Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Santander bank plans to expand Ripple's payments network later this year.  (Read 143 times)
roberthays (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:24:41 PM

Banco Santander are planning to use Ripple’s blockchain-based service RippleNet as part of their partnership. It's also lead to more banking partnerships for Ripple and trials. I know Ripple is a very debatable project but it seems that banks are taking their payment network seriously and we all know international payments with banks currently are a nightmare (slow, expensive and the list goes on).

It's rather impressive that Santander are taking a serious approach with Ripple. Banks partnering with Blockchain projects will be a huge feat for Blockchain for numerous reasons. It will also lead to extra funding for Blockchain research which is rather exciting.
dudusix9

Activity: 125
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:49:55 PM

Wow even Spain! I also saw Lithuania kinda trying to do the same thing. To celebrate their Act of Independence, the Bank of Lithuania, through LBCoin, is issuing 24,000 blockchain-based digital tokens and 4,000 physical silver collector coins. That's all using NEM's Symbol blockchain. I guess Ripple and NEM are leading the way of integrating blockchain everywhere.

CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 05:13:43 PM

News that you mentioned in your thread has happened since 2 years ago. What i want to ask to you as xrp hodl (perhaps), do you know when mccaleb will sold all XRP in his wallet?. He is one of the reasons why i don't have (buy) any XRP in my bag.

roberthays (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 07:18:20 PM

Correct, their partnership has been going on for a while now however Santander plans to expand Ripple's payments network which has recently been announced. I also agree that Ripple is a project that is subject to debate (as stated in my original post). I do however believe that SEPA is outdated and i'm intrigued by Santander utilizing Ripple.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 08:09:19 PM

Correct, their partnership has been going on for a while now however Santander plans to expand Ripple's payments network which has recently been announced. I also agree that Ripple is a project that is subject to debate (as stated in my original post). I do however believe that SEPA is outdated and i'm intrigued by Santander utilizing Ripple.

yeah, but one should bear in mind that XRP and Ripple payment network is not the same, not even close, and that XRP is not directly correlated with Ripple payment network expansion, this is something that should always be clarified, there are people who could invest based on network expansion in XRP, and there is no direct correlation
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 10:56:14 PM

Even if this is true, why should it affect the token value of Ripple?

The way Ripple's system works is that it doesn't matter what the value of XRP is when a bank conducts a cross-bank transfer. Since the transfer is completed and settled back to fiat nearly instantly, slippage is minimal for the banking partners.

Ripple is the enemy of decentralized guys, don't forget it.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 09:21:44 AM

-snip-
Yeap. SEPA is kind of "old technology". While there's lots of benefits while using blockchain (in this case represented by Ripple) network as their payment systems. Those benefits was also expressed by Santander through their following sentence:
At Santander we work hard to ensure our banking is simple, personal and fair and believe new blockchain technology will play a transformational role in the way we achieve our goals and better serve our customers, adding value by creating more choice and convenience.
Source : https://ripple.com/insights/santander-becomes-first-uk-bank-use-ripple-cross-border-payments/

But i really want to know some honest reviews from their customer after santanser using ripple technologies. If there aren't, I want to see the progress of the santander ranking after using ripple technology. Is it up from previous year or is it the same?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: