Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:59:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocknet solving Ethereums Centralized Data Protocol - Infura  (Read 461 times)
BTCXRPADA (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 04:53:09 PM

The gas fees you pay whenever you want to send ETH based tokens via the ETH network is paid to a centralized data protocol called Infura.

Infura is a centralized data protocol, which if it goes down (has happened before), makes all the ETH tokens unuseable, which would be a disaster for a project like LINK, which relies on the ETH chain with it's nodes.

Blocknet is the only project working on a decentralized data protocol, which can handle ETH's data, the interesting part is the fees involved, which is shared among the nodes running these services. Infura collects millions of dollars in fees every year, so a fraction of those fees paid to node holders would mean incredibly high ROI for node owners.

Decentralization means that the single point of failure - Infura wont be an issue for token holders anymore. This is pretty interesting in terms of a business aspect, where node owners will take the fees, and not a centralized entity like Infura.

Blocknet is mostly known for their DEX, but they are much more than that, and this recent DEFI craze will for sure put Blocknet up to par with top delivering projects in this space, since their tech has been built on for years already.

You might wonder why this isn't a top 100 project yet, if what they are building is this significant, but they don't deal much with marketing yet, but rather focuses their time and energy on their tech.

Blocknet's tech could be incorporated straight into Metamask, giving it's users a decentralized, AND cheaper solution.

This is one of the very few projects I could see 100x, let alone 500x since it's marketcap is so incredibly low, and since this project isn't a new "churn and burn" project, you know they deliver.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 08:26:52 PM

I would have to agree that this is a very practical use case and problem solving side of blocknet that i was not aware of before, Infact it is really pleasing to know that these independent projects and their developers are working for a bigger cause and providing solutions for ethereum network which is a big achievement in my eyes and for this blocknet should be really appreciated.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
BTCXRPADA (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 05:38:53 PM

I would have to agree that this is a very practical use case and problem solving side of blocknet that i was not aware of before, Infact it is really pleasing to know that these independent projects and their developers are working for a bigger cause and providing solutions for ethereum network which is a big achievement in my eyes and for this blocknet should be really appreciated.

Only very very few people know about this, but I'm sure once they're ready and everyone starts taking notice, that Blocknet will get the attention it truly deserves. Meanwhile, I'm accumulating this, hard.  Grin
Wh00re

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 01:53:32 PM

Only very very few people know about this, but I'm sure once they're ready and everyone starts taking notice, that Blocknet will get the attention it truly deserves. Meanwhile, I'm accumulating this, hard.  Grin

Nice read.

I've been eyeing Blocknet for a long long time, and believe it's massively undervalued versus what they've built so far.

Their Litewallet looks promising, making BTC trading possible in a decentralized fashion. Uniswap has seen massive success, but doesn't support REAL BTC, nor any other relevant projects like LTC.
It's currently undergoing testing, but the overall design looks promising: https://xlitewallet.com/
BTCXRPADA (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 10:03:20 PM

Nice read.

I've been eyeing Blocknet for a long long time, and believe it's massively undervalued versus what they've built so far.

Their Litewallet looks promising, making BTC trading possible in a decentralized fashion. Uniswap has seen massive success, but doesn't support REAL BTC, nor any other relevant projects like LTC.
It's currently undergoing testing, but the overall design looks promising: https://xlitewallet.com/

You can join the beta testers through the Blocknet Discord channel and try it out on your own.
It's being fixed for bugs and exploits currently, but once finished, I'm sure the overall volume on their DEX will rise a LOT, benefitting node owners, and the whole eco-system Smiley
Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 09:28:38 PM

Blocknet is a nice project which is massively undervalued since they don't do it like everyone else. They don't use all their resoruces on marketing, but rather on straight up developments, which is nice for a change.

Blocknet is not just a DEX as believed by the vast majority of people, it's also a project working on a decentralized oracle network, which is much more complex and doesn't compromise decentralization. It's sybil resistant - Doesn't enforce KYC on it's nodes, like we've seen with Chainlinks setup.

Overall the upside potential on Block is massive. It's only a matter of time before they get recognized for their tech.  Wink
2020Crypto

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 07:46:11 PM

Infura seems like a very bad setup for Ethereum. Never been aware of this, and made me curious about Blocknet, which I remember from back in early 2018. Did a quick glance at it, but never really paid too much attention to the project.

Thanks for sharing this useful info, time to do some research!  Grin
BTCXRPADA (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 12:56:29 PM

Ethereum went down because of Infura just the other day. SO many people panicked when they logged into metamask to see their balance at: 0.00

Blocknet's Infura solution could be integrated straight into Metamask and give people the option to use a completely decentralized data transmitter in the future, instead of relying so much on Infura itself!
2021bull

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 05:53:26 AM

Seems like a MAJOR flaw in Ethereum, if it only relies on a few centralized nodes.
I'll definitely do some research on Blocknet, seems like a promising project from I can read here, and that says a lot, as I haven't even read the white paper yet, lol.
PermaBear21

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 01:34:10 PM

Blocknet's XLite wallet: https://xlitewallet.com/

Will definitely boost the overall use of the Blocknet DEX, which is one of the only DEX's out there with BTC and LTC trading pairs.

There's a pretty good incentive to hold a service node if the volume picks up, making BLOCK even more attractive from an investors point of view.
The future looks interesting - I wonder when people will put their attention towards promising ALT's.
Nick_ADA_FAN

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 04:07:52 PM

Infura seems like a very bad setup for Ethereum. Never been aware of this, and made me curious about Blocknet, which I remember from back in early 2018. Did a quick glance at it, but never really paid too much attention to the project.

If Infura is so bad, why does ETH rely so much on it? Seems fucking dumb, guess nobody cares, lol.  Huh

I wonder if Blocknet will ever fix this, if they do this project will 500x in price over night, haha  Cheesy
PermaBear21

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 01:53:01 PM

If Infura is so bad, why does ETH rely so much on it? Seems fucking dumb, guess nobody cares, lol.  Huh

I wonder if Blocknet will ever fix this, if they do this project will 500x in price over night, haha  Cheesy

The vast minority of Ethereum users have any ideas of how it works, let alone what Infura really is.

Most people is investing to get rich quick these days. It's all that matters, profit.

Blocknet node owners could make some serious money off of the traffic from Ethereum, just need to be integrated on sites like Metamask etc.
2021bull

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 04:46:02 PM

The vast minority of Ethereum users have any ideas of how it works, let alone what Infura really is.

Most people is investing to get rich quick these days. It's all that matters, profit.

Blocknet node owners could make some serious money off of the traffic from Ethereum, just need to be integrated on sites like Metamask etc.

"Lots of money" how much are we talking here? Been following  this project for the past week or so, and the community seems very active, which is great to see. The upside on this one is huge, I'll definitely take advantage of that!
TopGunLover

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 06:51:33 AM

"Lots of money" how much are we talking here? Been following  this project for the past week or so, and the community seems very active, which is great to see. The upside on this one is huge, I'll definitely take advantage of that!

If the network get a small fraction of Infuras daily volume, you can make some SERIOUS bank with this. Millions of dollars is processed in fees every week through Infura, imagine if you could get a tiny fraction of that. 1 node would be enough to make a living  Grin Smiley
Nick_ADA_FAN

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 07:01:18 PM

If the network get a small fraction of Infuras daily volume, you can make some SERIOUS bank with this. Millions of dollars is processed in fees every week through Infura, imagine if you could get a tiny fraction of that. 1 node would be enough to make a living  Grin Smiley

Needs to be integrated into Metamask to make that happen, which would be a huge achievement. Not sure if the team can pull it off, but we'll have to wait and see I guess  Smiley

Last time BTC hit this level, the price of BLOCK was nearly $60 - Which is a 60x from here - And back then they hadn't accomplished this much tech. It might actually be a good play in the end.
2021bull

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:41:30 PM

Needs to be integrated into Metamask to make that happen, which would be a huge achievement. Not sure if the team can pull it off, but we'll have to wait and see I guess  Smiley

Last time BTC hit this level, the price of BLOCK was nearly $60 - Which is a 60x from here - And back then they hadn't accomplished this much tech. It might actually be a good play in the end.

I follow Blocknet on Blockfolio and Discord. From what they stated, Hydra will be ready next year. Don't know when in 2021 though, hope it's Q1  Grin

Been buying just a little, in case it takes off. It's a bit of a gamble, but a gamble I'm willing to take based on past performance. Block was valuated at 5 cents in februray 2017, and mooned to $60 11 months later.  Shocked
SpeedIsAllINeed

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:04:34 PM

Never heard of "infura" before, but it worries me a bit that Ethereum functions like this?

When is this ready for public use?
JohnSmock

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:07:33 AM

Never heard of "infura" before, but it worries me a bit that Ethereum functions like this?

Would like to know as well. A few weeks ago when I logged into my metamask account, it said I had 0 tokens on it. I freaked the FUCK out, lol. I thought I was hacked or something, almost got a heart attack, lol. I read about some "Infura outage", but didn't know the technicals behind it.  Huh
BTCXRPADA (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 02:47:18 PM

Devs said 2021, that's all we know for sure right now.

Would like to know as well. A few weeks ago when I logged into my metamask account, it said I had 0 tokens on it. I freaked the FUCK out, lol. I thought I was hacked or something, almost got a heart attack, lol. I read about some "Infura outage", but didn't know the technicals behind it.  Huh

Ethereum has some centralized points of failures. Nobody cares until something like this happens, haha. Funny thing is, Infura processes millions of dollars worth of fees every day, fees which could be paid to service nodes on the Blocknet chain.  Wink
SpeedIsAllINeed

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Devs said 2021, that's all we know for sure right now.

Ethereum has some centralized points of failures. Nobody cares until something like this happens, haha. Funny thing is, Infura processes millions of dollars worth of fees every day, fees which could be paid to service nodes on the Blocknet chain.  Wink

Thanks, guess I need to do some research into Ethereum and Blocknet, seems really interersting, especially because I've never really seen Infura being discussed before.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: