Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 8700 Bitcoin ATMS now Installed Globally  (Read 455 times)
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 01:54:35 AM

in asia only a few and not available in my country and if I want to use it have to go to neighboring countries LOL.
That is foolishness going to another country just to use ATM Bitcoin?you can purchase Bitcoin all over the world so you have no need to do that stupidity.
although we can use exchanger to exchange or withdraw with lower fee, an ATM is still needed when conditions are urgent. I am happy to see bitcoin ATMs growing
Nope ATm machine is Physical way of accumulating Bitcoin when there are so many ways now to purchase online,You can even buy p2p using
 escrow,since there are some trusted account here that willing to be an escrow without any single fee asked.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 02:57:02 AM

I'm not surprised there are so many bitcoin ATMs in North America.
In these countries there are too many taxes and options for bitcoin are also a way to ensure their wealth is private and convenient. According to my observation, the proportion of Americans using cryptocurrencies and the mining network nodes of different blockchains is very high. I wonder which companies are behind those ATMs and if they are all legal before the US government.

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 04:02:44 AM

in asia only a few and not available in my country and if I want to use it have to go to neighboring countries LOL.
That is foolishness going to another country just to use ATM Bitcoin?you can purchase Bitcoin all over the world so you have no need to do that stupidity.
Chill bro, most probably deadmousehat is just joking. See the "LOL"? So don't take it seriously Grin. Maybe he only want to share the feeling of not having a bitcoin atm in his country, that's all.

Nope ATm machine is Physical way of accumulating Bitcoin when there are so many ways now to purchase online,You can even buy p2p using
 escrow,since there are some trusted account here that willing to be an escrow without any single fee asked.
You're right but if there is one near your area then why not? Grab the opportunity because using a bitcoin ATM is a wonderful experience for sure (actually I'm dreaming of using it someday). That was a proof of a growing community so cherish it.
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 05:15:39 AM

And maybe once this pandemic is over, we will see more of these bitcoin ATMs as the adoption is growing. And yes, only few crypto users so far used btc ATM. And yes, he is The Pharmacist -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5262424.0

Also, there's another one, Peter R way back in 2013.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330720.0

But honestly, not many really use bitcoin ATM because most of us convert our crypto to fiat with other means like local exchange, p2p or local remittances. Maybe, because the fee is lower than using this ATM and also the convenience from where you are. Sometimes they are not easily accessible. So whatever is near to you, like local exchange, you use their services. Even me, which has been years in crypto, never tried a btc ATM yet.

I live in Bali, a popular tourist spot.
since there are many foreigners here, bitcoin became a payment option for many stores, hotels, restaurants, and more.
there's also a bitcoin ATM placed in a coworking space, about 20 minutes from my house.
but, before I had a chance to try it, our regulation here in Indonesia banned crypto as a payment.
like you have said, maybe I will used it only because I am curious, not because I need to.

Coinatmradar post about that bitcoin atm here:
https://coinatmradar.com/bitcoin_atm/322/bitcoin-atm-lamassu-ubud-hubud/
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 10:40:49 AM

although we can use exchanger to exchange or withdraw with lower fee, an ATM is still needed when conditions are urgent. I am happy to see bitcoin ATMs growing
you said theres a few already ? but its far away or not available on where you lived .  you dont need to travel to other countries because that cost more time and money but you can travel on that specific place within your country where btc atm are located , only if you are really itching to try and use them but if you dont you can also request one to your mayor's or to the merchants around you but dont worry because the btc atm will soon be available on every places soon when btc becomes mainstream .
cryptoperkele

Activity: 889
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:24:13 PM

I got no use for btc atm anymore after they have forced kyc in them in our country, and whole europe is coming with us later if they haven't implemented it already. Luckily i can still meet people in person and sell them my btc if i want cash. I am guessing that will get harder as well if the the travel rule is implemented.

budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:26:45 PM

This is good news for all of us, back then in 2017 there were several bitcoin ATMs in my country's shopping centers and now they are gone, because maybe the interest in cryptocurrency in my country is not as big as in America so ATM owners withdraw them. Hopefully in the future there will be more Bitcoin ATMs in the country. me to make it easier for people to make transactions and attract people to use cryptocurrency.
ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2086
Merit: 449

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 03:54:55 PM

I like that the number of Bitcoin ATMs continue to increase. It can ease the adoption of Bitcoin on different countries. It seems that there is not many Bitcoin ATMs in Europe compared to America. But I believe that the number of them will increase sharply in there too in the future.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 04:50:54 PM

This is good news for all of us, back then in 2017 there were several bitcoin ATMs in my country's shopping centers and now they are gone, because maybe the interest in cryptocurrency in my country is not as big as in America so ATM owners withdraw them. Hopefully in the future there will be more Bitcoin ATMs in the country. me to make it easier for people to make transactions and attract people to use cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin ATM is indeed growing since crypto is getting more attention nowadays, though it's not the same in every country or continent. Probably it's not really profitable in your country that's why it did not last, unlike in America where a lot of ATMs are being installed. But it would be really great to see the growing number of ATMs in different countries (not just in America) even if it won't probably be used by a lot of people.

TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 05:39:00 PM

did I miss something?
I can't find the number of transactions made by Bitcoin ATM.
https://coinatmradar.com/charts/
I wonder how common / how often people used Bitcoin ATM.

That's because of the regulation.
Bitcoin was and still banned as a payment (money).
In Indonesia, it's a cryptoasset not a cryptocurrency.

South East Asian Country with Bitcoin ATM.

Singapore: 9
VietNam: 6
Thailand: 5
Philippines: 4
Malaysia: 1
Indonesia: 101 --> I type "LOL" with numbers
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: