Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Thinking of adding USD!?  (Read 2024 times)
risktaker (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:43:45 PM

I'm pretty sure this wasn't here yesterday, if cryptcy decided to take USD. It would be great because then we wouldn't  have to depend on bitcoin to purchase our favorite coin.

Now that i think about it if this happens, it will mark an end to bitcoin and as a result mark an end to all cryptocurrencies. With direct exchange to ordinary fiat alts will begin to multiply like crazy and even really cool coins will never really be able to grow into useable currencies.

Anyway here is the link.

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Infectiphibian

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:54:53 PM

That is new to the voting, but Cryptsy has had "USD coming soon" on the home page for a year. I guess they want to see what interest it will bring before registering in all 50 states to transfer money. Nobody wants to see more seized bank accounts like what happened to MtGOX.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:01:15 PM

I really don't see it happening, but I could be wrong. Cryptsy would be subject to all sorts of regulations and scrutiny, and there's a shady Cryptsy conspiracy theory every other week on these forums.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:18:20 PM

Cryptsy is and will add USD the reason it takes so long is due to compliance. We will be 50 state compliant. As far as the conspiracy theorists etc we have compliance officers and outside auditors we are in Florida you can drive to our offices there is no shady conspiracy.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:22:22 PM

well that is fine and dandy but what about the rest of the world ?

and yeah like the other guy said.. the page had coming soon since i registered there last July.. so this is not a new idea.
after all that is the excuse used (or one of them) as to why they added Cryptsy to cryptostocks.com (as stated word for word in the stocks description)
so yeah lets pay them some votes to get it added too lol
they can keep taking money to maybe add it one day.. they just keep finding new ways to take your money lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

Considering that Paul Vernon (BigVern) has a Less Than Honorable discharge form the US Army I'm sure that plays a part in it. Initally charged with Indencency with a Minor he pleaded guilty to a lesser misdeamenor charge avoiding jail time and life time sex crimes offender registration. I don't think we'll be seeing any USD there as long as he is the principle holder.

Where do you come up with this crap? That is absolutely false.
risktaker (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:56:15 PM

Cryptsy is and will add USD the reason it takes so long is due to compliance. We will be 50 state compliant. As far as the conspiracy theorists etc we have compliance officers and outside auditors we are in Florida you can drive to our offices there is no shady conspiracy.

Challenge accepted where you guys at?

Also you've confirmed you're going to be adding USD, then why did you add a vote panel for it?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

So you will be able to buy crypto with USD, can you also cashout crypto for USD? That would be awesome and would be the missing link to drive more people to crypto IMO.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

Considering that Paul Vernon (BigVern) has a Less Than Honorable discharge form the US Army I'm sure that plays a part in it. Initally charged with Indencency with a Minor he pleaded guilty to a lesser misdeamenor charge avoiding jail time and life time sex crimes offender registration. I don't think we'll be seeing any USD there as long as he is the principle holder.

Another question, was the Army aware that you were conducting business for a crypto exchange while deployed? Maybe the Army CID needs to be made aware your activities. Also do you deny Paul Vernon recieved anything less than an Honarable Discharge and he did not leave the Army on his own?
The part with sex crimes and all that, you're obviously pulling out of your ass.

Regarding the rest, even if were true, why the fuck should at least 96% of the world population care about any of this crap???

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:35:47 PM

Another question, was the Army aware that you were conducting business for a crypto exchange while deployed? Maybe the Army CID needs to be made aware your activities. Also do you deny Paul Vernon recieved anything less than an Honarable Discharge and he did not leave the Army on his own?

If you're going to be making allegations against the "King of the Altcoins" you should probably put up some evidence to support your claims.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

nobody wants bitcoin to die !

If cryptsy add USD, there will be one more USD/BTC exchange in the market Wink

BTW i am supporting cryptsy to add USD

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

That would be a good idea. It would Save me a lot of work/time

TTM

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:44:08 PM

I heard many negative reviews about Cryptsy, a lot of people complaint they didn't receive coins but the site confirm a successful withdraw/deposit. They should fix current issue with coins before adding fiat.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:54:04 PM

Yeah the USD market has been there but blank for a really long time. Does anyone know anyone over there that can give us a timeframe?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:50:00 PM

Yeah the USD market has been there but blank for a really long time. Does anyone know anyone over there that can give us a timeframe?
No time frame for this currently they are doing all paper work for this but I am not in favor of this because we cannot afford another big scam

anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

The part with sex crimes and all that, you're obviously pulling out of your ass.

Regarding the rest, even if were true, why the fuck should at least 96% of the world population care about any of this crap???

I have no idea whether it's true or not, but if it is people should care. How many people knew Mark Karpeles had a prior conviction for fraud? I bet a lot of Mtgox's customers now wish they did know.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:06:59 PM

They will eventually.

When they do it will really.hurt Bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:21:51 PM

They will eventually.

I'm not sure if it will hurt Bitcoin or not. But, it will definitely add value to some altcoins.
The biggest challenge for new people wanting to invest is finding a way to buy these coins. It seems like common sense to those of us that have been in the crypto world for any length of time, but not so much for new peoples.
Adding the ability to deposit USD and EASILY purchase some altcoins could be a game changer...in my humble opinion.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Gox is thinking of adding LTC too..

and gj bumping old garbage chris

FUD first & ask questions later™
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

They will eventually.

I believe its better for bitcoin and other alt coins and mostly for newbies which want to buy them with $ or Euro

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: