocurrency books. I get my information online or from whitepaper.

13. Advise 3 cryptocurrencies/tokens for investment in the next 1-2 years?
I advise investing in Bitcoin, Tron and INVZN.

14. How much will Bitcoin cost at the end of 2020?
My guess is about $2000.

15. P.S. (Optional)
Thank you for this opportunity to share my experience in the cryptocurrency world and this forum.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Preshie

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 03:08:06 PM

I became interested in cryptos the moment I heard of it and that was early this year. And because I saw the benefits in crypto so I decide to give it a try; And I have not regretted since then.

I have never purchased Bitcoin before still looking forward to that.

Early this year I heard some people discussing about cryptos then I listen to them went home did my research and found out that this forum(Bitcointalk) was the most known Bitcoin site, I was anxious to know more so I decided to sign up

I think it's because of the usability is a legitimate concern, the real barriers holding back mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies are fear (mainly due to volatility) and confusion (mainly due to crypto's steep learning curve).

4.2. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?

Gambling as we all know is a game of chance, you are not certain if you will meet the jackpot
But if by doing this will promote and help people know more about bitcoin and other crypto currencies then am ok.

4.3. How do you consider whether 2-3 years of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest or does an investor need to receive special education?

2-3years of experience In crypto currency is more than enough for a person to invest but it depends on the type of person. Some people  listen to people without knowing the real truth behind the thing. The will say cryptocurrency is SCAM and the easily believe. What am trying to say is that the is SCAM every where so before you invest in any project or any cryptocurrency you have to do your research.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do the harm the forum?

The merit system and signature campaigns does not harm the system in any way
But the issue of having a rank (jnr member, member e.t.c) before you can participate in the signature campaign is not favourable at all. Chances should also be given to the Newbies

To be sincere I haven't gone through most of the topics here but the one I think that is useful is the one that talks about human freedom

For me right now the fourm is ok

Yes I trade on exchanges but I have not yet invested in any project

There was a time I wanted to purchase some Etherum but I couldn't I took it as a big loss

The DEFI ecosystem is like an extension of Bitcoin block chain

I prefer to keep this private

The edge of cryptocurrency

Bitcoin, litecoin, dodge

I think it will be between the range of $15000-$16000

15. P.S. (Optional)

Thank you for this opportunity to share my experience
Thank you.
Emma Theo

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 04:11:08 PM

I can't remember exactly the time but I think it was the year 2018,and I think the word" DIGITAL CURRENCY" was hat moved me in to cryptocurrencies .

I haven't bought any bitcoin yet .

A friend saw my anxiousness and introduced me to the forum

They are some factors that those not all the mass adoption but I think they influencial of all factor is trust , if you don't trust something u can't  give it a try,.lost of people have been scam through the name Bitcoin .they Masses just need trust to adopt it.

I don't really have much ideas on gambling.

4.3. How do you consider whether 2-3 years of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest or does an investor need to receive special education?
 I don't think an investor needs a special education of any from most especially having been into crypto for 2-3 years,the investor just needs enlightenment of the project he or she is investing in.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?

I don't think so the merit system in the forum is actually  encouraging because it makes people strive to get some merits.the signature campaigns are not quite encouraging because sometimes the pay is not something to write home about even with the level demarcation.

I would go with the Bitcoin discussion forum , because it help give out information and helps share our knowledge about Bitcoin.

I think a specific page to report scam projects and community
 A notification bar or forum for updates of bounties

Honestly speaking I don't invest in projects, I trade

I think there was one project I dedicated my more time to than any other , if I could remember well we were told to pay a specific about of eth ,as I paid the eth ,I discovered it was all a scam and I think that my biggest loss in crypto

I am new in crypto ,I have come across this word a couple of times but I don't really understand it,so I can't make comments about it

I think I will go with precaution at the moment

I haven't seen a crypto book before and this the first time am hearing about a book about crypto.

U never know they one's that pumps up next
But I will go with
Tron
Etherum
Dodge coin

$20k or even more with they rate it's pumping

15. P.S. (Optional)

Answer here
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1434

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 04:19:25 PM

Is the account farming season back ?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

As soon as cryptos are going up again same thing occurs...

I am willing to believe and accept with pleasure that a newbie may want to introduce himself here but ... 4 in a row in a few minutes Smiley

Please stop taking people for morons guys  Roll Eyes
zasad@ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4273

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 04:59:58 PM

Lol, I didn't write an invitation to these members  Grin
No comments..

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1434

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 05:59:30 PM

Lol, I didn't write an invitation to these members  Grin
No comments..

Even without any invitation, i could understand (and even appreciate) someone come and presents himself but ... these accounts will be easy to link together as 'farming' ones by the way (and some here are good farmers hunters  Cheesy).
Incarts

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 07:43:15 PM

My journey in cryptocurrency began in 2018 during my final year in school. I witnessed the feasibility of the cliché "Cryptocurrency can make you rich" when cryptocurrency changed the fortunes of my then lodge-mate. This inspired me greatly, although i haven't been as fortunate as he was, i believe its a gradual process and once i persist, i will certainly get there.

I purchased my first Bitcoin in the same year 2018, when i used the Luno wallet app to purchase a sum after i learnt about the bullish run that had just occurred in late 2017

3. How didou get on the forum?

Same friend whom i watched as cryptocurrency changed his fortunes introduced me to the Bitcointalk forum

I think every innovation requires a little bit of time to attain mass adoption. I believe currently, Bitcoin may be restrained from reaching that stage cause of factors such as  accesibilty; some people perhaps think who needs Bitcoin when fiat currency perfoms their transactions?.  Other factors might be fear of insecurilty or getting their funds exposed to hackers and scammers.

I for one is not against gambling project, and i dont think it poses any form of harm to the community

I think experience plays a crucial role for investors to succeed. However it doesn't end there; you need patience, persistence, trial and error; and a stroke of luck. However, investors would be doing themselves a lot good to receive formal training as this could save them from taking uncalculated risks.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  
Do they harm the forum?
Spamming does more harm to the forum and i believe the current merit system and signature campaign curbs spamming. Rewarding valid opinions too is encouraging as this will encourage positive posting.

Plenty insightful topics exist on the forum, and depending on what users want, they can always find the suitable topics to join. For the most helpful users, i can't think of any right now.

If i had the might, i would moderate altcoin sections better and implement more ways to check the validity of bounties that make the bounty section and more approaches to curb spamming

I do more of arbitrage trading

I had my biggest profit with AEN token which i sold making huge profits. However the next day it looked more like a loss as it appreciated five times more than the price the previous day

i'm a fan of the DeFi movement, decentralization and open-source minimizes overall costs and improves security

I would tag it a precaution to protect ones identity

I have never read a cryptocurrency book, however i read lots of articles online to inform myself and stay abreast on recent developments

Bitcoin for me is the best to invest in. However, you should make your research, beware of the risk involved in investing and follow your instincts

It is hard to predict, but judging from the recent bull run, i think it will at least equal the all time high of $20,000 before the year ends

15. I am an ardent bounty hunter and article writing mainly is my flair
nullCoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1452

till 25.07

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 10:00:11 AM
Merited by LoyceV (4), DdmrDdmr (2), JayJuanGee (1), 1miau (1), zasad@ (1)

thank you zasad@ for the invitation and the opportunity to exchange some experiences, opinions and thoughts here.
I have already read some interviews from members i know and they were very interesting and good. As i am not an English native speaker, I apologize for my insufficiencies, but i hope and think that you still can understand my answers. So let's finally start  Grin

When and why did you become interested in cryptocurrencies?
For crypto circumstances very late in the beginning of 2017 I started to explore crypto currencies. Frustrated by system-relevant banks failures, which privatized profits for years and then let us taxpayers pay for their "gambling" losses (crash 2009). And the more I read about it, the more frustrated I became (CumCum and CumEx) and realized that the whole financial system is exploited by bad actors. Another reason was the fact that I couldn't even buy an apartment for my family in the city where we live (100qm 600k EUR and more, just crazy...) with the money I saved over decades. So I looked around for alternative “investment” opportunities and came across the great blog "Der Altcoinspekulant" from our worldcoiner from the forum. I read there about IOTA (wink qwk) and other projects like Tezos, Byteball etc. It seemed to be the possibility to get a financial independence maybe to break out of the "hamster wheel" after all.

When and why did you buy your first bitcoin?
On 31th January 2017 i bought my first BTC. BTC was around $1,000 USD. And the main reason was to buy with some BTC-parts IOTA at Yassins Slack Exchange.

How did you get on the forum?
Via the blog from "Der Altcoinspekulant" and google

4.1 What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies?
nothing, if it is a national/central crypto currency. We will see that the upcoming 3 years... Well, perhaps nevertheless only a national one, we saw that even Telegram didn't make it   Cheesy

Currencies bring great power and responsibility, so states will try to hold on to them. Without hyperinflations they will succeed for a long time, but in some states like Venezuela and others, decentralized Cyrpto currencies will be introduced, why? Because you can buy them with your smartphone or computer "simply over the Internet".

Decentralized crypto-currencies lack transparency, simplicity of operation, risk of total loss through own or external fault. Also purposes and scalability remain questionable and problematic for most projects out there.
So what am I doing here anyway?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
We are still in an early phase, in which projects come and go, one hype after the another, 2017 ICOs, 2020 DEFI, 2025 GOOFY, no wait, this will then surely be a Disney NFT. Back to the question... Projects, and here I include BTC as well, where whales manipulate the market or noone knows who is holding major parts of them or the origin/supply of the coins/tokens is unclear, will have to continue to fight for mass introduction/adoption until an appropriate distribution and transparency is achieved. I think in the upcomming 3 years will be many projekts with use cases that will get there adoption in niches or regions, but only as utilities and not as currencies.

4.2 How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?
Gambling is a niche like many others. Everywhere there are good and bad providers/actors. As long as the forum does not exclusively stand for gambling projects, I don't see a problem there.

4.3 How do you consider whether 2-3 years of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest or does an investor need to receive special education?
That depends. On the one hand, you can invest in BTC for the long-term without a lot of experience, but if you want to deal with all other shitcoins and hypes, 2-3 years of experience alone may not be enough.

I was very skeptical about the merit system in the beginning, but after all i think it was good for the forum.

The signature campaigns are as good and bad as their projects and campaign managers. quality instead of quantity.

The most useful forum topic? Most helpful users?
For me as a German the tax thread, Taxes are such a pain ;-) I read somewhere that 80% of the literature about taxes worldwide is written in German Tongue
Since I'm only in the German subs I can only tell for there. And there it's simply the culture and manners that I appreciate very much. Folks are very helpful and mostly respectful with each other, also we some very technical and experienced users there.

1st I think a contemporary technology update would be appropriate.
2nd F2A would be great, but I'm afraid that it would increase the administrative effort for loss and recovery.

In 2017 I traded far too much. The tax office was very happy with me in 2018 and even 2019.
I was also caught by the ICO FOMO train in 2017, I put my trading profits directly into ICO projects again. I have to mention that I have no idea about trading, but in 2017 you couldn't do anything wrong because just everything went up.

Today I don't trade at all anymore and for the last two years I only put some money into Avalance. How many I sit on shitcoin bags and wait and hope to get rid of them to trade them in BTC and FIAT.
Unfortunately I still have a miserable portfolio balance and hardly any BTC, which I hope to change soon, at least 50% BTC is my goal here.

Nothing spectacular here from me...
I had some painful ICO total losses, but the biggest position i had to pay were still taxes for 2017 and 2018 Tongue Concerning wins: it remains to be seen if and which projects will bring the biggest wins, at the moment it is too early for that. from most projects i pulled my invest out so far. Or in other words: the profit lies within the purchase.

10. what do you think about the DEFI ecosystem?
doomed to failure, at least in this early phase. Towards the end of the ICO bubble, people became careful, there were checklists to see who was behind the project and the team, and DEFI is now completely undoing that. It has never been easier to collect funds anonymously and then make an exit scam. You don't even need a website, whitepaper or anything else like that anymore, you create a Twitter, Telegram and Discord channel, raise awareness, promise crazy APYs and let poeple deposit their money (greed eats brains) and then make a rug pull.

And what should be clear to everyone is that even etablished DEFI system will only be tolerated by state regulators if the transactions of the users are traceable for them.

11. is your anonymity a vital necessity or precaution?
in the end both

actually so far no specific crypto currency book. Apart from many whitepapers, theories and opinions, the last book I read about the financial market situation was by Weik and Friedrich "Der Crash ist die Lösung" from 2015, maybe i should read the actual book "Der größte Crash aller Zeiten" from 2019 as well, and that was even without Corona  Lips sealed
But in the interviews here I have seen some books that I should really actually read.

13. Recommend 3 crypto currencies/tokens for investments in the next 1-2 years?
i can't give any advise here DYOR, cryptos are very high risk and volatile. Only "invest" what you can loose without ruining yourself and maybe your family. don't get greedy and be patient.

i think the best bet is still BTC (risk/reward ratio)
Beside that my biggest hopes in my portfolio are IOTA, XTZ and AVAX. i may miss ETH, but i can live with that.

hmm in 7 weeks... Wait, I need to see what my crystal ball says...
around 25k USD

Thank you for your time  Wink

Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1247
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 06:17:28 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), zasad@ (1)

Interesting thread.  Thanks for the invite.

In 2013 if i recall correctly. At that time, bitcoin was relatively low in price and it could be mined on cex.io.  not sure what attracted me to it other than pure speculation, but at some point, the gigahertz i bought on cex.io were offset by the drop in bitcoin price and i got out completely.

In 2013, i think for pure speculation.  I can't recall where i even heard of it.

To be able to trade collectibles for crypto.  Often one can buy at a lower price and make gains in fiat.  Folks wanting to get into icos at a good price will take a loss i think.

Volatility for sure and complexity.  We all have likely loss funds due to forgetting/misplacing private keys or scams.  the general public won't accept this kind of risk.

No comment. gambling inherently risky alone. combined with risks above makes it doubly so.

It depends on if you are with a proven operation or a budding one.  at this point in crypto, there are proven ones.  but if a new one, it will take that long to gain traction as they are late to the party.

i like merit system. i'm not aware of signature campaign.

The sticky notes.  All new users should read those thoroughly.

No comment. i like it as is.

Yes. Quite often

Loss a few times buying without escrow agent. always use escrow for unknown sellers.  No big profits.  Maybe just 2x or 3x on small things like baseball cards.

It is what scares banks most.  peer-to-peer lending, exchanging.  May be the next big thing for a long time.

If you are on the internet, anyone can identify you if they want.  I've seen users here report break-ins to their homes, so try not to keep expensive items at home.  use a P.O. box for deliveries.

If it is in a book, it is likely outdated.  There may not even be a defi book yet. Google will learn your interests after a while and send you the headlines you like.

Celsicus - Great CEO and business model designed for increased growth, Divi - Easy to setup masternodes and early in project development, Bitcoin - Institutional investors going in now, so this pump we are seeing is the real deal.

$19,000

15. P.S. (Optional)

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 03:56:35 AM

This is quite interesting, thanks for reaching out.

2013.  Some trader at work was into bitcoin.  I started mining and learned a lot.  I got into it because I liked the people, the idea, the tech, it just all fit.

I never really did buy it, mined it in 2013.

I was new to mining and looking for new coins and knowledge.  Led me right here.

There is already mass recognition of Bitcoin which is very good.  Adoption takes time, a lot of people don't use the internet to pay their bills still.

I think mass advertising in general is maybe negative.  I have no problem with gambling although I do not gamble myself.  Just dont see the point.

2-3 years is a long time, its enough. 

I don't think they do but things change all the time, thats good.

Altcoin mining section.  And most helpful users on that subject would be those in Philipma's threads.  Thats whats most useful to *me* anyways.

probably tipping people easily

Yes but i dont invest in projects

Had a signature campaign for DeepOnion since the 2nd week for the airdrops.  I can't explain it but it turned out to be my best "investment".

I think its great.  But at the same time I think its not so great.  I like mostly the new ideas, liquidity pools and how it sets the coin price.

It unfortunately is but it is not a vital necessity to participate.

Dont remember but i'll plug some books i liked such as Mastering Bitcoin and The Internet of Money. I liked cryptonomicon also.  I enjoyed Crypto and Codebreakers also (but these are not about cryptocurrency).  I like books.

Bitcoin.  Ethereum is probably going to pump once a new popular thing based on it takes off.  The third one is one we haven't discovered yet so keep looking and creating.

55000$

Optional thought:
Bitcoin for me is more about economic freedom.  For all.

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 01:12:49 PM

These are my answers. Thanks for letting me participate in this wonderful interview!

I became interested in cryptocurrency when I'm a student, around 2017. I started at faucets and BTC giveaways 'cause I don't have enough money to invest in it. The reason why I became interested is because of the profit, I saw potential in it as I studied blockchain as one of the applications of programming.

I didn't earn it, I get it through an exchange of alternative coin. It's the time I started to be a bounty hunter and earn profit by doing campaign tasks.

It was recommended on google as I searched more about cryptocurrency and found some threads that talk about bitcoin in the forum. I also have known that I can earn some cryptocurrency in this forum, which is wrong because it results in wrongdoings in the forum.

Most people still don't have access to the internet that's why it's difficult to implement mass adoption in a country. Here in my country, there are always ISPs service errors, I think it'll be a flaw if we adopt the use of crypto in every payment system. Also, many people still doubt the potential of bitcoin, they are very unsure of its capabilities and still not trust it due to scams that involve bitcoin.

The one who benefits here is the company itself, it'll help them to increase the users of their gambling platform while the forum increases their members daily, since valuable information and feedback about different gambling platforms are in here.

It's enough tho, even 1 year of experience can already successfully invest in crypto.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?
No, it doesn't harm the forum. Actually, it helps a lot in the forum to avoid spammers in the group. The merit systems were also applied in such campaigns, they require now merits to be able to participate and earn money. The current signature campaigns in btc are well-handed by some of our campaign managers here, and I know that they're trying to do their best to avoid problems.

Newbie guide I guess? There are a bunch of beginners who don't read newbie guides and keep doing the wrong thing in the forum. They ended up being a shitposter or spammer of the forum.

Moderators, Campaign Managers and Scam busters. They're the ones who spent a lot of time making the forum better.

I usually trade.

Big profit is when I particpated an alt campaign, I read their whitepaper and the intention and goal was really good. I spent a lot of time there and invested, after that, the price pumped.

New-gen was really great.
Of course but it is still hard to trust on the internet, anyone can identify you if they have the ability to do it.

I don't usually read books or e-books but the last time I read and learn more about cryptocurrency is when I tried Coursera and other learning platforms.
Of course, bitcoin, ethereum and the last is idk, there are many potential coins out there but it's not guaranteed that it will give profit soon.
Hoping for $21k, new ATH please! That's why I keep hodling my coins.

VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 04:38:38 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2020, 04:52:50 PM by VB1001
Merited by LoyceV (4), JayJuanGee (2), fillippone (2), vapourminer (1), d5000 (1), DdmrDdmr (1), bitserve (1), Csmiami (1)

Thanks for inviting me to participate in your thread.
Here are my replies to your interview:

I needed to buy a GPU with a lot of power for a video and design server, but in the search results of the browser strange words began to appear that I had never heard and were not related to my search, pools, rig, bitcoin, hashrate.

If I remember well in the middle of 2017 when BTC was looking for a bottom at 3,700 / 3,800 and everyone gave it up for dead, I started reading and contrasting any article in different media that talked about Bitcoin, including Bitcointalk, then I saw how almost everything in life that the original is always number 1.

First without being registered, looking for GPU information, I read a lot in the forum, then I registered in 2017 and I was inactive for a long time until 1 / Dec / 2018 that by chance I met the Wall Observer thread and it all started there, all the thread is BTC and I liked that, but I also noticed that most of the Wall Observer members were wearing hats and I wanted one, authentic xhomerx10 hat, although I signed up in 2017, very little activity and 0 merits, it was impossible, but I had the lucky to receive several tips from Last of the V8s bitserve JayJuanGee and DdmrDdmr in my local section on how I had to do it to increase my rank, the only way was to contribute and participate in the forum.

I am convinced that if Bitcoin had gone its own way we would be talking about a high adoption percentage at the moment, the copies, altcoins, shitcoins, scams, have not helped the early adoption of Bitcoin at all, this has caused a delay. and fear of people who do not know Bitcoin, but now there is little left, just make it a little easier for people to buy and sell Bitcoin naturally and without danger of losing their coins, today people are used to doing anything with the smartphone and it has to be fast, secure and instantaneous, that's what they want.

Any well-managed campaign can benefit the community and Bitcoin.

You should always be advised by someone who knows the cryptocurrency market or invest many hours to get to know it but, as in the traditional stock market, until you lose you will not learn.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?
- Merit: Today I see it well, otherwise this forum would be unmanageable due to the amount of spam that there would be, the Merit system forces, among other things, to publish content with a minimum of quality, those who make an effort gain recognition, credibility and more merit.
- Signatures: You have to live with them, for various reasons.
- Damage the forum? They only damage the forum when they litter a thread with useless replies.

The most useful topic: certainly for me Wall Observer, here is the hard core of Bitcoin, Hodlers and Bulls constantly reporting.
Most useful users, this question I suppose could have a very broad answer, but I will answer it in order of priority, I will include 3:
- satoshi
- Hal Finney
- theymos
The forum in general, whatever section you visit, you always find interesting topics from useful users, difficult to name them all.

1 I like how it is, I would not change anything except at the time of registration, I would not let a single post be published without first reading the forum rules.
2 We must work on the SEO positioning of the local sections, we are losing thousands and thousands of visits and possible new members.
3 It takes a bitcointalk own initiative with seminars, guides, courses and live broadcasts as is being done in the Bitcoin media ecosystem, but we do nothing, someone would have to update the twitter account daily and have a YouTube channel to broadcast live events. Bitcoin was born here and the people who will never come to the forum but one day will buy Bitcoin, they have to know, all the media in the sector talk and write about Bitcoin but there is rarely a link to Bitcointalk and this is not fair. There is enough educational material on the forum to carry out such an initiative and spread the recognition that Bitcointalk deserves.

No, I try to buy and not sell, although sometimes life forces you to make decisions that you did not have foreseen.

The best advice: Hodler

The new ICO?...

I think privacy is important, maintaining a correct OPSEC grade is necessary.

I recommend, Bitcoin Whitepaper and all the publications of satoshi and Hal Finney among others, in general look for the threads and read the old comments of the forum you will be surprised.

Easy: There is no choice here, Bitcoin.

We will probably close the year around 14,000 or 15,000 if we go up it will be for some cause external to Bitcoin, the current situation is quite confusing around the world and we are living with a pandemic, although the markets can go in any direction.
I would settle for a stability in the price of Bitcoin in the coming months.

15. P.S. (Optional)
A special thanks, to the people in charge of keeping the forum clean of junk accounts and to the scam hunters.

1PCm7LqVkhj4xRpKNyyEeekwhc1mzK52cT
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 11:21:20 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), zasad@ (1)

This is pretty cool project by zasad@. Here goes mine...

Questions:
I became aware of Bitcoin in 2011 or 2012, and tried to mine with a shitty laptop for a few hours then gave up. I really became engaged at the end of 2013 when I became aware of Dogecoin, and mined some with shitty laptops and joined some channels on freenode IRC.

I started buying some BTC in early 2014 on Coinbase because I was attracted to the permissionless nature of it.

After realizing my shitty laptops were shitty I bought a bunch of GPUs and started mining all sorts of crapola in early 2014, and this was the place to find out about the latest and greatest crapola.

Nothing. It's happening. You can buy Bitcoin in Cashapp and Paypal apps.

I don't think it has a major effect one way or another.

If you stick with Bitcoin you only need 2-3 weeks of experience I think.

The merit system is a nice feature to provide some more user feedback. It would be really neat if bitcointalk could add some kind of native token that rewards the most merited users that was tradeable as well, along the lines of what reddit is doing with MOONs and BRICKs in the /r/cryptocurrency and /r/fortnitebr subreddits, respectively. Obviously they wouldn't do it on the Ethereum blockchain, but maybe on [rgb or something](https://rgb-org.github.io/).

In the beginning the most useful topics for me were the altcoin ANN section where I could find new coins to mine. Nowadays it is probably in the Collectibles section where I like to check out what's for sale.

• Merit as a tradeable asset as mentioned above
  • The option to buy a premium membership that removed all sigs
  • Blackjack and hookers?

Yes.

I have been involved with Monero in some respect since almost the beginning. It has paid off financially but it has also introduced me to a lot of very smart folks and put me through some experiences that I never would have been through otherwise. The real profits are the friends we make along the way.

I think it's overhyped over the summer, but probably going to stick around and grow over the long term. Honestly, Bitcoin is DeFi in my opinion, and stuff like this is a pretty cool example of it:
https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-lightning-network-payment-channel-liquidity

No, I'm not anonymous. You can figure out who I am if you really care.

Neuromancer?

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero

15. P.S. (Optional)
If you've been blessed with a stash of Bitcoin, please consider donating some to MAGIC grants to support students attending university that have an interest in cryptocurrency:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5284103
https://www.magicgrants.org/
Chris Barth

Activity: 569
Merit: 88

Credibility: 999

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 08:43:14 AM

I am willing to believe and accept with pleasure that a newbie may want to introduce himself here but ... 4 in a row in a few minutes Smiley

I did an insight in those accounts, they were created long before now. Also, they made the comments with hours interval. So, I don't think it's farming. Maybe one of them found this thread and share it to his friends or something. That's by the way. Thanks for the thread tho. I think I should drop my answers one of these days.

Get a wallet and move some BTCs, here's mine: [12GZz7hegu8VCkJYHSuP3WTXg7LGXgL1vT]
zasad@ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4273

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 09:30:02 AM

I did an insight in those accounts, they were created long before now. Also, they made the comments with hours interval. So, I don't think it's farming. Maybe one of them found this thread and share it to his friends or something. That's by the way. Thanks for the thread tho. I think I should drop my answers one of these days.
Almost all of Assam Kingsley's posts begin with:
PROOF OF REGISTRATION    Smiley

Preshie has the same + bounty reports:)
Emma Theo the same.
Incarts the same.

I will not add links to their interviews in 1 post.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Chris Barth

Activity: 569
Merit: 88

Credibility: 999

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 09:35:19 AM

Almost all of Assam Kingsley's posts begin with:
PROOF OF REGISTRATION    Smiley

Preshie has the same + bounty reports:)
Emma Theo the same.
Incarts the same.

I will not add links to their interviews in 1 post.

Yea, I get your point. I'm just saying that these people could be friends who joined this platform to earn from it (bounty purpose). Simply don't add their interview links. But if you're doing this, do it because they didn't pm you first and get an approval. Not because they are not members (they are members after all).

Get a wallet and move some BTCs, here's mine: [12GZz7hegu8VCkJYHSuP3WTXg7LGXgL1vT]
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 04:34:32 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2020, 09:55:33 PM by wttbs
Merited by LoyceV (8), DdmrDdmr (2), vapourminer (1), zasad@ (1)

September 2012 a fellow worker informed me about bitcoin, I read the whitepaper and got very interested. Few months later I joined this forum to get more info, read stories and so on about Bitcoin.

I started mining bitcoin in 2013, in 2015 I bought my first Bitcoin on an exchange. Why? just to find out how it works.

Thru the internet.

People don't know about it, don't trust it, still believe in banks and it's too technical or difficult to use for noobs.

4.2. When did you start collecting physical coins - bitcoins?

September 2013 I bought my first collectable coin: Antana - Satoshi Nakamoto

4.3. What is the rarest and most expensive collectible coin?

The ones that does excist? or the one I own? The coin I most cherish/like is the NastyFans 1oz .9999 FINE GOLD "BITCOIN" BINARY ROUND

4.4. Please tell us about the market for collectible crypto coins? Is the market increasing?

Nope, about the same people that buy and sell coins at the forum here. Sometimes a newbie comes around collecting coins.

I think it's fine, I don't pay much attention to it.

There are many uselful topics and helpful users, I guess everybody has his/her own favorite.

Personally I like jstefanop great guy who designed his own miner to bring mining to your home.

Also Ognasty for starting Nastyfans and creating awesome coins/tokens.

Don't know any

Yes, some trading but nothing much.

Big loss: bought a lot of collectable coins and stuff paying with Bitcoin, better did not do that and HODL the BTC  Grin

It's crap.

Not really

None

Nothing to advise, always do your own research.

My personal "crazy" bets: CasinoCoin CSC , TOMOchain , V-ID VIDT
more like 3 to 4 years to moon

$18211.70

15. P.S. (Optional)

I am kind of proud I did a project making our own Yiazo miner. Financially it was not a success, not the right time to sell them and no way to compete with Chinese companies. Lessons learned but awesome work with people who like cryptomining. It was developed by Dutch designers/developers and manufactured in the Netherlands.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 05:51:54 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2021, 04:23:39 PM by cr1776
Merited by LoyceV (8), vapourminer (3), DdmrDdmr (2), fillippone (2), d5000 (1), JayJuanGee (1), qwk (1), zasad@ (1), seek3r (1)

Thanks for the invite.  Interesting to see some of these.

Questions and answers:

Sunday, July 11, 2010 in the evening. I read the white paper and realized that (despite what people who either hadn’t read the paper or hadn’t understood it said) bitcoin was an important step and was useful as it related to the Byzantine Generals Problem.  There were a bunch of idiots around (and still are) making ridiculous arguments like “I’ll just duplicate my hard drive and have double the coins.”  “Bitcoin will fail.”

The biggest interest is that bitcoin takes power from the statist authoritarians and keep people free.  Bitcoin gives people the power over the products of their own lives. You make money by spending the hours of your life to earn it and you should control it.  You aren’t at the mercy of someone who wants power over you.   Did you live in Cyprus when there are capital controls and have bitcoin?  Screw the politicians, and leave.  Live in Venezuela and need to flee the authoritarians?  With bitcoins, no problem.  With everything else, they’ll probably steal/confiscate it at the border.  Stuck in Hong Kong with the communists restricting freedom?  Use bitcoin to get your assets out before they are stolen.  Or at least convert some assets into bitcoin so they aren’t locked down like other assets in China.  Tools like bitcoin protect liberty from people who are willing to sacrifice you to their own “needs.”  Protect yourself from nonsense like that: buy some bitcoin.  South Korea has capital controls, lots of places do.  Protect yourself.

Anyone who will vote their own liberty away is bad enough, but voting everyone else’s away for their own greed is worse. What does it say about their character and their lack of caring for their family, let alone other people, to do that?  Not much, but there are a surprising number of people who want someone else to pay for their choices.  Bitcoin can help now, but as adoption increases, more so.

Bailouts for banks mean bailouts for people - depositors, shareholders, employees etc.  Do you want to be forced into bailing out someone else's bad choices or should you have the freedom to decide for yourself who you help?  Bitcoin gives you the power and responsibility to decide how you want to respond.  Someone can't just come in and give your "account" a "haircut" or inflate the value away (a hidden tax on everyone).  Follow the money, who is helped by the polices.

The article on slashdot on July 11, 2010 exposed a lot of people to bitcoin, lots of people had the chance to be involved.  Lots of people missed it. I ran the 0.3.x version for a very long time.

I didn’t.  I just started mining around July 2010.  Actually, I take that back, I think I bought a few hundred dollars worth in 2019 to pay someone since it was easier than accessing cold storage.

I found it on google in July/August 2010 and I had been reading the forum for more than a year before finally registering.  I was getting 3 more new GPU cards going and thought I might have some questions about it.  Turns out, I got things set and it took a while until I actually joined in the conversation.

- Ease of use.  
- Lack of US ETF to enable more investment directly from a brokerage account.
- Lack of full anonymity.  
- Security of computer and mobile operating systems.  When you have OSs that are insecure, will people be willing to trust that their coins are secure?  Everything - backup included - needs to be end-to-end encrypted using on device keys so that a hack somewhere doesn’t open everyone’s devices up.  Have a private key on your device?  At least there is another layer of encryption if it is encrypted on-device.  Of course, that messes up the plans of those who want to control everyone and everything in the world since they can’t crack them (yet).  If your bitcoins are on your computer and you get a virus, you may be screwed.  Ditto on your mobile device.  In many ways the irreversibility of bitcoin is a great thing except if your computer is insecure.  All the CPU manufacturers have had serious bugs, all the OS venders have too.  Device security is critical.

Remember that any politician or bureaucrat who is trying to sell you on a backdoor, does not have your interests at heart.  They have one goal: power.  Don’t buy the siren song of backdoors being necessary. Backdoors in hardware or software are evil.  They may be put their with good intentions, but they will be compromised, it is a just a question of when and then anyone who relies on them for security (bitcoin or otherwise) will be screwed.  

- Uncensorability.  Do you want Facebook, Twitter, Google, PayPal or anyone else to be able to freeze your assets because you don’t toe the politically correct, authoritarian line?  Do you want to be “cancel cultured” if you don’t bow down to the mob?  Bitcoin helps you keep your freedom.  Do you want them to control your money?  

I just ignore the ads, and don’t gamble since I know the odds are always in the house’s favor - unless you are counting cards and there is no CSM.  Unless you *are* the house, gambling is a fools errand.  Does it harm the forum?  In the sense of getting a lot of nonsense, low content, high noise posts, yes it does harm it.  If people get involved for the ads and then truly get involved after seeing the benefits, then it is a positive.  I don’t know the ratio of the number of people who just spam post and then leave vs the ones who stay for real reasons.

Five minutes, maybe 60 minutes, experience is enough time to invest.  Go to someplace (coinbase, square, many other places) and buy some.  Don’t sell.  Anyone who has done that at any point with the exception of a few weeks at the end of 2017 has done quite well.  If you are trading, well, there is a huge amount of luck there and you are just trying to out smart hundreds of other people to sell before a drop and know when the bottom is in.  Trading isn’t investing.  Some people will do well, a lot won’t.  One needs to not be afraid to cut losses (if any).  This isn't rocket science that requires a lot of education or experience.

I also love (sarcasm) how some people term buying and holding “hoarding”.  That is a nonsense term that people use to add a negative connotation to people who believe in bitcoin and were/are willing to take a risk.  What is the real agenda of people who say it is “hoarding”?  Probably to weaken bitcoin.  Ditto for bitcoin “expiring after X years of not moving” and then being “redistributed.”  A bunch of nonsense by statist toadies who want to weaken bitcoin to increase their own power.  

A nice thing about an ETF or private wealth coming in is that it isn't traders, but investors so they are in for the long haul, not minutes, hours, days, or weeks. It provides more stability to the fiat price, less volatility and better price discovery.  And more demand, obviously.

Signature campaigns are fine. Do they add much?  Not really.  Does anyone pay attention to them?  With all the scams that have happened in the past, I am skeptical of anything that is sig advertised.  The Merit system is okay, I don’t pay much attention to it.

I always like the technical and development sections and read those, but don’t do much replying in there recently (e.g. the last 3-4 years) - too much other stuff going on.  Kids and the like.

On the forum?  Not much.  I haven’t given it much thought.  Perhaps a way to be truly anonymous given the hacks of the database over the years - e.g. no email address needed.  Of course, that cat is out of the bag now.  

No.  I’ll invest time in projects.  I invest in my own projects.

Start mining in 2010.  Don’t sell.  Cool story bro.  There isn’t much to tell though.  If I’d had a crystal ball, I would’ve sold everything in December 2017 and repurchased in March 2020. Or just delivered a pizza. (Funny story there, but that's for another time).  Of course, no one knows the future.

The more legitimate projects and the more use cases, the better.  This is a nice use.

Anonymity is always a good thing.  It protects freedom of speech, it protects people from bad actors, and it is critical to the future success of the world.  Not just bitcoin, or cryptocurrency, but the freedom of the world.

Just ask Thomas Paine, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Patrick Henry and others about the importance of free, anonymous speech.  Anyone who believes that anonymity is unimportant or shouldn’t be permitted wants to stop people from speaking freely in order to stop criticism of things.  Anyone who believes that people should not be able to fund others who are speaking anonymous, also wants to stop criticism of themselves and stop freedom of speech in the world.  Anyone who thinks that “hate speech” is real intends to stop all speech they don’t like.  Subjective definitions like that are useful for totalitarians to control people.

Anonymity for money is just as important.  Anonymous speech is useless without an audience or without the ability to get the message out.  Consequently one of the most important areas in bitcoin is true anonymity of transactions. The powerful governments and entities (like Facebook, Google and others) won’t like it because of “think of the children”, “terrorism”, and other tropes.  

Anyone who is against anonymity wants control.  Control of you and everyone else.  Control over what you say, to whom you say it, and everyone else who sees it.  They want you to self-censor.  Just ask anyone who won’t toe the line on Twitter how that works.  Do you want to have your money banned, shadow-banned, or censored so no one else can get it/see it?

Without the freedom to be anonymous and uncensored, you can't be free.

I haven’t unless you count things like Snow Crash which isn’t technically cryptocurrency related. Much of the stuff is just so basic that it isn't worth the time.
 I’ll read very technical stuff on the engineering and programming side of things, but cryptocurrencies in general? Not a lot.  Projects built on top of bitcoin are important for their uncensorability and decentralization.  Both built on top of the bitcoin coin, and using forks of the bitcoin codebase.  e.g. things like Twister. So I’ll look at them and their code and documentation.

Bitcoin.  Everything else is quite derivative.  Ethereum is about the only interesting one, but it is very centralized in many ways, is (from what I’ve seen) much more difficult to get a node up and synched, and consequently not in the same league as bitcoin.

The huge value of the bitcoin ecosystem helps to provide the security of the network.  It is a virtuous circle.  None of the alts have that.

Perhaps a better question is what will be the cost to you and your family if you DO NOT have some bitcoin as an inflation hedge, insurance against bad governments and the like.  What will the opportunity cost be for not having some even in relatively normal circumstances. What would the opportunity cost be of being in a Cyprus, Venezuela, or Hong Kong-like situation wishing you had owned some to protect yourself?  So what will not owning bitcoin cost you at the end of 2020 and onwards?

As far as the fiat price in US dollars will be between 0 and 1,000,000. :-)  Everything else is just a guess, there are so many variables.  Given the uses of bitcoin to protect one’s assets from statist authoritarians (fascist, socialist, communist, totalitarian etc), given the uses of bitcoin to facilitate commerce (e.g. cross border, or gambling - as I said, I don’t do it, but lots of people exercise their freedom to do so), given the smart contract features, given the inflation protection, and given all the other proposed uses, the future looks bright. Will an ETF happen before then?  Probably not.  (Will one happen in the next 4 years (given the potential now much more statist president), probably not - but who knows.)

With the resurgence of statist authoritarians around the world, more people will realize the advantages of owning bitcoin.  Will many more realize the need in the next 2 months?  Some, but who knows how many.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and it just takes a step at a time to get there.  Voting away freedom one step at a time isn't any worse than doing it all at once.  It is merely a slower trip.  Everyone should protect some of their assets.  Be on the right side of history and protect yourself, your family, and your freedom.  Bitcoin is an off ramp on the road to hell where you can protect yourself from the arbitrary whims of the statists.

Remember that “free" bread for one means slavery for someone else.  All the people wanting the "free" bread don't realize that they're going to be the ones providing the bread for someone large number of others - at the point of a gun while the politicians in the centralized capitals take their vig. They think they're only going to be receiving it. And that is bad enough that they believe their needs entitle them to use the force of government to take it from someone else, but voting everyone else into that immoral view is worse. Disposing of the hours and minutes of someone else's life merely because they "need" something (a cell phone or whatever) is evil. What's worse is that the people who don't (or aren't able to) think about it trumpet a socialist/communist type platform as something virtuous, not something evil and immoral. It isn't charity if it's at the point of a gun and it isn't moral or charitable if it's somebody else's money.   Bitcoin stops people from taking your money.  Obviously you pay taxes, but a Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Chavez, Castro, Mao, Xi, Hitler, won’t be able to come in and take your assets if you leave the country.  And with anonymity, won’t know you have them.

So the value of bitcoin depends on the value that many individuals put on the hours and minutes of their lives and the degree to which they intend to protect themselves from people who want to take the products of their lives.  Long answer: no one knows the price, but over longer periods - years - the trend is very likely much higher.

15. P.S. (Optional) - since there was no question, I wrote what I wanted
10 years ago, I would’ve been quite clear that bitcoin was an experiment and could fail.  That is still true today, but it has a decade under its belt and is much less likely to fail.  The future for bitcoin in particular, and even crypto in general, is bright.  Not the scam coins and others that offer little value.  Concentrated mining right now is one worry, particularly in a communist regime.  Just ask Hong Kong how being under the thumb of a communist regime is working out.  Just ask the people of Taiwan how it is to live in fear of China.  How many time over the last 10+ years now have people said things like “Bitcoin will never hit $1.  Bitcoin will never maintain dollar parity.  Bitcoin will never hit $10 or $100 or $1000 or $20000.”  Too many to count.  The doubters have been proven wrong for more than a decade.  The people who understood the import of the project and were willing to wait have been greatly rewarded.

My main concerns and areas that are critical right now are:
- Concentration - mining concentration is a fear.
- Hash rate decrease - unlikely to happen, but you never know if miners are concentrated and a government tries to take them down.
- Freedom - bitcoin and similar decentralized, pseudonymous projects are critical to protect everyone from statists.  This is why bitcoin and its ilk are so important.
- Responsibility:  How many people keep their phones or computers updated?  Lots do not and you end up with infections on your PC and mobile device.  Then you end up with people saying “bitcoin is not secure” when the device itself is hacked.  Ditto for when exchanges get hacked or when there are exit scams.  People always look to blame someone else.  Bitcoin requires responsibility since there isn’t a credit card company to call and say “my card is stolen.”  

Bitcoin isn’t perfect, but is reasonably uncensorable (mining concentration is the worry there).  Anonymity isn’t great, but great strides are being made in that direction.  Lightning and similar projects, all are helping.

p.p.s.  Just from personal curiosity,  I’d like to hear from two people although it seems very unlikely they are around:
Atlas - from a long time ago, long ago banned for a lot of reasons - I think all discussed here and elsewhere online.  Hopefully he matured, got his act together, and didn’t sell his bitcoin.  (Started this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.4620 ).
Zeroday - hasn’t been on in years.  I’d be interested in hearing how he has recovered from the Cyprus fiasco ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=83045 ).  He protected himself and got himself away from the control freaks.

A quote worth remembering: “There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream-the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path. Plutarch warned, "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits."  

Bitcoin puts you in charge of who you give "bounties, donations and benefits" to.

Cheers.

* Slashdot article:
https://news.slashdot.org/story/10/07/11/1747245/bitcoin-releases-version-03
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 11:08:56 PM
Merited by LoyceV (8), vapourminer (2), DdmrDdmr (2), fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Thank you zasad@ for inviting me!

In 2013. My friend explained bitcoin to me but I barely trusted it because I was just scammed by a ponzi project at that time. Then since I love betting on sportsbook, he introduced me Directbet, the most popular bitcoin sportsbook site back then. I was very amazed on how efficient and easy to use bitcoin is, and even I could spend it on other stuffs beside gambling. I realized bitcoin is a future and here we are. This good friend is a user too here on this forum. Thanks a lot mate!

In 2013 and for gambling of course Tongue But it's just fraction of it, not whole bitcoin

It's introduced by same friend. He said I could open my design service here and you could also earn money by posting. I was like "really? How can you get paid by posting?". Then I signed up and DaDice was my first campaign which at that time they were the biggest signature campaign. I still remember I got paid 0.1btc weekly and since then I joined few campaigns until I decide to focus only on my service as a graphic designer here and irl.

Negative news about bitcoin spread by media like using bitcoin to buy drugs or illegal weapons. Though it's normal for people to hate something they have no idea about.

From my perspective, gambling is one of the main reasons why people want to know more about bitcoin. With cryptocurrency, people could use it anonymously without getting traced by anyone. But still you have to bet responsibly and must be mature enough for that, or it would harm no one but yourself.

The most important point when you get into investment is, you must know what you are investing at. Every profit comes with its risk. But imo experience is worthier than education. Getting both would be much better tho.

The system successfully reduces the number of spamming, and I saw so many good quality threads. But tbh I feel the forum is bit less fun now lol, because mostly users trying so hard to make very long posts. You can just state your point with simple and short text but yeah, probably you won't get paid with that post.

Reputation as there are always many dramas going on there, but yeah I rarely visit that board nowadays. Meta is useful too. Regarding most helpful users, in my early time on this forum as a newbie, Mitchell and Lauda helped me a lot. For signature design, I learned a lot from medUSA's designs and he is my role model. I also got helped by QS, shorena, and theymos for sure. I thought theymos, as an admin, won't bothered to reply your message but that's totally wrong. I always got replied every time I pm'ed him, even though I was a low rank and sometimes it took 1-2 days to get a reply. Yahoo62278 also helps me many times and I know him well since 2015. Hhampuz is very helpful too and I like his personality. Damn I have so many names in mind, sorry guys can't mention all of you. Ah let me mention one more name (I promise this is the last name), BiPolarBob. Where ever you are right now BPB, I wish the best for you! Your generosity won't be forgotten.

- Perhaps bring back the animated avatar and limited to personal use only.
- Dark mode lol (sounds cool but seems it will affect the look of signature design)
- Increasing the characters limit for signature design (to 8000 maybe? Cheesy)

I save most of my earnings in bitcoin and few alts, and will cash it out when I need money.

I once won 1 btc in signature design contest held by Yobit (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1402351.0) few years ago. If I knew the btc price will be this high I would just hodl it. My biggest loss is when I invested on a project which I lost nearly 50k usd. I wont explain it more as it still hurts and this is the main reason why I stop investing on some projects. I tell you guys, there is no better investment plan than hodling bitcoin.

Not really into DeFi tbh, but it's quite popular lately.

Both for me.

I have some books about bitcoin in my native language.

Bitcoin for sure. But personally I have eth and xlm in very small portion.

Uhm, $18,000?

15. P.S. (Optional)
Thanks once again zasad@ for this awesome project. It makes me know more about other users on this forum. And I feel like I'm one of the cool kids now lol. If any of you guys need some design, feel free to visit my thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142066. I wish all of you stay healthy and be ready for 2021! Bitcoin to the moon!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 11:29:59 PM

Interviews are done only with cash upfront.  Preferably before btc hits $50k+ then pulls a titanic with all the rats onboard.  And that list is way too long to be important.  Plus it’s missing the ones who have the answers.  Fun read tho. 

Thank you for playing!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: