Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:31:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance lists Maker and Dai tokens amid DeFi boom  (Read 168 times)
bitcoinst (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 03:30:52 PM

Crypto exchange Binance is today listing MakerDAO's governance token Maker (MKR) and decentralized stablecoin DAI.

The exchange supports eight trading pairs for the tokens — MKR/BNB, MKR/BTC, MKR/BUSD, MKR/USDT, DAI/BNB, DAI/BTC, DAI/BUSD, and DAI/USDT.

The listings come amid decentralized finance (DeFi) boom. "DeFi is a hot topic for the blockchain industry this year. We received a lot of requests from our users [for the listings]," a Binance spokesperson told The Block.

Indeed, the DeFi market hit the $2 billion mark in total value locked for the first time earlier this month.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/72725/binance-lists-maker-and-dai-tokens-amid-defi-boom

----

It looks like we are really experiencing a Defi boom. Gas prices in the Ethereum network, in turn, reached the level of 2018.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:01:59 PM

Defi is a problem for binance imho. For instance i always looked binance to swap anything, right now uniswap is the only way i go. Easier, faster, more secure. So even if they are listing some defi tokens, i believe they are aware that defi is a threat for them.

@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:17:12 PM

With way Decentralised Finance (DEFI) is moving one might not need binance any more to trade or swap token. Sending your coin to exchange might soon be a thing of the past.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:37:42 PM

we are already can see how DEFI coins show themselves in this market. now these are really very strong projects that have already brought a lot of profit to those people who believed in them at the early stages

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:40:46 PM

Like seriously I would have been holding DAI stable coin presently instead of USDT because DAI is decentralized but after checking all exchanges that DAI is listed on I was pissed off, no single top exchanges that has DAI, seeing DAI on binance would be so cool and easy, I'm glad binance is listing DAI
Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:42:13 PM

Defi is a problem for binance imho. For instance i always looked binance to swap anything, right now uniswap is the only way i go. Easier, faster, more secure. So even if they are listing some defi tokens, i believe they are aware that defi is a threat for them.
Not a threat, binance isn't a decentralized exchange or decentralized finance platform, we all know that the centralized part of binance is doing well than binance dex if that's what you referring to, I don't see how DeFi projects will hurt binance exchange
bittraffic

Activity: 2982
Merit: 613

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 05:41:17 PM

It took them more than a year to add MKR.  Defi project leads the direction of the market to totally different way.

Defi I think its going to be a problem for all exchanges because the defi projects are more like a competitor for them. Some of it like the synthetix network is like the exchange that offers margin trading. Although some defi are just offering swap and lending but its still allowing users to trade.

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 05:48:55 PM

Looks like a good step at the right time and this will help stimulate the trend even more and will keep the market alive but i think growth should be natural and not just be a result of hype. In my opinion DeFi afootion will atleast take 2 to 3 more years.
That will be the time when DeFi market will be really huge at the moment masses do not know much about it.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 11:28:47 PM

Everyone is trying to tap into what Defi offers as well as its hype, so Binance making such move also confirms it and it won't be long for scammers to start bringing out theirs. However, most people see Defi as a threat to exchanges but I can only say, all exchanges aren't the same and also although it is still kinda early to start judging Defi projects because their boom (or hype) is still hovering everywhere, but  I am of the opinion it will take a while for people to actually understand more about Defi and this will be when all must have settled down. When this is done, the competition will start, for now people are still busy with the hype.

rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 06:47:06 AM

DAI was one of my favourite stable coins and it's really nice to see a big exchange like Binance is adding DAI to their exchange hopefully soon other big exchanges will follow as well.
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 06:53:32 AM

Like seriously I would have been holding DAI stable coin presently instead of USDT because DAI is decentralized but after checking all exchanges that DAI is listed on I was pissed off, no single top exchanges that has DAI, seeing DAI on binance would be so cool and easy, I'm glad binance is listing DAI
No way, DAI is listed on other top exchanges before binance list DAI, I think you don't do good research, DAI is available on Hitbtc, Kraken, Coinbase, bitfinex, Okex, and few Dex exchanges too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DoubleEdgeEX

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2020, 07:34:23 AM

Another smart move from CZ. Fortunately they also got rid of putting the BNB coin on Nr.1 on CMCs DeFi token list. That was a really bad move, didn´t help to build up trust to new users
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 08:06:09 AM

Another smart move from CZ. Fortunately they also got rid of putting the BNB coin on Nr.1 on CMCs DeFi token list. That was a really bad move, didn´t help to build up trust to new users
I think it is a good thing for new users to take the first step in the crypto industry for now, because most coins do not have a good profit rate like BnB coins. plus bnb coins are coins one of the largest crypto exchanges that are already trusted and have many features that are highly recommended.

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 01:55:13 PM

I said it before and I will say it again. I like the idea of lending and collateral and smart contract and liquidity all in one, but we all know what got banks in trouble right? unlimited interest and poor lending. Defi should prevent collapse from debt because of collateral but still, with crypto markets so volatile, a crash like in March can still wipe out MakerDAO which means Defi is not yet mature,,, so be careful guys.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 02:23:28 PM

Maker and Dai deserve to be listed on Binance, because MKR has entered in Coinbase and indeed the project is extraordinary,
MKR increase in Defi category also deserves to be ranked 2nd
Miaallen

Activity: 573
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 02:45:50 PM

We're now in the alt season and those projects you mentioned here are all great and worth investing into, most especially the DeFi. It's going to boom big time.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 03:05:49 PM

When you think about MakaerDao - it is probably the most favorite cryptocurrency for institutional investors, why would they invest into Ethereum? But when they bu a lot of MakerDao tokens they get power to influate the next decentralized finance ecosystem Smiley.

bittraffic

Activity: 2982
Merit: 613

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 06:50:16 AM

It just confirm the Defi projects to be booming and very lucrative investment.

Definitely a big trouble for centralize exchanges since there is more demands for anonymity for cryptocurrency and uniswap and all other dex just makes it possible. Although I'm trading in binance, it still feels safer to just go to the uniswap. A number of DEX too are going good because their volume continue to increase.

hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:52:40 AM

The most interesting thing is which project Binance will choose for the new IEO, it will be 100% DEFI project, but which one ?

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:54:52 AM

Maker and Dai deserve to be listed on Binance, because MKR has entered in Coinbase and indeed the project is extraordinary,
MKR increase in Defi category also deserves to be ranked 2nd
maybe it is listed on Binance because it was one of the first Defi tokens and that's why it got more attention. in fact, there are still a lot of Defi tokens that will have an impact on the market in the near future

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █