Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FeedZeBirds.com - Bitcoin Twitter Ad Platform [ANN]  (Read 8466 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 11:47:44 AM

One more bug I've noticed: Clicking Page 1 and Page 2 on my Credited Feedings page displays the exact same content.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bearbones

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 07:20:59 PM

Can you explain the discrepancy between "Total Earned", "Earnings" and the amount that has been sent to my address?

Total Earned = All the btc paid to you in the lifetime of your account
Earnings = Same as above (maybe we should make the term the same)

Minimum payout is 0.01 btc... so if you tweet 1btc of ads, and then another one for .005, the amount sent to your address would only be 1btc, with the rest held until you pass the .01 threshold again.

Keep the questions coming if you have them =)

Then why is Total Earned significantly different than Earnings, which is also significantly different than what has been paid to my address?

Total Earned: 0.0909315
Earnings: 0.2389563
[EDIT]Sent to Address: 0.2179593

Lightrider,

Thanks for your feedback.

First, I'd like to address the total you've been paid out, vs. a total of all of your retweets. Our records show that you've earned 0.2389563btc as of the time of this post. The amount you reported as sent to your address is still correct: 0.2179593btc. I checked the log and it looks like a couple of your feedings were rejected for a bogus reason. This was a bug that was fixed a few days ago, and I thought I'd cleared all of the blocked transactions, but it seems I missed yours. I cleared them, and will go back through to see if anyone else is still being affected.

As for the discrepancies between total earned and earnings, it should now be fixed, along with the credited feedings pagination issue. The 0.0909315 was actually the total for whichever page it thought you were on. Anyway, let me know if these numbers still don't match!

Cheers

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 08:42:59 PM

Can you explain the discrepancy between "Total Earned", "Earnings" and the amount that has been sent to my address?

Total Earned = All the btc paid to you in the lifetime of your account
Earnings = Same as above (maybe we should make the term the same)

Minimum payout is 0.01 btc... so if you tweet 1btc of ads, and then another one for .005, the amount sent to your address would only be 1btc, with the rest held until you pass the .01 threshold again.

Keep the questions coming if you have them =)

Then why is Total Earned significantly different than Earnings, which is also significantly different than what has been paid to my address?

Total Earned: 0.0909315
Earnings: 0.2389563
[EDIT]Sent to Address: 0.2179593

Lightrider,

Thanks for your feedback.

First, I'd like to address the total you've been paid out, vs. a total of all of your retweets. Our records show that you've earned 0.2389563btc as of the time of this post. The amount you reported as sent to your address is still correct: 0.2179593btc. I checked the log and it looks like a couple of your feedings were rejected for a bogus reason. This was a bug that was fixed a few days ago, and I thought I'd cleared all of the blocked transactions, but it seems I missed yours. I cleared them, and will go back through to see if anyone else is still being affected.

As for the discrepancies between total earned and earnings, it should now be fixed, along with the credited feedings pagination issue. The 0.0909315 was actually the total for whichever page it thought you were on. Anyway, let me know if these numbers still don't match!

Cheers

Everything appears to be correct now, thank you!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 12:18:03 AM

I think there might be a problem with the payout. I appear to be getting paid more than I should. Can you verify if this is the case?

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 06:51:05 PM

If I see a retweet from feedzebirds, and I retweet it from with twitter, will I get paid too? Or is it only paid if you go to the feedzebirds site and retweet it?

Hi Peter,

Our plan is to enable it to be retweeted from within Twitter itself (or and 3rd party twitter app), but right now you have to use FeedZeBirds.com.

Ira (the developer) and I are currently in an epic discussion over how useful this feature is to users. I really want to make it available ASAP, but Ira is skeptical that it adds much. So can you tell him why he's wrong? =)
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 06:53:15 PM

yes, he's wrong! Possibility to detect retweet directly from the twitter would be awesome, it will make retweeting more spontaneous.

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 12:40:21 AM

I would suggest you do not include such functionality, especially if you want to stand by your claims of weeding out spambots and the like. How do you verify all the twitter accounts that re-tweet all the campaigns? Do you plan on verifying them and then paying out to their account? Is it a manual process? If your service is successful, how much time can be put into such a process? I'm sure it's possible to do all of that work, but it doesn't seem worth it to me. I think those people who are curious enough will look into the service to collect their reward first. But that's just my opinion.

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 01:44:46 AM

I would suggest you do not include such functionality, especially if you want to stand by your claims of weeding out spambots and the like. How do you verify all the twitter accounts that re-tweet all the campaigns? Do you plan on verifying them and then paying out to their account? Is it a manual process? If your service is successful, how much time can be put into such a process? I'm sure it's possible to do all of that work, but it doesn't seem worth it to me. I think those people who are curious enough will look into the service to collect their reward first. But that's just my opinion.

To be able to retweet from within Twitter, the user would still need to have signed up with FeedZeBirds.com. The point is that once they've signed up, they don't have to go back to the site to retweet.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 03:15:31 AM

To be able to retweet from within Twitter, the user would still need to have signed up with FeedZeBirds.com. The point is that once they've signed up, they don't have to go back to the site to retweet.

Ah, did not realize that was the issue. Well, as the website experience improves, then the need to not use it should diminish. Still waiting on the blocking feature I mentioned earlier. Glad to see you continue working on this really interesting service.

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 02:15:13 AM

I think retweeting only after you have made an account is a nice feature.  Allows it to be more organically viral.

Any plans to restrict payment to a certain area? (ex. US only, california only)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 05:37:15 AM

Any plans to restrict payment to a certain area? (ex. US only, california only)

You mean so that sponsors only pay for retweets in a certain area?

It would be useful for some sponsors, for sure, but practical implementation is extremely difficult. A) it makes the site much more complicated and B) it's hard/impossible to screen users based on their REAL location. Also, what if a user wants to retweet for multiple regions that are relevant, etc.

Basically, the more we look into that, the more it convolutes things, and much of the attraction of FeedZeBirds is the simplicity and speed of the system. We ARE making other languages, however. Japanese is our first - Twitter is big in Japan... and soon Bitcoin will be too muahahahaha
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 06:09:17 PM

So I have created two campaigns that both show a number of RT's, but I cannot find any evidence of them having been RT'd in any twitter searches. I can find all my previous campaigns through similar searches, but not these particular two. Any idea what's going on?

http://feedzebirds.com/p06cg

http://feedzebirds.com/f4i7z

bearbones

Activity: 316

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 03:58:16 AM

So I have created two campaigns that both show a number of RT's, but I cannot find any evidence of them having been RT'd in any twitter searches. I can find all my previous campaigns through similar searches, but not these particular two. Any idea what's going on?

LightRider,

Unfortunately, these tweets were rejected because Twitter thinks your url (j.mp/rwlMbo) is 20 characters long, putting it over the limit. I wrote some logic into the character counter on the Create Campaign page to recognize URLs, but I didn't account for .mp domains. :/

Obviously, I need to do a little more work on the URL recognition system. In the meanwhile, we have two options. If we can shorten your campaign messages by 7 characters, Twitter will accept them, and we can send out the approved tweets that have been being rejected. Otherwise, we can refund you for the campaigns. Please PM me your preference, Lightrider.

Until I make the URL recognition more robust, please only use URLs with ".com", ".org", ".edu", ".net", ".uk", ".us", ".net", ".mil", ".gov", ".le", ".be", ".co", ".it", ".in", ".im", ".eu", ".ca", ".cz", ".de", ".jp", ".fr", ".au", ".ru", ".ch", ".nl", ".se", ".no", ".es", ".ly" and ".mp" (just added) top level domains.

[edit]
Added support for: ".aero", ".biz", ".jobs", ".coop", ".info", ".mobi", ".name", ".museum", ".pro", ".at", ".be", ".ph", ".pl"
[/edit]

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 04:24:24 AM

LightRider,

Unfortunately, these tweets were rejected because Twitter thinks your url (j.mp/rwlMbo) is 20 characters long, putting it over the limit. I wrote some logic into the character counter on the Create Campaign page to recognize URLs, but I didn't account for .mp domains. :/

Obviously, I need to do a little more work on the URL recognition system. In the meanwhile, we have two options. If we can shorten your campaign messages by 7 characters, Twitter will accept them, and we can send out the approved tweets that have been being rejected. Otherwise, we can refund you for the campaigns. Please PM me your preference, Lightrider.

Until I make the URL recognition more robust, please only use URLs with ".com", ".org", ".edu", ".net", ".uk", ".us", ".net", ".mil", ".gov", ".le", ".be", ".co", ".it", ".in", ".im", ".eu", ".ca", ".cz", ".de", ".jp", ".fr", ".au", ".ru", ".ch", ".nl", ".se", ".no", ".es", ".ly" and ".mp" (just added) top level domains.

[edit]
Added support for: ".aero", ".biz", ".jobs", ".coop", ".info", ".mobi", ".name", ".museum", ".pro", ".at", ".be", ".ph", ".pl"
[/edit]

Thanks for addressing my issue. PM incoming.

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 09:13:29 AM

Testing it out.  Paying for some tweets that should earn some bitcoins for me.  I'll have to play with it some more.  Its getting late.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 05:10:35 PM

Hi all,

Can I make a quick request - if you've tried out FeedZeBirds and it's been a pleasant experience, can you leave a quick rating here?

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=792

It'll help us get more exposure, thanks!
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2011, 10:32:02 PM

Hi all,

Can I make a quick request - if you've tried out FeedZeBirds and it's been a pleasant experience, can you leave a quick rating here?

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=792

It'll help us get more exposure, thanks!

You can also review FeedZeBirds here: http://www.thebitcoinlist.com/listing/feedzebirds/  Wink

Still around.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 05:46:55 PM

best website ever.  Smiley
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 01:52:59 AM

I am curious why you chose to go on The Bitcoin Show, hosted by Bruce Wagner, ... allegedly patronized underage prostitutes.
That's a very serious accusation and criminal if unfounded. Can you prove any charges for this horrendous allegation? Where is a link? Do you have any evidence for an indictment or are you a just another SA troll? Maybe you know something. Are you pimping children for talk show hosts? Hmm? Time to bounce dude.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 02:05:57 AM

I am curious why you chose to go on The Bitcoin Show, hosted by Bruce Wagner, ... allegedly patronized underage prostitutes.
That's a very serious accusation and criminal if unfounded. Can you prove any charges for this horrendous allegation? Where is a link? Do you have any evidence for an indictment or are you a just another SA troll? Maybe you know something. Are you pimping children for talk show hosts? Hmm? Time to bounce dude.

If you look at his history, he's trolling many threads. Ignore and move along.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: